Future Goals & Aspirations

LancashireLad87

Nice lad !! the reason that coin trophy for ninja gaiden is not as rare (u mentioned) is because most of the pros played (master collection) as soon as it came out and had already mastered it... it's just now slowly lowering in ultra rare category as new players are playing. If u look at the vita tropies u will see how low its like 1. Something 

Edited by Spookyentertainm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spookyentertainm said:

Nice lad !! the reason that coin trophy for ninja gaiden is not as rare (u mentioned) is because most of the pros played (master collection) as soon as it came out and had already mastered it... it's just now slowly lowering in ultra rare category as new players are playing. If u look at the vita tropies u will see how low its like 1. Something 

I definitely couldn't have done it without you watching me share-play and giving me the inside knowledge of how to play the game efficiently. Yes I can imagine the handheld would be even harder. Perhaps one day I can invest in a PS Vita and play some of the amazing games it has. I was surprised at how much of a difference the grip of murder costume makes in the mission mode. It's just a shame I was unable to beat the Rachel Vs Nicchae & Ishtaros fight without using Rachel's special costume. I'll be sure to hit you up when the time comes for part 3! I'm thinking of replaying part 2 again at some point!

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I remember watching that Platchums review of your account when it came out. Would be good if they come back to re-review some accounts and yours would be top of the list to see the progress made. 

That's very kind of you to say, I appreciate that! Someone is due to review my account as it stands today, sadly it's not the Irish lads!

• Like 1

Welcome back to the Checklist space!

20 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

[Work In Progress 2/8] Goal 2: Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3) - Complete Mercenaries Reunion on all maps with every character earning SS Ranks in Solo play.

Hitting goals that go beyond trophy lists is often more gratifying than achieving some of our most difficult trophies, so good on you for rising up to the challenge. Resident Evil 5 is a game I really adore—and while I'm not likely to go hardcore in Mercenaries mode, I'd still like to pick up the PS4 stack for a replay in the future. Do your best in getting through the remainder of your challenge! ?

• Like 1

Took me a while to get to this checklist but welcome back! Always awesome to read your posts and targets :D 

Definitely approving of the "Proudest Trophy" (like come on, KoF13 is one of the best experiences out there), cracked up when I saw the Tekken Tag trophy icon (who's that baked ass elf lol?) and I am miiiildly sad that you despise Survival Mode, because Persona 4 Arena would have been one mad challenge but the hardest part is the Survival Mode there xD aka Time Attack.

Also first platinum Demon's Souls? :> very nice choice!

Best of luck with the future goals, will definitely look forward to more of them posts :D 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Welcome back to the Checklist space!

Hitting goals that go beyond trophy lists is often more gratifying than achieving some of our most difficult trophies, so good on you for rising up to the challenge. Resident Evil 5 is a game I really adore—and while I'm not likely to go hardcore in Mercenaries mode, I'd still like to pick up the PS4 stack for a replay in the future. Do your best in getting through the remainder of your challenge! 1f64f.png

Yes I love RE5 it has the best Mercenaries mode for me, I know Resident Evil Village has a good Mercenaries mode so I'll have to try that out at some point. Some characters are simply better than others because they have a very good load-out. I haven't played RE5 for a while so I'll need to shake some rust off. The only reason I would want to purchase the PS4 version at some point is to capture my runs so you can see how I approached the map.

19 hours ago, SwiftGuyver said:

@LancashireLad87 I enjoyed reading through the detailed breakdown of your journey so far as it's always cool to hear other gamers/trophy hunters thoughts and processes on how they approach things. You're building an awesome profile mate. 

Appreciate that! Yes it's always interesting to see how an account has progressed over the years. I'll make sure I embed the latest review of my profile in my original post when it's available. 

18 hours ago, Retrogamer125 said:

@LancashireLad87 Keep going so many solid platinum's on here especially Umvc3 Those combo trials are the definition of hell 

Thanks! I really enjoyed the game, for me it has the most satisfying gameplay of any fighter I've played so far. Being able to use some of my favourite video game characters was the icing on the cake.

12 hours ago, Copanele said:

Took me a while to get to this checklist but welcome back! Always awesome to read your posts and targets :D 

Definitely approving of the "Proudest Trophy" (like come on, KoF13 is one of the best experiences out there), cracked up when I saw the Tekken Tag trophy icon (who's that baked ass elf lol?) and I am miiiildly sad that you despise Survival Mode, because Persona 4 Arena would have been one mad challenge but the hardest part is the Survival Mode there xD aka Time Attack.

Also first platinum Demon's Souls? :> very nice choice!

