What are some examples of relatively short ultra-rare platinums? (sub-25 hours)

realm722

Bound you can bang out in like, 10 hours if youre decent lol
Lone Survivor you could probably do really quick if you knew what you were doing beforehand, but the blind run is kinda messy so idk
Medal of Honor Frontline you could also theoretically do cause its literally 1 playthrough + a bit of cleanup but i doubt many are gonna do it that quickly lol
Titan Souls is super doable in a day
those are the few off the top of my head at least

• Like 3

Here are some I've done that are decently short:

Epic Mickey 2 (very good guide on gameFAQs to make it a walk in the park!)

Eyepet 

La Mulana 

La Mulana 2 (console stacks are VR, not UR, sorry!)

Oddworld Munch's Odyssey (I hated it though lol)

Oddworld New & Tasty

PlayStation Move Heroes

Prototype

Rabi Ribi 

Rogue Legacy

Shadow Complex

Sonic Forces

Start The Party 

Team Sonic Racing

Titan Souls 

Tricky Towers

Trine 2

Velocity Ultra

Velocity 2x

Many Metroidvania games are quite short with UR trophies, so it's a good genre to keep an eye out for!

Also some PSN titles that I've done that are very short with lots of URs:

Don't Die Mr Robot

Iconoclasts 

Knytt Underground 

Road Not Taken

Steamworld Dig

Switch Galaxy Ultra

TorqueL

Edited by Jerry_Appleby
  • Like 4

Action Henk. I guess this is what you look for? It’s a short game, but it’s tough! Very fun though.

Pix The Cat. Same as above only this one is quite a bit easier.

Rise & Shine. This is also short. But there isn’t really a difficulty here so no real challenge. Also a fun game.

• Like 2

Red Faction 2 (15 hours)

Handball 16 (20 hours)

Handball 17 (20 hours )

Troll & I (10 hours)

Agony (15 hours)

Troll & I and Handball 17 are allmost out of the UR category (4,95% and 4,98%) and extremely buggy.

I don`t have the Handball 16 and Agony plats at the moment, but I`m going for them in the next 2 months as part of a challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Fantasy Strike, this one's known as a bit of a meme on a competitor site because of its frequent use during a competition for easy quick score.

That's a good thing IMO, I'd be the type of person who'd rather have less than have inflated easy ones xD Although, truth is that a lot of the quick/easy ones are that way because they either sold decently enough/were on PS+ but people didn't take to them so even if a few people decided to bank quick rare trophies from them it's unlikely they'll stop being that rare from that. You'd need a huge wave of completions.

Fantasy Strike is a f2p game who's plat is locked behind a paywall, which is fair, imo. That's the only reason it's as rare as it is.

I agree with your final point. Rarity is so arbitrary. Too many people use it as a metric to guide their gaming hobby, which is super sad. You miss out on so many amazing games when you avoid common plats. Rarity doesn't mean it's a hard platinum or even "respectable", whatever that means. 

On topic: I'll 2nd Fantasy Strike for the above mentioned reason. 

Also, Battle Fantasia. I accidentally made top 50 fastest achievers and didn't even try. There's nothing difficult about that plat at all. Moreso if you're good at rhythm games since the only challenge requires decent rhythm. 

I think it isn't UR but is pretty close, The Sims 4 is short and fun. The worst aspect of the game is the poor performance of the port, it's just so slow in the menus and going from construction mode to life mode is a laggy process.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

Amplitude and Tony Hawk: Ride are doable in 10-15 hours if you're skilled (or crazy) enough...but good luck trying to find a working skateboard for Ride. And also forget about it if you ever changed your PSN name because it will nuke your PS3.

Grease Dance is doable in around 15-25 hours, but you need a Move.

Unturned is a really good one.

Under 1% , just under 20 hours , everything is done with cheats and there is only 10-20 minutes of boosting with 1 other player

Lego Worlds is also decent , 20-ish hours ,some local coop stuff but nothing to worry about overall. Slightly boring game tho.

Hawken - 2- 3hours of boosting

The Jackbox Series -Only requires a Pc , use session box on chrome to simulate multiple players

Tends to be under 10 hours per game ,most even going under 5 hours.

Race The Sun - Infinite Runner ,old Ps+ title. Depatch to 1.0.0. makes the game think it's all 1 run. Under 10 hours overall , pretty easy.

