Huge Influx of Wrongful Flags Being Approved

8 hours ago, MMDE said:

*snip*

Oh no, I completely agree with you. I don't think the fact you guys can both flag and approve a flag is bad. I was more so just trying to have a discussion with the person I was replying to. Having another team on top of you guys does seem quite useless.

In my opinion, you guys do a good job and it's no surprise that you can get things wrong, but that's what the disputes are for and usually they're quite useful and an interesting read unless you have a few of the "bro you're just jealous/my cousin's hamster did this on my profile/it just glitched" etc.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2023 at 8:23 AM, MMDE said:

You were flagged for requesting help of cheater in GTA5, as far as I can see. ?

Nope, that's what yall accused me of. I explained in great detail what happened in yalls public shaming that was "supposed" to be a dispute. I just refused to hide a game I spent almost 200hrs on to complete because Rockstar allowed its servers to be plagued by hackers, but somehow that was my fought in yalls eyes. So I made peace with not being on the leaderboards since they are just infested with accounts paying for platinums anyways. ?‍♂️

Edited by CB7Tuner91
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Nope, that's what yall excused me of. I explained in great detail what happened in yalls public shaming that was "supposed" to be a dispute. I just refused to hide a game I spent almost 200hrs on to complete because Rockstar allowed its servers to be plagued by hackers, but somehow that was my fought in yalls eyes. So I made peace with not being on the leaderboards since they are just infested with accounts paying for platinums anyways. ?‍♂️

While I disagree with flags for games like GTA and Blops 2 because of hackers, it's the rules. They don't want illegitimate trophies on the leaderboard even if it's not your fault. I, again, disagree, but it's the rules. I vaguely remember your dispute.

I'm more interested with your statement that the leaderboards are infested with paid platinum. Please provide proof of that claim. Better yet, flag those individuals so it can be dealt with.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jacob Faulk-King said:

While I disagree with flags for games like GTA and Blops 2 because of hackers, it's the rules. They don't want illegitimate trophies on the leaderboard even if it's not your fault. I, again, disagree, but it's the rules. I vaguely remember your dispute.

I'm more interested with your statement that the leaderboards are infested with paid platinum. Please provide proof of that claim. Better yet, flag those individuals so it can be dealt with.

Oh there is a dark side to trophies… all you need to do is google it, I won’t post any links but just google “Buy playstation trophies” and get back to me.

**Disclaimer** I do NOT encourage anyone to use this service as it is likely they use CFW to unlock trophies which is against the rules of the site and is likely to lead you to the removal of the leaderboards..

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

Oh there is a dark side to trophies… all you need to do is google it, I won’t post any links but just google “Buy playstation trophies” and get back to me.

I know there's "services" out there for trophies, but I always questioned whether people actually paid for trophies. My point is that he said the leaderboards were "infested", so I just want him to point out his proof. I don't consider listings for services as proof that people actually bought it and we don't even know how prevalent it is. I'm sure some people pay for it, but to call the leaderboards infested?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jacob Faulk-King said:

I know there's "services" out there for trophies, but I always questioned whether people actually paid for trophies. My point is that he said the leaderboards were "infested", so I just want him to point out his proof. I don't consider listings for services as proof that people actually bought it and we don't even know how prevalent it is. I'm sure some people pay for it, but to call the leaderboards infested?

There won’t be an accurate number but the people who use these “services” are 99% likely to use tools to pop the trophies which CRT can see with their custom tools available.

I don’t think it’s “infested” but it is something to look out for.

Also the services do require payment so there are people who part money and gain money..

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jacob Faulk-King said:

but to call the leaderboards infested?

They are, you would be surprised how many pay for trophies. I've been asked multiple times now, I've never said yes though, f**k that. 

It's infested with cheaters more though. And there's 1000s of accounts made just to make trophies more rare. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

They are, you would be surprised how many pay for trophies. I've been asked multiple times now, I've never said yes though, f**k that. 

It's infested with cheaters more though. And there's 1000s of accounts made just to make trophies more rare. 

Milkchoco was delisted. Someone made 3 accounts with the ID along the lines of “byebye-milkchoco”. First I’ve seen that happening and it was hilarious.

