Nostalgic Video games

Beyondthegrave07

Do you ever see an old screenshot, poster, video game cartridge, box, controller, instruction guide, etc. or hear music from an old classic game that gives you that nostalgic feel? If so, what kind of games give you that nostalgic feel and what triggers that nostalgic feel?

I'll give an example.

I really get nostalgic when I hear the song Lost Woods from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time whether it's on youtube or a ringtone. Also, the main menu from Kingdom Hearts brings back some memories.

Ok! Now it's your turn! 

This and that:

Almost forgot:

I know what you're thinking "this game is not that old!" or whatever, but when i 1st heard this in LR it gave me the same nostalgia feeling as the two above.

Edited by renatabls

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=shovuvHhFDc

The Hyrule Castle theme from Link to the Past. It was my first game besides Pacman and Pong so I spent alllllllot of time in the first dungeon. The game came with a map of Hyrule and my cousin and I would go outside and climb trees and be Link and Zelda. We came across the ruins of an old house that had burnt down and when we went inside it became, to us, the Hyrule Castle Dungeon from the start of the game.

Needless to say I almost cried when I heard it redone in Windwaker. In a time before youtube it was the first time I got to hear the song again since I played LttP as a little girl.

Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 1

I get nostalgic with a lot with video games , 

it's mostly flashback sort of memories 

it actually makes me sad because those times have passed 

and at the time i didn't appreciate it as much as i should have 

the one thing out of everything that probably makes me nostalgic the most 

is the part in Resident Evil 1 where you have to play Moonlight Sonata 

to open the hidden door ...... this bit of music will always be 

my favorite classical piece .

Edited by TheVolloxx-
  • Like 1

I could list a whole lot of games but one of the most nostalgic things for me is the Vectrex boot up noise. When you turn the power on it starts buzzing for a few seconds and then there are two different tones. I love it. 

Of course you can't forget these either. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ivdML1Xes

Parker

• Like 4

Doom.  All of it! E1M8 is so beautiful it's fapworthy.

Final Fantasy 3 (6j), too. Again, good to the last drop, but the Overworld theme and Kefka's theme leave me especially moonstruck.

Also, Mario 64. Bowser's theme is really cool, but even the other music takes me back.

And WarCraft II, maybe just because I've spent so many uninterrupted hours of my life hearing it lightly peppered with "Yes, M'Lord!" and "DaBoo"

It's always the soundtrack... If any of you have seen my reviews, you know I nearly always mention the soundtrack (and usually compare it to DOOM). It's a big factor for me.

Edited for elaboration.

Edited by Siuilarun
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ye old clock town day 1 theme, the amount of time i spent playing this game while younger, mainly trying to grind up for the fierce deity mask, but man was it fun. Stressful, but fun. 

Edited by ZeroCrysis09

I've played numerous video games throughout my life and I've enjoy the gameplay as well as the music. But there's only one game where I feel really nostalgic and that's Final Fantasy IX. Namely the two songs where I feel nostalgic and reflection of myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uClMyknwUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKWmUicdNQ

Listening to these two songs I couldn't help but feel nostalgic and remembering all the good and bad things that's ever happened in my life. Edited by DarkPirate2007
  • Like 3