Huge Influx of Wrongful Flags Being Approved

1 minute ago, JCP3953 said:

The game is on sale rn, I just bought it for 2$ 

so still no proof and still going with the sob story, I’m no longer gona reply to you since it’s just derailing the thread 

ps maybe take your own advice 

This was the most solid thing you said! Just bought it ahah grind is on Babyyy once I prove myself, I will love an apology from you and the CTR!! Sound fair? 

46 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

It's really not complicated or unreasonable on what's considered cheating.

• If 3rd party tools are used to alter save files, an in-game environment, or the Playstation OS, it's cheating.
  • Using "official" functions to manipulate timestamp's earned dates (basically trophy deletion and/or not syncing.)

That's really all there is to it.

@Jealously kills you used outside tools (CFW) to earn trophies, or mimicked their usage. It has nothing to do with anyone's skill level. Please don't spread rumors. Just for clarification, I can tell your account has used CFW (or mimicked it) to unlock trophies. I don't care about an individual game (SMB) since that's an automatic leaderboard ban.

---

@ZOLANTON There's no inconsistencies. Anything able to be done in-game is fair game. Gamers shouldn't be penalized because of how a game is programmed (glitches / debug menus / etc). All of your examples break those rules or they don't. The end result may be similar, but there's no inconsistencies. Even you say you seem to understand the logic. Also, that Crypt of the Necromancer assertion is pure fiction.

If there's known cheaters on the leaderboard, then either report them or don't bring it up. That's a failure on your part.

---

@ELCHURROGRANDE99 I'll lift those Minecraft flags. Personally, I try not to deal with flags that aren't my own, for reasons.

@RetroFeniks All CFW flaggings are shared with Sly on request, and he knows how we detect it. Having multiple staff prevents "grudge flagging".

@skazzzz4 If you'd like us to re-review your case, DM one of us. I don't know the game that well, but if you truly complete it in ~15 minutes, your best course of action is to recreate that feat on video, or at least explain how so others can try. 15 minutes of effort isn't asking much.

Edit : For all the people complaining about flags for things like Black Ops II, that's why there's a 3 strike system. A white list removing those points would accomplish the same thing. If someone happens to have 3 of these types of flags, I'd show leniency but make them hide them regardless. And if a true white list system does ever happen then I'd advocate a 1 strike system.

CFW? Please give me more information on this. Because you're assuming I used something. Truthfully, I don't even know what those three letters stand for nor mean nor how is this whatever you say is used. Now, when you looked at my account you stated games. Would love to know exactly what games they were. Like I said before I just bought this game yet again today (SMB), I will finish it/record it live if needed. If I have to reopen my twitch account, I surely will just prove what you're claiming to be is a false statement. Like I said I will like my apology for wrongly disrespecting me once I do my part. Please send me a DM of these games you so called I cheated on. Also, no rumors were started its all truth like it or not. Without boost sessions most gamers wouldn't get 100% on certain games. That's a fact...

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

And if a true white list system does ever happen then I'd advocate a 1 strike system.

If a very limited and strict white list system was in place for the few games like BO2, GTAV etc, that also had a no nonsense 1 strike ban for everything else, I'd be in support of that as I'm sure most would be.

If the 3 strikes are there for users because of the games that are worth white listing, then no leniency should be shown for actual cheaters in other games. No more 'hide the game and you'll be allowed back'. That would also remove the stigma of the blue 'H' being seen as a negative in many eyes.

I don't really know why you all are still spending your time with "Jealously Kills" user. He was properly flagged in Super Meat Boy, all his postings in his dispute thread and also here show that he knows Jack-shit about it. He always claimed that 'timestamps' match, never ever he mentioned how he was be able to beat the game very fast, what he has actually done in game, what parts were the hardest, what parts he had most experience with and so on, you know, the actual stuff most people would remember when recalling their experience with Super Meat Boy platinum, especially when his completion time rivals many KNOWN experienced completion's times. But, oh I forgot, he is an experienced player...yet can't provide the account he did it previously when asked about it a bunch of times. But he can provide the super important in-game completion percentage (which means practically nothing to the platinum).

Finally, he still claiming he doesn know what even CFW means...please, stop the act, anyone who's accused of something would look up what that accusation means, you're not fooling anyone with your "innocent" act.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Also, that Crypt of the Necromancer assertion is pure fiction

Deny it all you like it in public, you or the one(s) from the CRT team (current or previous member) that said this about the Necrodancer game know it's true. I still have the messages from these accusations and that person is well-respected in the site.

If there's known cheaters on the leaderboard, then either report them or don't bring it up. That's a failure on your part.

