Huge Influx of Wrongful Flags Being Approved

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Unpopular opinion... People sometimes forget that PSNP is not Sony affiliated, PSNP is Sly's site and it runs with the rules that he and his staff decides, they try most of the time to get a consensus with the users so that this site is user friendly and we accept it, but if they want to flag all the users whose username starts with an "A"... They can do it... You don't like it? Go to other site... It doesn't exist? Then make yourself one with your own leaderboard with your own rules that favors you like obviously someone already did... So please stop making things up like gatekeeping, vendettas against some well know obnoxious users, or how the system is flawed without redemption just because it doesnt go with your agenda... I personally would like a lot of QoL improvements that I know will never come, but whining all day about the work of the voluntary staff (CRT, mods...) is tiring...

You're telling me that if a mass flagging spree was conducted randomly on a plethora of accounts with no basis, you wouldn't care? Interesting. I'm more than certain you would if you were affected.

To bring all of that up in a forum topic about false flags in particular is quite interesting being that I don't think I've seen anyone bring up any gatekeeping, vendettas against well-known users, agendas, etc. If I somehow missed someone's comment referring to any of the topics you're going on about, then I apologize. Also, if you consider anyone's opinions here and elsewhere as "whining" and find it tiring, then I kindly and respectfully suggest that you just not comment in any of the forum topics surrounding the subject matters. It's going to be okay.

1 hour ago, Riiszk said:

I saw you recently beat my Far Cry 3 Classic time and took me off fastest. I still have my main account to try retake it 1f602.png

Not me also plotting to do a speedrun for that game. ?

17 minutes ago, POMARANCZA123PL said:

Yeah lmao. I got flagged on PlayStation All Stars for doing "too many arcade modes at one time".

I got banned from the leaderboards for being too good at the game lmao.

I didnt even do any extreme records, it took me around 15-20 minutes for one arcade mode. CRT and leaderboards here are a total joke.

If you genuinely didn't cheat and have irrefutable evidence supporting your timestamps, I'm sure you can privately message almost every member of the CRT to discuss your situation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Riiszk said:

I saw you recently beat my Far Cry 3 Classic time and took me off fastest. I still have my main account to try retake it 1f602.png

?? You could probably do it sub 13 hours is definitely possible ? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

You're telling me that if a mass flagging spree was conducted randomly on a plethora of accounts with no basis, you wouldn't care? Interesting. I'm more than certain you would if you were affected.

Yes, I would care and I would open a dispute and get my name cleared, I was false flagged once, opened a dispute and everything was fixed.

33 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

To bring all of that up in a forum topic about false flags in particular is quite interesting being that I don't think I've seen anyone bring up any gatekeeping, vendettas against well-known users, agendas, etc. If I somehow missed someone's comment referring to any of the topics you're going on about, then I apologize. Also, if you consider anyone's opinions here and elsewhere as "whining" and find it tiring, then I kindly and respectfully suggest that you just not comment in any of the forum topics surrounding the subject matters. It's going to be okay.

In first place sorry because I used your thread but my comment wasn't towards you, I even agree in the first page that being called a cheater when you havent done anything bad was not good.

Second, all the other things I said were already said here, someone wrote about gatekeeping, someone wrote about a persecution against an user and someone said that all in this site was wrong because they just doesnt agree with them... I could quote them but I don't want to get warned/banned for naming...

And the whining and tiring was about the above cases I wrote, even thought on clarify that this wasn't about the OP but forgot... That was on me. I respect your opinion.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

That was on me. I respect your opinion.

No worries at all, and I respect yours as well, don’t think I’m disregarding it. I just don’t want people’s opinions about anything related to the site be viewed as whining is all. 

Now repeat topics on the same subject matter over and over, or users being aggressive in their delivery with certain topics (I am guilty of this), that is totally and undeniably irritating, from a user standpoint and moderator standpoint. I just feel as though when specific topics do not get brought up, it can create stagnation or complacency. I find it to be healthy discussing certain things in the forums, as long as conversations remain civil, or mostly civil. ?

• Like 1

I do believe though CRT needs to increase in numbers to assist with flags quicker , may have been alright in the early days but expecting 4 to cover thousands of flags is insane and I don’t normally do this but credit to @B1rvine as he does have a lot of work outside this site but seems to deal the majority of the flags.

Just to note , only Sly can approve and implement this.

Edited by amurnin100

I'm waiting for my account to get flagged, had 5 people message me on psn, 4 asking how i got the trophy "Price of War" before most of the "complete level on veteran", Told them i didn't play on veteran for mst of it, i played on hardened until makarovs house where i lowered it again, then put it back to hardened to beat the game, returned to makarvos house on afterwards, 3 said "oh ok" while one said thats not possible, i'm reporting you.

