Spring 2023 Backlog Challenge

39 minutes ago, StilRh said:

(which is super realistic depending on my mood and shoulder issues) 

Hey are you me? I got the same thing going on lol. Makes gaming some nights not that much fun. My dr just cannot figure out what is wrong with my shoulder even after multiple tests.

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Hey are you me? I got the same thing going on lol. Makes gaming some nights not that much fun. My dr just cannot figure out what is wrong with my shoulder even after multiple tests.

Yooooo not to interrupt but I got the same exact situation with my elbow. Joints can be real jerks!

• Like 3

Well, not to add to the pot of "shoulder issues", but sometimes my arms and right side of my body ache in the morning, though I accept that it's probably because of the position I sleep(I put one arm over my head to hold a pillow on my head. Yeah, I have been sleeping with a pillow on my head since I was a kid, I am careful not to suffocate myself xD).

• Like 3

Shoulder problems you say? I spent the last 2 years with horrendous bursitis in my shoulder (first covid vaccine was administered incorrectly into my joint instead of the muscle ?), but thankfully now it's almost fully healed just took ages to get there

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, StilRh said:

Hey bad joint friends! Hope your pain lessens, it's the worst isn't it. @Heather342 that sounds bloody awful! I give injections to the deltoid (upper arm) on a regular basis and I'm struggling to understand how they could have hit that part of your shoulder. Are you going to get compensation?

The first jab I had was given really high up in my arm, and at the time it was administered the nurse said it went in really easy and she seemed quite surprised. I thought nothing of it at the time, but was still having pain in my arm when I went for my second jab 2 months later. Second one was given lower in the arm, but my shoulder deteriorated so much and I could barely lift my arm by 4-5 months post vac. I've had loads of physio and massage therapy since but only this year have I seen any real improvement in my mobility. I think it's too late now to make any sort of compensation claim, and I'm on the mend. Plus with the current state of the NHS, I don't really want to sue them ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

So Yooka-Laylee has plenty of charm..  *snip*

I've thought about giving this one another shot as I played part way through it on my old profile. I never did finish it but remember going into it hoping for that nostalgic N64 game feel with a bit of a modernizing spin to it. Ended up getting only the nostalgic N64 game feel complete with really wonky camera angles and all that didn't age overly well. :lol:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

I've thought about giving this one another shot as I played part way through it on my old profile. I never did finish it but remember going into it hoping for that nostalgic N64 game feel with a bit of a modernizing spin to it. Ended up getting only the nostalgic N64 game feel complete with really wonky camera angles and all that didn't age overly well. :lol:

Yep..... That was a big part of why I struggled with it in places, you only really get the feeling it's an N64 game, complete with atrocious camera that gets you killed more than your own incompetence.... and when I'm the one in control.... Sometimes that's a real feat ?

I had a good enough time with it I think. but I think that was more just helped by the fact I had a real hankering for a collectathon and I'd played quite a lot of the really good ones already ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Heather342 said:

I spent the last 2 years with horrendous bursitis in my shoulder (first covid vaccine was administered incorrectly into my joint instead of the muscle 1f62c.png)

Ugh, that sucks. But it could be worse. My sister(who is a nurse so she should know better) got hit with COVID-19 when she went to Las Vegas and attended a grunge metal concert. I mean, she got to do something she loved, but at what price? The entire family is up in arms about it. :(

14 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I want to play those games for sure - but I want to play them at my own pace where I don't feel like I have to rush to get them done

I get your feeling, man... that's why I decided to move Hogwarts Legacy to the Summer Backlog, because I wasn't feeling the urge to get the story done. I was too busy trying to get collectibles and then I felt under-motivated to do even that. :P

14 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Yooka-Laylee (PS4)

Ld505fc.png

Oh boy..... Where to start with this one.....  xD

Hey yeah, just started this title for my Kill Your Completion event list and I sort of agree with you on the lack of content, since it was supposed to be a spiritual successor for Banjo-Tooie, but meh. I really do like the art style and music as it does sound like something out of the Banjo series. But I really didn't like the Rextro games and doing a Kartos level was a bit frustrating, but then again that's my own fault for not getting gud. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Ugh, that sucks. But it could be worse. My sister(who is a nurse so she should know better) got hit with COVID-19 when she went to Las Vegas and attended a grunge metal concert. I mean, she got to do something she loved, but at what price? The entire family is up in arms about it. :(

Are they still banging on about covid in the States? We must be chilled in the UK, we forgot about that nonsense a long time ago. Concerts are a monthly thing if I can find decent ones HAHA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freddie1989 said:

Are they still banging on about covid in the States? We must be chilled in the UK, we forgot about that nonsense a long time ago. Concerts are a monthly thing if I can find decent ones HAHA

Most I see is pressing people who haven't gotten the vax or booster to get their vax or booster and then urging people to watch for certain symptoms if they get sick. Which is good advice, I finally came down with covid this last December. I'd never been that sick before.

49 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Most I see is pressing people who haven't gotten the vax or booster to get their vax or booster and then urging people to watch for certain symptoms if they get sick. Which is good advice, I finally came down with covid this last December. I'd never been that sick before.

I had the 2 initial ones, realised they weren't making a difference so disregarded their thoughts on boosters. I had it the one time, felt a bit meh for a couple of days and then got on with it. Worst part was the lack of taste for me as even peanut butter wasn't good anymore HAHA