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US
Thanks timpurnat for the title reminder
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jacob Faulk-King said:

I get that it's rules, but these rules were in place before being able to pay for a platinum by tapping X for 3 mins. The line of cheating per the rules are now blurred. They need to be reevaluated. Same as the things that keep you flagged if it's clearly something out of your control where it's on the developer for not controlling there servers. But they probably will never change so...?‍♂️

1 minute ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

There was a game delisted that I don’t remember the name of. It was in the “Server Shutdowns and Delisting” thread. Someone made 3 accounts with the ID along the lines of “goodbye-gametitle” “game-goodbye-title” “titlegame-goodbye” First I’ve seen that happening and it was hilarious

It was milkchoco

I still wonder why they did that xD

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

I get that it's rules, but these rules were in place before being able to pay for a platinum by tapping X for 3 mins. The line of cheating per the rules are now blurred. They need to be reevaluated. Same as the things that keep you flagged if it's clearly something out of your control where it's on the developer for not controlling there servers. But they probably will never change so...?‍♂️

Yea imo the flagged because of a hacker is very unfair. Of course their will be accounts that have purposely done it, but there will be many that haven't. These games should not be permanently flagged but once flagged asked to be hidden and the flag removed.

Or better yet a new type of flag so they can keep track. Like a white flag. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yea imo the flagged because of a hacker is very unfair. Of course their will be accounts that have purposely done it, but there will be many that haven't. These games should not be permanently flagged but once flagged asked to be hidden and the flag removed.

Or better yet a new type of flag so they can keep track. Like a white flag. 

There was talk of a 'White list', but never got implemented.

I do think you should be allowed ONE.... repeat ONE hacked list on the common hacked lists. They DO need to hide it though. So that +1 flag will equal 0-+1. 

4 hours ago, Jacob Faulk-King said:

I'm more interested with your statement that the leaderboards are infested with paid platinum.

It seems you’ve been answered already but I assumed he meant to refer to the shovelware platinums. I have yet to triangulate roughly where, or by what margin, on the worldwide leaderboard is the “line,” where to far surpass that rank range, one might resort to shovelware.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2023 at 11:15 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

Does CRT just approve every single flag that comes through or what? Do they even read the flag reasons half the time? Do they even browse through the lists of the person being flagged before approving? I genuinely want to know bc I feel like it’s gotten so out of hand over the last year. 

I just saw someone get approved for a flag for their stacks of BioShock PS4, and it swiftly got closed when they didn’t even get a chance to dispute their case. Someone was flagged for the EXACT SAME THING and their flag was lifted, yet CRT just magically forgets about this I suppose and thinks this new person is a cheat. It is known just by looking at the game’s forums that BioShock PS4 has cross saves between the different versions. 

Another person has a flag approved for one of their stacks of Friday the 13th. Honestly, are some of the members of CRT drunk when they’re approving shit? Baseless flag reasons being approved is infuriating to witness and is a waste of time on everyone’s end.

Ahaha mannnnnn these CRTs are a joke. People flag others and they just approve it with no proof behind their statements. (it's a hard game. I ApPrOvE that flag because I can't do it.)  There's no logic in this realistically, if you have any sense of "cheating" then you would use your brain and know "Boosting sessions" shit on Legit gamers who earn trophies the hard way. That's considered cheating in the real world I don't care if you like online trophies or not it's just the truth. If I can post a picture I would of people game sharing game save files and easily beating Sniper Elite 5 in less than 5 mins on this site. (Search the boosting sessions and see for yourself) Crazy, they're allowing this which should be foul, anyone who uses this work around should be flagged off the leaderboards. Whoever disagrees is the problem... But yet they act blind to the real problem and flag people who get a trophy that they can't control in a hacked lobby Lol. These pay to platinum trophies/platinum's make leaderboards useless/not even worth caring about since gamers with hard games get overthrown by 1/2-minute platinum's it's ridiculous. If you want to create a real leader board system, make it with games that are worth playing not garbage people are paying to move up in rank. I know gamers in the top 10 that cheat/have gamers play for them to stay up top, but they don't investigate that... 