Why not bring it up? They are there and you know it. I don't see how that is a failure on my part, rather it is a failure of you and the CRT team that allow account sharing, while it is not allowed by Sony. And I won't report them not because they are not there, but because I do not care if the leaderboards have cheaters or not, they are pointless to me. But I can and I will bring this up, because last time I checked it is not forbidden to do so and because it is relevant to the thread's overall topic; how the current flag system doesn't work because it's inconsistent.

There's no inconsistencies.

There are. The LEGO Harry Potter case is a prime example. You can play with technicalities all you want, it is still inconsistent as a save file is used in both cases. Agree to disagree if you don't want to change it and let's move on.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, B1rvine said:

There's no inconsistencies. Anything able to be done in-game is fair game. Gamers shouldn't be penalized because of how a game is programmed (glitches / debug menus / etc). All of your examples break those rules or they don't. The end result may be similar, but there's no inconsistencies. Even you say you seem to understand the logic. Also, that Crypt of the Necromancer assertion is pure fiction.

There may not be inconsistencies in the rules by what you & others may view, but there is 100% inconsistencies in HOW the rules are enforced. I'll take a prime example of when I reported a user for the Run like the Wind trophy for GTA 5 on PS3, as well as their levels being autopopped, with even a written confession that it was indeed unlocked by a hacker. I contacted MMDE about it, & he told me in so many words that he's not going to flag he because "it wasn't his fault"/"Wasn't intentional". I then contact you about it & you AGREED that it should be flagged, so you flagged it but MMDE goes out of his way to unflag it. That game has since now been flagged, but the fact that was even an interaction that can happen begs the question how the entire CRT functions when it comes to flagging. Are they picking on choosing what to flag? Are they playing favorites since this person was a somewhat known figure on the forums? What else happens behind the scenes that we don't know about that fall into that same sphere?

To deny there are inconsistencies overall is just untruthful

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

[Necrodancer game]

I'm saying it in public because it's crap, and so it's known officially nobody will get flagged for playing a game offline. That's not a valid flag reason and not something we flag for (unless online is req'd). With that said, I've been told there's an online component related to some of the trophies for the game so at least part of it must be played online. I don't know the game well so I could be wrong here. 

Why not bring it up? They are there and you know it. I don't see how that is a failure on my part.

Don't be dense. You're reporting a cheater without providing specifics which is unhelpful and gives us no path to investigating them. So yes, it's on you for not giving us a realistic starting point. While I can guess a few names it might be, there's still finding the game in question, with thousands to look at. Don't waste our time. Give specifics. And don't pretend we're doing nothing because we don't act on "hey there's a cheater but I'm not giving you any info!)

If their ONLY offense is "teaming" then that's not cheating. There's no real way to enforce that either. While sharing account credentials is against Sony's TOS, someone else using their system is not. A casual-ish player, their spouse, and kid could be doing a game night together in the same house etc. That's okay. There's no way to prove beyond all doubt that they're account sharing vs just having multiple consoles with friends / family.

There are [inconsistencies]. 

The rules prohibit manipulation of system(s), game(s), save data, and trophies, by use of 3rd party tools (and two specific Sony OS functions.) It really is THAT simple.

The rules listed examples simply try to idiot-proof them further, as by doing any of those things, you're automatically breaking them. Converting your own save data from/to PS4/PS5 by Sony's in system functions is fine since it isn't manipulating anything. Using someone else's progress because a game has co-op is fine, since their's no 3rd party tampering. Using an in-game cloud function or debug menu is fine as well. There's no manipulation occurring their either. So yes, it's very consistent.

*There's a few exceptions but they're all laid out clearly and extremely detailed.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I'm saying it in public because it's crap, and so it's known officially nobody will get flagged for playing a game offline. That's not a valid flag reason and not something we flag for (unless online is req'd). With that said, I've been told there's an online component related to some of the trophies for the game so at least part of it must be played online. I don't know the game well so I could be wrong here.

That's great! With this said perhaps you can now answer the reason why some people were flagged (and had the report approved by a CRT member) for Crypt of the Necrodancer for no apparent reason:

Here the user was reported and a flag was approved. You lifted it, but did not answer why a CRT member has approved the flag. Let's see another one

For this the reason given was: "Reason given by reporter: (Too Fast) This game is very hard actually, and it take at least 900 hours and even more. But this guy manage to get it in 4 months?! Hes using cheats or something im pretty sure of it." Why did the CRT team approve it?

This is even funnier. CRT said that the person self-reported (??) himself this game. Even if it is true, why did the CRT approve the flag? No matter how you look it, the accusation of simply flagging this game because of pure pressure is supported and the reasons definitely vary. Does every CRT member have their own "rulebook"? @ObsiEez made a fine point as well for another case and you did not answer that.

Don't waste our time. Give specifics.

