Trophy thoughts?

Infected Elite

I really hope the tournament trophies can't be boosted. Although it's only winning ten matches in a tournament, I'm sick of seeing scrubs boost such simple trophies. Learn to play fighting games and actually get good. This game has more than enough people to play against and learn from!

Trophy hunters suck at multiplayer games.

38 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

This would be great and all if people stuck to the rank they genuinely play at, I’m in rookie and rightfully so, but both tournaments platinum division player’s purposely used a Smurf rookie to destroy everyone, shit like this is why people want to boost it. I can win perfectly fine against actual rookie, bronze and iron level players. Too add injury to insult I stayed up till 5AM and 7AM for this shit to happen both times on round 1. 
You’ re the prime example of why a lot of people think the fighting game community is toxic and rightfully so rather than helping you’ve got the I’m better than everyone else attitude. 
Don’t even try and tell me I’m shit at MP games because they’re the majority of what I play and do so legit because it’s fun, people who are smurfing and being dickheads ruining it for everyone else is not fun.

But hey I guess everyone needs to git gud against people who’ve been playing games like this for years on end while you’re completely new to this genre because they’re “scrubs”.

I wouldn't say platinum players smurf.  The game is new, after all.  Being new in fighting games doesn't mean folks are scrubs.  They're just new.  Scrubs are folks who think they're good, but aren't.

15 hours ago, Paul said:

I really hope the tournament trophies can't be boosted. Although it's only winning ten matches in a tournament, I'm sick of seeing scrubs boost such simple trophies. Learn to play fighting games and actually get good. This game has more than enough people to play against and learn from!

Trophy hunters suck at multiplayer games.

I get where you're coming from. I don't mind higher level trophies that actually require good skill to win. They're more rewarding and fulfilling to get. I do the beat games on hardest difficulty trophies all the time. But it shouldn't be to an extreme level for getting trophies. Sometimes these devs that think up these trophies are unreasonable and ludicrous though. Like, take Friday the 13th The Game for example. They expect people to do 2000 matches to get the platinum. That to me is longer about skill and just a unrealistic and an extreme grind and just shows the devs are out of touch with gaming. People have lives, and other games to play, do the devs think that gamers are shut-ins that game in an attic 24/7? Now, if THIS game would have required 10 actual full tournament wins (Capcom, please reprimand whoever wrote the trophy descriptions) then that would have been really dumb and extreme for a trophy. Even just 1 full tournament is still kinda dumb, especially if you happen to be at one of the higher skill ranks, it makes trying to win a tournament even more harder. There should be some skill involved for the harder trophies to push people to want to get them, but it should be reasonable and realistically respect a gamer's time. I'm not trying to say trophies should be all easy either, I'm not a fan of community service trophies, like getting a trophy for just loading the first level of the single player mode. I get devs want to think of gamers that might be disabled, but I don't think too easy trophies are the way. A better way to make disabled gamers feel included is for devs to focus more on developing better accessibility options. Then through the accessibility options they CAN get the trophies, like what The Last of Us Part 2 did.

Edited by illmaticDragon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

I never played Street Fighter. This night I tested the demo and loved it. Video games are for all of us. Some just wanna enjoy games. You don’t must be good at it to have fun.  I’m sick of people who wanna tell others how to play their games. Just let everyone have their fun. 

I agree and also disagree to this. Street Fighter is a competitive game at nature. You have to at least learn how to play competitively to start having some "fun" and know how to play fighting games. You can't actually just do whatever you want in a competitive fighting game. You can't actually do whatever you want and then expect to get 1st place online, at a local or a major fighting game tournament. I woudn't want to think I could do whatever I want and press random buttons and do badly and expect myself to have "fun". You got to at least learn how to play fighting games. But then again you don't actually have to play at a tournament lvl if you choose not to. There is the world tour mode which is single player mode but then again the CPU can be really hard to beat. (Yes I do already know how to easily cheese the CPU in the mode). At the end of the day you can't really just do whatever you want in a competitive fighting game. Can't go in there and think you can just press random buttons and win if that is your mentality. Your "fun" may end when you play the person that already knows how to adapt to situations and know how to play the game because they practiced, trained, been playing fighting games longer, watch replays, go to tournaments, be part of the fighting game community etc so there is certain extent of what you can do and what you can't do in a competitive fighting game. 