Edited by Jealously kills
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Jealously kills said:

Ahaha mannnnnn these CRTs are a joke. People flag others and they just approve it with no proof behind their statements. (it's a hard game. I ApPrOvE that flag because I can't do it.)  There's no logic in this realistically, if you have any sense of "cheating" then you would use your brain and know "Boosting sessions" shit on Legit gamers who earn trophies the hard way. That's considered cheating in the real world I don't care if you like online trophies or not it's just the truth. If I can post a picture I would of people game sharing game save files and easily beating Sniper Elite 5 in less than 5 mins on this site. (Search the boosting sessions and see for yourself) Crazy, they're allowing this which should be foul, anyone who uses this work around should be flagged off the leaderboards. Whoever disagrees is the problem... But yet they act blind to the real problem and flag people who get a trophy that they can't control in a hacked lobby Lol. These pay to platinum trophies/platinum's make leaderboards useless/not even worth caring about since gamers with hard games get overthrown by 1/2-minute platinum's it's ridiculous. If you want to create a real leader board system, make it with games that are worth playing not garbage people are paying to move up in rank. I know gamers in the top 10 that cheat/have gamers play for them to stay up top, but they don't investigate that... 

If you believe someone has cheated, then drop a flag. It won’t be investigated unless someone does so or the cheating is blatantly obvious.

So far as approval of flags based off their subjective opinions on difficulty… I’m not seeing much of that. I follow the flagged game disputes forum, and generally what I see is people with excuses thinner than the tissue paper they keep on their bedside table or the same piles of lies paired with obviously impossible timestamps, not “trophy is sus because it’s hard.”

If you want to post a picture, you can do that. Just pop on over to postimages.org, upload, copy direct link, done. You can even paste that link into a flag form, if that’s to your liking and you find it relevant.

Your own opinions of what is and isn’t cheating, while perfectly valid, aren’t going to move the needle. The site has posted clear rules for what is and is not acceptable according to this site.

So far as the 30 second platinums ruining the leaderboards, I’ve said it before and I will say it again. I’m willing to bet you could nuke all of them from the site, and the majority of the top rankings and lowest rankings aren’t going to change significantly. The middle ground might shift slightly. Further, making a board with “games that are worth playing” is incredibly subjective, open to interpretation and abuse, and practically invites a rocket sled ride down the slippery slope when the first wave of removals doesn’t create the ranking shake up people think it should… and the merry-go-round arguments over rarity, minimum achievers, dynamic scoring and what does or does not “count” have been going on for ages with no clear consensus other than “if I don’t like something, it shouldn’t count.”

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ashande said:

If you believe someone has cheated, then drop a flag. It won’t be investigated unless someone does so or the cheating is blatantly obvious.

So far as approval of flags based off their subjective opinions on difficulty… I’m not seeing much of that. I follow the flagged game disputes forum, and generally what I see is people with excuses thinner than the tissue paper they keep on their bedside table or the same piles of lies paired with obviously impossible timestamps, not “trophy is sus because it’s hard.”

If you want to post a picture, you can do that. Just pop on over to postimages.org, upload, copy direct link, done. You can even paste that link into a flag form, if that’s to your liking and you find it relevant.

Your own opinions of what is and isn’t cheating, while perfectly valid, aren’t going to move the needle. The site has posted clear rules for what is and is not acceptable according to this site.

So far as the 30 second platinums ruining the leaderboards, I’ve said it before and I will say it again. I’m willing to bet you could nuke all of them from the site, and the majority of the top rankings and lowest rankings aren’t going to change significantly. The middle ground might shift slightly. Further, making a board with “games that are worth playing” is incredibly subjective, open to interpretation and abuse, and practically invites a rocket sled ride down the slippery slope when the first wave of removals doesn’t create the ranking shake up people think it should… and the merry-go-round arguments over rarity, minimum achievers, dynamic scoring and what does or does not “count” have been going on for ages with no clear consensus other than “if I don’t like something, it shouldn’t count.”

I just think leaderboards don't matter anymore if you can pay your way to the top. They used to be fun to collect because you had to earn your keep in the hunting community, but now Trophy hunting became "Paid trophies earned." Honestly, PS3 days were the best days because trophies were a true competition, also hard to earn. Now, they don't mean anything since they're boosted and earned the wrong way. Pressing "X" for a platinum is sad. $1 games to be a part of the top ten in the world shits on trophy hunting. My opinion but most will disagree but it's fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jealously kills said:

I just think leaderboards don't matter anymore if you can pay your way to the top. They used to be fun to collect because you had to earn your keep in the hunting community, but now Trophy hunting became "Paid trophies earned." Honestly, PS3 days were the best days because trophies were a true competition, also hard to earn. Now, they don't mean anything since they're boosted and earned the wrong way. Pressing "X" for a platinum is sad. $1 games to be a part of the top ten in the world shits on trophy hunting. My opinion but most will disagree but it's fine. 

