Huge Influx of Wrongful Flags Being Approved

2 hours ago, SaiyanSenshi said:

If what you’re saying is true. They should look into this way better. Getting flagged for something u didn’t even Cheat should be Every trophy hunters nightmare…. 

It literally happened to me before. I got flagged for BioShock 2 PS3 in the past with a flag reason along the lines of “you can’t complete the game that fast.” No other information given. They really approve just about anything.

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up

17 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Not really a surprise that mistakes happen when it's 4 volunteers having to deal with 1000's of reports

The first step to having less mistakes is for them to stop approving flags with shitty flag reasons attached to them. Kinda wild when half of the disputes I’m reading end with “Lifted.” I also don’t think it’s a mistake for a dispute to be prematurely closed, giving the person flagged no chance to dispute their case. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

and it swiftly got closed when they didn’t even get a chance to dispute their case.

37 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

don’t think it’s a mistake for a dispute to be prematurely closed

I haven't been around to check the disputes for the past couple days, but if it's closed immediately upon the dispute being created before anyone gets a chance to post in either favor, I think maybe some benefit of the doubt. IIRC, some time back there was talk of mods (not CRT) hinting at the possibility of closing threads as they popped up until there was a chance for the team to investigate without giving the community free reign to hop in and potentially derail the situation as some are wont to do. I don't believe it's done nefariously, but do admit I don't see it being consistently handled, either.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sikutai said:

So far, every false flag has always been lifted again. I see no problem here. 

The CRT team does a very good job, which, by the way, takes up a lot of their free time.

You clearly don't understand how bioshock ps4 works then, if you see no problem here.

• Like 2

I'm still waiting for my flags to be removed after 6 weeks, after speaking to the CRT via Discord after they locked the dispute here and submitting further evidence against the erroneous flags.

I understand that they may have a backlog, but 6 weeks for a simple answer is taking the proverbial urine.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Is there a reason there are only 4 volunteers?

I’m sure after so many years together, they don’t want to change their dynamic. Plus, they already have so many CRT wannabes working for them for free, so they probably don’t feel the the need to add to their team. I honestly would love to see more levelheaded people get introduced to the CRT, but it will never happen I’d imagine. If they do ever consider it, I pray that they don’t add any of the people who wedge themselves into every single dispute. That would be the worst idea ever. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Riiszk said:

I had a flag get approved (must have had a 3 second look at the report) because I was 'too fast' when intentionally speedrunning a game and avoiding trophies as long as possible. Granted it got taken away fairly easily, but it's real shit to be guilty until proven innocent. Going out of my way and wasting my own time being forced to prove myself feels like I'm taken into a police station, showing my 100% clean record and then them saying okay fine we won't arrest you, you're free to go. Okay, yeah thanks for this experience.

It really shouldn't matter that it's volunteer work. Don't approve shit if you spend 2 seconds looking at a report OR if you don't know much about the game and what the report is about, find out or let another CRT member deal with it. Happens far too often.

Yep. I dealt with that, twice. To be fair at that point, grimy was the only CRT member and he got them removed for me, but they still shouldn't have been approved in the first place.

15 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I’m sure after so many years together, they don’t want to change their dynamic. Plus, they already have so many CRT wannabes working for them for free, so they probably don’t feel the the need to add to their team. I honestly would love to see more levelheaded people get introduced to the CRT, but it will never happen I’d imagine. If they do ever consider it, I pray that they don’t add any of the people who wedge themselves into every single dispute. That would be the worst idea ever. 

I'd do it tbh xD

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Unless you just hoard just three min platinums (Like most of the leaderboards) you will get flagged by this site eventually. I eventually just made peace with it. The leaderboards are a joke anyways. 

Its so stad the leaderboards are such a Joke… back in the day i always wanted to Get higher and higher, but now with thousands of easy platinums. Its not even possible to get hight anymore.. It makes me sad ?

• Like 2

Yeah, I've noticed this lately. I can't help but feel that there is a degree of malice behind some of the incorrect flags. That Friday 13th one you refer to felt very targeted and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a degree of sexism/misogyny behind it because the account in question belonged to a woman.

I think that people who repeatedly flag incorrectly should be named and shamed or get some form of small punishment. I also think, as has been suggested above, that the CRT member should do more research or consult other CRT members if it's a game they're not familiar with before approving anything.

Makes me reluctant to take advantage of cross platform saves (xbox to playstation) or autopops just in case some numpty flags it.

• Confused 2

That could be very annoying to be wrongly flagged, but look at the figures: 102.000 profiles have been flagged. 4200 have opened a dispute (and most of the flags have been confirmed at dispute closure). So the overwhelming majority are correct.

So yeah, this is not perfect, and could be improved with more manpower (and more games knowledge), ...but overall, it is not that bad, considering the small setup in place to run it. 

Also, when the CRT team approve a flag, they cannot modify the wording, if it is poorly written.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SaiyanSenshi said:

Its so stad the leaderboards are such a Joke… back in the day i always wanted to Get higher and higher, but now with thousands of easy platinums. Its not even possible to get hight anymore.. It makes me sad ?

Very Stad indeed….

4 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

You guys have my vote. The more the merrier. 

I don't know why they don't break up these flags by genre and have people most knowledgeable in those genres handle those flags.

You've never been falsely accused. You have no idea how infuriating it is to know you did nothing wrong and have to argue with some bint who knows nothing about the game. I got lucky that I 1v1 Grimy in a fighting game, so he knew my skills, otherwise, it would have never been lifted.

The CRT have software which is not for distribution , though it’s unclear if they share the same software tools or each have their own, and I imagine you would need to provide proof said software wouldn’t give you an advantage in anyway and also as a person you wouldn’t be open of giving people favours…. Gaming or otherwise