Best of luck with the future goals, will definitely look forward to more of them posts :D 

Haha no worries. Yes there seems to be 2 groups of fighting game trophy hunters, some people hate compo trials whilst others hate survival mode. Yes I'm not really a big fan of 3D Fighters in general so I have no idea who the Tekken Tag Tournament platinum image is. I really enjoyed Demon's Souls I had to complete 2 additional playthroughs because the crystal lizards wouldn't drop the Pure Moonlight and Darkmoonlight stones, and yet I got the Pure Bladestone in less than 30 minutes! I guess lady luck was shining down upon me that day!

2 hours ago, Thedah said:

Good stuff. Your profile is looking very good! Love reading your updates as we share some similar tastes in games.

Thanks man, my account has come along way but there's always room for improvement. I'd like to diversify into a few game series I've yet to play such as Yakuza, I've heard nothing but great things about the series. I'll most likely start with Yakuza Zero, not sure when that will be, but its on my radar! 

• Like 2

Melty Blood: Type Lumina เปิดตัวนักสู้คนใหม่ Aoko Aozaki - #beartai

Breaking News!!! The lad from Lancashire has secured his 88th platinum trophy Melty Blood Type Lumina on the PlayStation 4. The trophy guide estimates a 10 hour platinum journey and a 5/10 difficulty. I commenced my journey through Melty Blood Type Lumina on Friday night for an hour because I'm still recovering from the flu and I didn't have the energy to play more. I set myself a little challenge how many trophies can the lad get in an hour whilst being sick, 10, 20 perhaps? 27! Yeah you read that right 27/10 trophies in an hour. Saturday morning I talked with my friend from Australia and managed to play a solid 2 hours and I got a lot of shit done, I predominantly played through character story modes which helped me to build up my in game currency and I cleared time attack with an S Rank with over a minute to spare.

This morning I wrapped up the remaining trophies which included winning 20 consecutive matches in survival, beating any characters story mode on the hardest difficulty with rounds set to 3 and multiple trophies for purchasing x amount of this and that and a single online trophy. I played a single player match against a random player online to start the day off strong. Next I attempted in my opinion the hardest trophy in the game, beating the computer on the hardest difficulty best of 3 rounds for 7 matches sounds fairly easy but this AI is very adept at input reading, and can punish you for upwards of 4,000 damage if they have meter.

I played as Aoki if I'm not mistaken, she's a chick with Red hair. Her QCF + Triangle special move shoots a projectile attack that travels full-screen. If you hold the input it enhances the laser beam. If the opponent gets hit with a fully charged laser you can combo into a normal QCF + Triangle for extra damage or another move of your choosing. If they got in my grill, I blocked until they were punishable and performed a simple BNB (bread and butter) combo then I tried to reset the distance so I could execute my strategy. 

I got through that on the first attempt but one of the fights against Shiko was a close victory edging him out 3-2. Next I attempted Survival mode, I used Aoki again and used the same strategy. Use heat to replenish your health for a short period increasing your survivability. I surprised myself when I defeated 25 opponents on my first try earning me my silver trophy and 9,700 in-game currency! All that stood between me and the platinum trophy was to grind for currency, I was 19,500 short of a 100,000.

The fastest method I could find was to play 2-player versus matches at 1-round matches. Overall I enjoyed the game, it was quite short which a lot of fighting games are but everything is skill dependent. Since I'm used to playing more difficult fighting games I breezed through the game, my Exophase hasn't updated so I'm unable to give you an accurate time but I'd estimate it took me around 4.5-5 hours to finish. As for difficulty I'd rate it a 4/10, if I wasn't ill with the flu it would have been lower.

• Like 2

Phantom Breaker: Omnia annunciato per PS4, Xbox One, Switch e PC ...

Breaking News!!! Moments ago the lad from Lancashire secured his 89th platinum trophy Phantom Breaker Omnia on the PlayStation 4. After scouring through the PS Store I noticed the game was heavily discounted so I did what any rational fighting game player would do, 4 quid for a new fighting game, sign me up! The question everyone is dying to know is was it worth it? In short, yes! The game is pretty bare bones and mediocre in terms of quality but the gameplay is pretty solid and it has some interesting gameplay mechanics that take a little bit of getting used to. 

Phantom Breaker Omnia does have DLC trophies, thankfully there included with the game. The most difficult trophy for me was completing Sophia's story mode because you have to meet certain conditions in order to progress to the later fights. The PSNP trophy guide rates the difficulty a modest 2/10 and a 10 hour platinum journey. I don't plan my trophies to unlock a certain way, I play the game organically, as such I've taken the liberty of screenshotting my final playtime for your convenience. As far as difficulty is concerned I'd rate the game closer to a 3/10, a 2/10 is taking the piss a bit. 