It was always about money anyway. Hakoom has like 700 platinums in PS3. That means he not only had the money, but the time to complete those games in a matter of 7 years, and considering they were harder and longer than modern games. You can be really good in something but you not always have the money and time to acomplish that.

Edit: I agree that there could be more people in the CRT, since they are helping the community for free. Maybe it would be helpful to have 10 people doing less than 4 doing a lot. 

Vote me as the new CRT Member!

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

It was always about money anyway. Hakoom has like 700 platinums in PS3. That means he not only had the money, but the time to complete those games in a matter of 7 years, and considering they were harder and longer than modern games. You can be really good in something but you not always have the money and time to acomplish that.

Edit: I agree that there could be more people in the CRT, since they are helping the community for free. Maybe it would be helpful to have 10 people doing less than 4 doing a lot. Vote me as the new CRT member.

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

Ahahah was me at one point trying to keep up in rank till I realized it's not worth it anymore. Easier games kept coming and top dogs kept gaining them. No shame here a little regret but doesn't matter now. 8 thousand platinum's, no way an average gamer with a Life can keep up with that.

5 hours ago, Jealously kills said:

What a way to revive a thread. Regardless, I have to say that I agree with some of the things you said. Some. The definition of cheating is extremely blurred to the point that it doesn't even matter anymore.

There are many inconsistencies even in this site as to what is cheating and as to which games will be flagged. Downloading a save file, as I did 14 years ago, is considered cheating, autopopping a game by transferring a save file to your PS4/PS5 is allowed. You could argue the save file is yours, but you could do the same about the old save files for those PS3 games from another account you had (Fuel, Socom etc.). Or you could do co-op in LEGO Harry Potter with a person that has completed the game, transferred their save file in their account on your PS4 and autopop the entire game in like 90 minutes. Mind that it is LOCAL co-op, so a save file transfer must be done on your PS4. But technically it doesn't go to your own account, so it is somehow ok.

Accidentally entering a hacked lobby in e.g. Black Ops 2, results in getting flagged with no hope for it. But people willingly went in Deep Stranded servers when you could autopop the entire game without playing the game and you are golden. The latter is not flagged because "developer bug", so it is somehow ok. I understand the difference in the logic, I just can't accept it.

In Subnautica you can use the command console and unlock the whole trophy list at once. Use a console command in other games and you get flagged because it can be considered CFW (I saw this in a recent dispute thread, but I can't find it for reference sorry).

Boosting online trophies can be considered cheating by some. Not by me, but the accusation is there, so I'll include it. In Nier Automata you can buy the entire trophy list from an in-game shop. Is it cheating or is it not because it is allowed from the game? Gray area for me, green from the site.

Some of the reasons why certain games are flagged are also beyond ridiculous. I had a few people from this site (I will not share the names publicly because they asked me not to when they shared this to avoid drama) and one of them told me that the CRT team warned them not to do the Crypt of the Necrodancer platinum offline. Why? Because the plat achievers are extremely elitist and they will THINK it is cheating if a successful run by some hard characters is not registered in the in-game leaderboard. So they will keep spamming with flag reports for this game to the point that the CRT cannot do anything about it and just flag anyone that does the game offline. Crazy that pure pressure and not cheating can lead to a flag.

At the same time certain well-known cheaters are still in the leaderboard, so reasons like account sharing and teaming (multiple people playing at the same time in the same account) is not flaggable. I have no beef with them, but you can see a well-known one in the top 20 of the leaderboard right now, they have admitted to it in the past. And no, I won't report them because I don't mind, just pointing it out. But take note that it is something not allowed by Sony themselves (account sharing), but it is somehow ok here.

But if you do not care as you say, then just ignore it as have I. I made peace with it. Leaderboards are, as you said, meaningless with the crazy influx of shovelware, autopops, boosted trophies and some very ambiguous cases. Just let it go or use other trophy tracking websites. But I can agree that the policy behind some of the flags is outright bad.

• Like 2

With these scenarios, of auto pops in hacked lobbies , if CRT can determine they were not popped via external hardware or software by the user, they should be advised to hide this and no flag on the account , that said I suspect is that they are told to hide it , who’s to say later on they will add it back onto their account.

There has to be a question of accountability on both sides here.

Perhaps CRT can put a feedback page up on this specific issue and raise with Sly if any changes are needed to be implemented.