Since that's how you want to play. Bro, if you see this, there's nothing personal, you are just an example. I'm talking about Hakoom and I am sure I can find more. There are many sources where he was removed in the past for cheating. The reddit thread below mentions that he was reported for Bioshock JP version and the report was approved, followed by being succesfully removed. He has not hidden this game from his profile, but he is still in the leaderboard.

Now this begs the question, even if the trophies were not hacked for this game, why was he initially removed as a cheater and is now back? Do you guys follow a "guilty until proven otherwise" rule or are some things regarding this played behind the scenes?

What is also funny is a comment in the very same thread from someone mentioning:

"Nevertheless I feel the incompetence and bias of the mods on that site will make him come back." Turns out he was right about him coming back.

Using someone else's progress because a game has co-op is fine, since their's no 3rd party tampering.

This is beyond ridiculous and you are contradicting the rules you have made. You are saying anyone can download a save file from another user and use it just because there's co-op in the game. Let's have a look at the CRT rules that you say are totally consistent.

"Using any “external save file” other than your own. This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Usage of save files (including unencrypted ones) downloaded from the internet.
  • Usage of save files given to you by friends, relatives, PSN users, or anyone else. (LITERALLY the LEGO Harry Potter case. There is NOWHERE a mention of co-op allowing to download a save file from a friend or another user.)
  • Transferring local save files from different user profiles from your PlayStation. (AKA Profile Swapping)"

Talking about contradicting yourself with the rules the CRT team has set, let's also look at what you said:

If their ONLY offense is "teaming" then that's not cheating.

Let's see what the CRT rules say under Flaggable Offenses:

Using multiple PlayStations to simultaneously play a single [one] game title, at the same time, on the same PSN account. This includes:

• One person launching the same game on multiple PlayStations and earning trophies in an impossible manner, if compared to a single console.
  • Multiple people “teaming” together at the same time on a specific game title, all under one account, if compared to a single person.
Edited by ZOLANTON
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m pretty sure the reason hakoom got the flag removed because it was possible to get his time stamps if you started the dlc before the main game, 

“Teaming”is quite clear in the rules, you can’t team up on a single game on multiple consoles at the same time IE infamous playing good on one console and bad on another at the same time is not allowed but playing 2 diff games at the same time is allowed

im sure when @B1rvinesaid you can use another’s progress by doing coop he means games like borderlands where you can join someone’s game and have trophies pop out of order compared to if you played solo 

Edited by JCP3953
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey look guys! I became an example!!!

Edit: Flag has been lifted pretty quickly already & the dispute was deleted, so I do appreciate the quick response time from MMDE on this matter. Though I do really want to know what happened over the last 2 days where so many of these flags made it through honestly.

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

When I saw the disputes from DividedByMankind, SnowNinjaRacoon and CabDK on the first page I rolled my eyes. 

Seems somebody has a vendetta and is on the warpath. I stand by my opinion that repeat false flaggers should be named, shamed and their future reports disallowed.

As someone who is also currently waiting on a false flag to be lifted, I second this

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I would go as far as to say repeat false flaggers should be banned from the leaderboards too. It works both ways. If they don't like how it's not fair, well think about things before you do them.

On top of that I still wait for a reply to find out why these false reports get accepted and games are flagged for no reason in the first place. I can false report as much as I want to, but this is all meaningless if a report doesn't go through and a game gets wrongly flagged in the first place.

What about me?!?!! I was flagged for being the ultimate trophy hunter. I'm banned for "store exploitation" when there are multiple people playing game stacks. This was targeted and a grudge removal because of my meteoric rise and eventual number 1 spot on the leaderboard.

CRT TEAM IS CORRUPT!! DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!! HUZZAHHH!!!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I have a feeling somehow the CRT must have pressed the equivalent of an "Accept All" button for disputes and probably just accepted a bunch of flags without actually looking into any of them. Whether or not this was purposeful on their end, who knows.

But it would be nice for a bit of transparency on the matter. Even if it was a mistake to have all these flags, if someone responded and admitted what happened I'd be more inclined to forgive them and move onwards from whatever is going on right now!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I have a feeling somehow the CRT must have pressed the equivalent of an "Accept All" button for disputes and probably just accepted a bunch of flags without actually looking into any of them. Whether or not this was purposeful on their end, who knows.

But it would be nice for a bit of transparency on the matter. Even if it was a mistake to have all these flags, if someone responded and admitted what happened I'd be more inclined to forgive them and move onwards from whatever is going on right now!

This is basically the case from what I gather, basically CRT keeps ones in the queue for a while that aren’t certain or they want to take extra care to determine the answer to, and yeah I think someone made an oopsie with those particular ones lol

They’re able to easily go back and change them though, but uhh yeah I can tell it was annoying for them

• Like 2