The one that did have me a bit worried is the shovelware game "Sister". Got asked why my trophies are out of order, when i checked, they indeed were out of order, I checked other profiles and a good majority had some out of order trophies for it, so i played the game one an alt and got very similar results as i got on this account. I'm guessing the game pops trophies too fast causing them to be out of order

3 minutes ago, JCP3953 said:

I'm waiting for my account to get flagged, had 5 people message me on psn, 4 asking how i got the trophy "Price of War" before most of the "complete level on veteran", Told them i didn't play on veteran for mst of it, i played on hardened until makarovs house where i lowered it again, then put it back to hardened to beat the game, returned to makarvos house on afterwards, 3 said "oh ok" while one said thats not possible, i'm reporting you.

The one that did have me a bit worried is the shovelware game "Sister". Got asked why my trophies are out of order, when i checked, they indeed were out of order, I checked other profiles and a good majority had some out of order trophies for it, so i played the game one an alt and got very similar results as i got on this account. I'm guessing the game pops trophies too fast causing them to be out of order

If people are threatening you just report them. The out of order thing is completely normal and the CRT knows about this so don't worry about that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I have an El Gato HD60 S, but I cannot for the life of me get my capture software to pickup the output. I follow video guides to a T and still fail. Maybe I have the wrong El Gato or something, not sure.

I myself have the elgato game capture HD. Keep in mind that compared to other devices like the WiiU and even the PS4, the PS3 “doesn’t want to be recorded.” From what I’ve gathered, you’ll want to start with a HDMI splitter that is “non-HDCP compliant” (I just got a new splitter called OREI HDS-102 which should be the one). There are some hurdles like that for us to jump if you want to demonstrate your speedruns, and if I want to demonstrate this one single trophy in a game (without which I cannot post a trophy guide in earnest..every other trophy in the game is trivial).

Recording video to prove trophies (whether for time completed or order earned) when it is still possible is one thing, but what about when it isn’t anymore? @WiktorM101 is probably the only other player replicating my situation with Striker’s Edge. How would we be able to defend ourselves (or each other) if we are flagged? We will end up being the only 2 people still able to unlock the platinum after the GameSparks shutdown. Do either one of us really need to record our screens with the last 2 trophies unlocking? Or do our forum posts (pre-shutdown) suffice?

The unobtainable trophies master list spearheaded by Husky is a hugely appreciated undertaking, but it (by neither fault of his own, nor of those submitting the reports) can subject people to misunderstandings when there is no acknowledgment of grey areas (you have to hope the reporter included details besides the trophy links in his report). IMO, trophies unobtainable to an individual for reasons that are, in real life, possible to circumvent (such reverted patch for an offline game, delisted DLC, or state of your save file) warrant some kind of advisory in the same vein that their “true unobtainable” counterparts are. @EdinhoN correct me if I’m wrong, but I want to say I take inspiration from one of your posts/threads, as at one point (before this was seemingly edited out) one of them said that a game such as WKC “belongs on this [shutdown/unobtainable] list” if it is adversely affected by a shutdown, yet still obtainable by at least some people. I’m not expecting ? Casting Director (Striker’s Edge [PS4]),? Honor Upheld (Little Deviants [VITA]), or any delisted DLCs to get some super special purple highlight just on account of my own raging at the heavens, but I sincerely believe the level of transparency that the master list was aiming for has an even loftier goal it can still realistically reach.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

If people are threatening you just report them. The out of order thing is completely normal and the CRT knows about this so don't worry about that. 

I'm not getting threatened, maybe i worded it improperly, one person said theyre reporting me on here for my MW2 trophy price of war even after i explained, and the other is for sister never got a reply afterwards, I'm just assuming they reported me for it and was worried about it at the time

7 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

AND as long as they’re levelheaded and are fair in their judgements. That is super important. I don’t doubt that CRT would open the doors for adding members who can fairly assess disputes.

Thanks for the recommendation, but with a 3 hour limitation, it might not be suitable for me. The longest speedrun I’ve ever done without hardly taking breaks was Dead Space 3, and that was 1 day 5 hours long. I need something more suitable for recording/streaming for longer durations. I have an El Gato HD60 S, but I cannot for the life of me get my capture software to pickup the output. I follow video guides to a T and still fail. Maybe I have the wrong El Gato or something, not sure.

3 hour limitation is just within it's own app but if you use OBS you can have it be longer plus livestream. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Let’s be real though. PSNTL’s owner has documented evidence he purposely flagged people to get ahead on his own leaderboard, and has known and prolific cheaters running the show (Hello RD4, DenDigger, and JeanMi). The admin has also stated directly repenters can always go back on the leaderboard. 

lol wot... Do you have the evidence to support this or?

10 hours ago, SzzMN said:

This makes me wonder how many times I've been reported now, I'm closing in on 40 fastest achievers soon mainly for CoD games and MP heavy games and 120 top 50 finishes (Mainly top 10s). ? But honestly the wannabes are the worst most of the time lacking basic knowledge about the games in question. 

3 times...

9 hours ago, Letenko said:

Hypothetically, let's say we could have 2 groups, one for flagging and one for approving. You'd still have to create a dispute and prove your innocence to somebody who either flagged you or approved your flag. I don't think there is a way to do it where you try to prove you did nothing wrong to somebody who didn't have a hand in flagging you in the first place.