I still got lots of rant about but thats the general idea.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

I agree and also disagree to this. Street Fighter is a competitive game at nature. You have to at least learn how to play competitively to start having some "fun" and know how to play fighting games. You can't actually just do whatever you want in a competitive fighting game. You can't actually do whatever you want and then expect to get 1st place online, at a local or a major fighting game tournament. I woudn't want to think I could do whatever I want and press random buttons and do badly and expect myself to have "fun". You got to at least learn how to play fighting games. But then again you don't actually have to play at a tournament lvl if you choose not to. There is the world tour mode which is single player mode but then again the CPU can be really hard to beat. (Yes I do already know how to easily cheese the CPU in the mode). At the end of the day you can't really just do whatever you want in a competitive fighting game. Can't go in there and think you can just press random buttons and win if that is your mentality. Your "fun" may end when you play the person that already knows how to adapt to situations and know how to play the game because they practiced, trained, been playing fighting games longer, watch replays, go to tournaments, be part of the fighting game community etc so there is certain extent of what you can do and what you can't do in a competitive fighting game. 

I still got lots of rant about but thats the general idea.

Ok first how many times do you wanna say : " You cant just do whatever you want " . Secondly: OH YES I can oh my lord do you choose what Fun is or what is going on here lol . I can play whatever I want, when ever I want. The worst what can happen? I didnt get the platinum ? And? Maybe I buy it and just play it on a second account. Even if I lose 30 times in a row in the avatar/ Tornement. Who cares?

3 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Ok first how many times do you wanna say : " You cant just do whatever you want " . Secondly: OH YES I can oh my lord do you choose what Fun is or what is going on here lol . I can play whatever I want, when ever I want. The worst what can happen? I didnt get the platinum ? And? Maybe I buy it and just play it on a second account. Even if I lose 30 times in a row in the avatar/ Tornement. Who cares?

I never said what is fun and what is not fun. Thats why I said "fun". Fun is a subjective thing. I never told anybody what they can do and can't do in game but you will meet certain restrictions in game when you play against players that have been around a lot longer and have more experience. If you have fun losing all the games then that is your choice too. The avatar games are really custom games so I really don't count that. If you really want to do something like play in bigger online tournaments you would at least should learn how to play fighting games. There is going to be limitations on what you can do and can't do if you don't want to learn how to play fighting games. Thats what I'm trying to say.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

lol seems like it but it's probably a ton of work on their end and all kinds of re-coding bullshit. They haven't really replied to anyone's inquiries about it either.

Precisely! The fact that tournament mode was the sole reason that made the network go unstable, they'll most likely want to make sure it works well next time around. There's also nothing on the battle pass front. I just hope these network delays won't impact the DLC characters release too much!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

I'm going to boost the avatar stuff because I'm not a fan of the mode and the folks are mad overpowered right now.  I'll body said folks who call folks scrubs and they know it too *shrugs*

The game should have an option in the avatar battles to make them more fair. Maybe the stats of the higher level player could temporary be equal to the lower level player.

20 minutes ago, kluhyarg said:

The game should have an option in the avatar battles to make them more fair. Maybe the stats of the higher level player could temporary be equal to the lower level player.

or you could just finish the World Mode and only play Avatar Battles afterwards? ?

14 minutes ago, Sicho said:

or you could just finish the World Mode and only play Avatar Battles afterwards? 1f914.png

I did, I'm level 63 now, but i don't think it's fun fighting level 99 players or super lower level players. ☹️

• Like 1