Just Dance Ps5

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/19545-just-dance

- Reboot of the franchise turned it into a live service game. Usually a payed game ,but there is a free version of the game called Starter Edition that includes 2 songs. ALL TROPHIES CAN BE DONE IN THESE 2 , TAKES 5-7 HOURS 

*REQUIRES A PHONE APP ,NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY CAMERA OR ANY OTHER FORM OF TRACKING.

VIRTUAL REALITY GAMES HAVE LOTS OF EASY ULTRA RARES. 

I MIGHT MAKE A LIST LATER.

The following games I have not done ,but I was told they are short. They might have some difficulty,but are short

Superhot

Niddhog

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 3

On 6/22/2023 at 5:35 PM, reaperveteran86 said:

Red Faction 2 (15 hours)

Handball 16 (20 hours)

Handball 17 (20 hours )

Troll & I (10 hours)

Agony (15 hours)

Troll & I and Handball 17 are allmost out of the UR category (4,95% and 4,98%) and extremely buggy.

I don`t have the Handball 16 and Agony plats at the moment, but I`m going for them in the next 2 months as part of a challenge.

Red faction 2 is following suit, the percentage is drastically rising frm 3.65% now to almost 4.50%, this will become very rare soon unfortunately 

19 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Fantasy Strike is a f2p game who's plat is locked behind a paywall, which is fair, imo. That's the only reason it's as rare as it is.

I agree with your final point. Rarity is so arbitrary. Too many people use it as a metric to guide their gaming hobby, which is super sad. You miss out on so many amazing games when you avoid common plats. Rarity doesn't mean it's a hard platinum or even "respectable", whatever that means. 

On topic: I'll 2nd Fantasy Strike for the above mentioned reason. 

Also, Battle Fantasia. I accidentally made top 50 fastest achievers and didn't even try. There's nothing difficult about that plat at all. Moreso if you're good at rhythm games since the only challenge requires decent rhythm. 

Fantasy strike is a pretty difficult game if you don't have a second console or a friend to do the exploit for survival, you will have to survive 115 fighters in 4 different stages without dying

21 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Hmm, I knew a fair few but a lot of them have already been covered so... let's see...

I Am Bread & Surgeon Simulator can be, even without the exploits and cheeses.

Lumo which is another mostly forgotten PS+ title

Fantasy Strike, this one's known as a bit of a meme on a competitor site because of its frequent use during a competition for easy quick score.

Flame Over yet another PS+ one here, short roguelike as a firefighter and the rarest stuff is basically speedruns. 

Starwhal, but, mindnumbing grind (even if it's 'short' most of it will be grind)

Magicka 2, maybe? I don't know how time estimate really looks on that. There's a couple grinds but also some fast methods. I'd say under 25 and I do hear people say about 20 but I see estimates in the 30 region so...

Vanquish (PS3), going back a bunch, this also had PS+ inflation. It's a short game with a few challenge mode levels in the post-game.

Doom & Doom 2 IIRC it's just the nightmare difficulty run that's a hurdle so this should be short.

Hyper Light Drifter, I think, I played it and don't remember all that much because I found the game forgettable but don't recall that being long. It would take a while to grind out deaths though.

That's a good thing IMO, I'd be the type of person who'd rather have less than have inflated easy ones xD Although, truth is that a lot of the quick/easy ones are that way because they either sold decently enough/were on PS+ but people didn't take to them so even if a few people decided to bank quick rare trophies from them it's unlikely they'll stop being that rare from that. You'd need a huge wave of completions.

Fantasy strike is rated at 9/10 if you don't utilize the friend exploit, and even so it's still difficult to survive 115 Fighters without dying with one life, but I do agreed on Magicka 2, well over 30+ UR trophies, even the main campaign on the highest difficulty was a cake walk for me in solo, the only difficult trophy would be the triad and challenges on bananas difficulty, you would need atleast 2-3 players to help out.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Smashero said:

Psssst! Stop sharing those! Soon they will not be UR anymore if you will spread the info!!

:D.

Haha, sometimes I wonder those easy UR platinums without an guide becomes much less rare after a guide is published? I have the same dilemma as you and always checked on each of my UR platinums to see if their percentage has drastically increase or not, those games who has low player counts like 10k or less are the usually the one in danger of being very rare soon

• Like 1

Anyway, secret ponchos is pretty easy with a 2/10 difficulty and 20-25hrs completion time, the server are pretty dead so you will need a second console and will most certainly match up with ur alternate account easily , it's has 2 different stacks (NA and EU) so you can get urself some easy 20+ UR trophies with no effort