Tomba is coming to modern platforms (PS5/PS4/PC/Switch | 2024)

Suminya

holy fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

this was legit the first game i ever played back in the old PSOne days, im so goddamn excited, hopefully i can snag a physical copy to put it next to the original one

the trophies are probably gonna be crazy tho, i remember this game having a lot of missable quests i think

• Like 1

I loved this game as a kid and always hoped but never imagined this would actually happen. Timing is actually amazing as only last week I was attempting to replay it through an emulator - happy to wait for this to drop now!!

7 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

EXCUSE ME? GEX TRILOGY? WHERE!!!

I hadn't heard about this either but looks like LRG are also doing a physical release 

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/07/gex-trilogy-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-ps4-switch-and-pc

• Like 1

I used to have a demo disc with a level from Tomba on it that I got free with the official PlayStation magazine, I never actually owned a copy of the game but I remember absolutely loving the level from the demo and just playing it on repeat. 
This is just the best news, I’m excited to finally play the game in full after all these years 

• Like 2

I knew the game as Tombi and only ever had the demo disc. I used to play that small section repeatedly and kept trying to find the full version. I never could until years later when I saw ho expensive it was because of the rarity. I'm not 100% sure what type of game this is meant to be. It's clearly not a port of the original. Is it a remaster, a remake, a completely new game? I would have been really excited if this was the original PS1 game being brought to the Classics collection, so I could finally lay the full game. While this interests me slightly less I am still intrigued and will probably get it.

Well, finally. I loved it back in the day. I actually started to replay it on an emulator a while back, right when they've announced the new Plus tiers. I've dropped it, hoping it would come to Premium at some point. It didn't obviously, so I'm very glad they're doing it. Hopefully they'll do the same with the sequel.