The idea that it would make a difference or even make sense to have one group for flagging and one for approving is fundamentally flawed. The person approving would need to understand why it's considered cheated, which is what the flagger would tell them. And then you're just as far, except everything takes many times as long. What you could filter out is someone abusing their power or something, but the approver may be just as flawed.

In fact, some of the most precise and efficient flagging I've been part of has just been myself finding, flagging and approving it. You usually don't see a single dispute about it. I can do 500 flags at the same time, and know exactly which that will likely end up as a dispute. I will even tell people x, y and z will dispute. Some hours later they so often dispute, and that can be like 2-3 of the like 3-4 who dispute out of 500 flags. It's not because they are worse reports, and it's not even really the account, it's more the way they cheated and how they think they were so clever and could get away with it in a dispute.

Anyway, the main issue isn't accuracy, it's efficiency. Truly that is it. ? I know that makes no sense, but what often happen is the more questionable reports never gets handled. Imagine them stacking up over months. The ones that could maybe be true, the ones that takes a while to determine, that might be one of a kind. I wouldn't want to decline it. So what happens when hundreds, maybe getting close to a thousand of these over a period of over a year keeps clogging up everything....

Well, someone might just try to do them fast, and maybe the accuracy of those aren't the best. ? I haven't done this, but I'm just saying it has been done, and you can feel whatever you want about that. If you get falsely reported you can dispute it, and if it's one of these, it's likely quickly off.

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

lol wot... Do you have the evidence to support this or?

And if you wonder, you've been reported 5 times.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Zephyr-pt said:

I have nothing to add but i see people asking if anyone has tried to flag them before and getting answers, so i'm curious now lol 

You've been flagged eleventeen times

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

Their staff I mentioned were removed here and its pretty well documented. PSNTL is the only site rd4 is not flagged on. It's known the two are friends. DenDigger has invalid syncs which basically means they were time machined. Here we call that CFW (and it is if you really know how to look for it). He's a red guy aka admin and runs the flag section.

psntlstaff.png

Multiple people advised me not to even feed into this ego trip, but against my better judgement, I feel like I should at least reply to this

On PSNTL, invalid time syncs are missing timestamps, I have 3 vitas, they happen, get over it, there's nothing anyone can do about missing timestamps, I assume this happened due to the vita not knowing where or when it is

As for the site owner removing people with FNR4, I had no idea about this, the entire time i've known them he hasn't done anything like this, based on the screenshot you provided this was almost 10 years ago, but then again anything you say should be taken with a grain of salt, the full story isn't known and i'm sure there is missing context here, from the sounds of it he overreacted and removed a bunch of users, then later apologized for his actions and reinstated the ones he wrongfully removed, which is more than can be said about you and your mistakes - you tend to just brush them under the rug and move on from what i've heard

I'm sure yourself and a handful of members here thrive on drama like this, so im not going to participate in this futile back and fourth, and besides, why waste time even commenting on threads like this?  aren't you guys always complaining about all the reports you need to approve?  is this some weird way of saving face?  go do something else with your time - you know what, why not go undercover, create an alternate discord account and join a bunch of communities and ask them what THEY think about this site, I personally only ever hear bad things about this site, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest

"never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" - eventually you'll flag the wrong user(s), then those users will leave, and a bunch of other users will follow and leave as well, but this is already starting to happen, no users - no site

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MMDE said:

The flags were given for good reason. Given our communication, I still have left to test what we talked about. It will take some work for me to do, but I have the equipment for it now, however I'm not at home.

My point being, you've not actually explained the "good reason" why I was flagged. A two-word phrase that is evidently used for multiple reasons does not explain in full, the reason why I was flagged.

11 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

Recording video to prove trophies (whether for time completed or order earned) when it is still possible is one thing, but what about when it isn’t anymore? @WiktorM101 is probably the only other player replicating my situation with Striker’s Edge. How would we be able to defend ourselves (or each other) if we are flagged? We will end up being the only 2 people still able to unlock the platinum after the GameSparks shutdown. Do either one of us really need to record our screens with the last 2 trophies unlocking? Or do our forum posts (pre-shutdown) suffice?

I know i will have to appeal this in the future and hope our thread is credible enough.

I will probably record my screen with multiple phones when i do this showing as much as i can.

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Frontzie said:

My point being, you've not actually explained the "good reason" why I was flagged. A two-word phrase that is evidently used for multiple reasons does not explain in full, the reason why I was flagged.

How did your Power Gig platinum pop 1.5h after the final trophy? Surely that’s an obvious one you would’ve noticed if you even glanced at your reported list.

• Like 1

Eh i am just chilling and waiting for my flag to get lifted again. Is there a way for the CRT team to check if someone got flagged for something and then unflagged, because when i did my dispute people were saying that i didn't get unflagged before and i was trying to fool the CRT team...which was not the case.