Phantom-Breaker-Omnia-20230803165510.jpg

Phantom Breaker Omnia is my 28th fighting game platinum trophy, well 29 if we're counting Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm as a fighting game. I'm not sure where I stand on that topic. Nevertheless I'm happy to add another platinum trophy to my collection, just one more to the big 90 then I can focus on my 1-10 challenge that will hopefully bring the lad into triple digits! 

• Like 4

Image result for skycrappers ps4

Breaking News!!! The lad from Lancashire has secured his 90th platinum trophy Skyscrappers on the PlayStation 4. I picked this game up because it was on sale, after playing through it I wouldn't like to pay full price for it. Skyscrappers is a vertical platfomer with fighting game elements, for my short time playing the game it was enjoyable but you'll get trophies thick and fast with this one. The PSNP trophy guide rates the difficulty a 2/10 and a 3 hour platinum journey, I personally think the difficulty is closer to a 3/10 because of the final stage with each character being a pain in the arse to complete 4 rounds with an AI who's hellbent on killing you. 

It took me 1 hour 40 minutes to platinum the game which is my fastest platinum trophy to date. Today marks a special milestone in my trophy hunting career, the lad has finally played 100 unique games on my account, Skyscrappers is my 30th fighting game platinum trophy which is a cool milestone to reach. My next goal will be to compile a 1-10 platinum challenge which will hopefully put me on 100 platinum trophies, however my next goal is to reach 3000 bronze trophies!

I'm happy to add this platinum to my collection and I'll catch you guys in the next one!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Copanele @Thedah @Yuber6969 @Gommes_ @DeepEyes7 @FreshFromThaDeli @Groudon9000 @Infected Elite

Image result for jurassic world evolution 2

Breaking News!!! The lad from Lancashire has essentially secured another platinum trophy Jurassic World Evolution 2 on the PlayStation 4. I've been wanting to play this title for a while because I thoroughly enjoyed it's predecessor. I purchased both Malta and Dominion expansions when they were on sale because they're normally quite expensive due to Frontier having to pay a license fee to use Jurassic Park assets. The PSNP trophy guide is very misleading, after completing all 5 Jurassic difficulty challenge maps, I can wholeheartedly say, this is nowhere near a 6/10 and is on par with JWE1 100% because of the restrictions set in place.

Some of them are absolutely brutal! An example would be on the USA South West Map, if you incubate and release a dinosaur that has a negative trait or characteristic such as thirsty or intolerant or aggressive, it's lifespan will be reduced by 90%! Discarding the eggs and then re-synthesising and incubating high appeal dinosaurs is very costly and time consuming. Torrential weather, sabotage and disease are very common on Jurassic difficulty, yes you could save scum every few minutes to prevent this but I prefer to ride the storm out, adapt and conquer! Please bear in mind, JWE1 lacked restrictions but you had to make par-time for the trophy to unlock, I'd rather have no restrictions which would have made this platinum trophy a lot less stressful!

If I were to rank the difficulty of each Jurassic difficulty challenge map, I would rate them as follows; 

UK: 7/10 (My playtime 9.16)

Germany: 7/10 (My playtime 17.13) 

Canada: 8/10 (My playtime 15.32)

USA North: 8/10 (My playtime 16.40) 

USA South: 9/10 (My playtime 17.59) 

Total: 76.40 (Over 75 hours for 5 maps)

My final challenge map was USA South West which I can honestly say is the hardest challenge map of the series so far, the par-time for Jurassic difficulty is 14.5 hours, spoiler alert the Lad didn't make par-time, wasn't even close! I briefly watched a few videos on YouTube for this map just to see what completion times people had and 1 guy had 26 hours for this map, which proves what a pain in the arse it is. The map is very fragmented and is difficult to build on, my playtime for USA South West was 17 hours 59 Minutes.

I've purposely left a simple trophy for next year's platinum difficulty challenge. According to my Exophase account, I've sank just shy of 114 hours into Jurassic World Evolution 2. After playing the game for 3 weeks without playing anything in-between, I'm definitely "Glad that's Over" which coincidentally was the name of one of my last trophies for the game and man is that the truth!

If the game lacked the Jurassic difficulty challenges then rating the difficulty a 6/10 would be valid but the amount of stress and effort to micromanage death, disease, sabotage, torrential weather, breakouts, dinosaur and guest satisfaction, amenities and your staff whilst playing with some very harsh restrictions is nowhere near a 6/10, if that's a 6/10 then I haven't played any game harder than a 7.5-8/10.

Hopefully you enjoyed reading through this post, now I can move on to my next project which should be a lot less stressful and take considerably less time to finish.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

@Copanele @FreshFromThaDeli @Gommes_ @Groudon9000 @Infected Elite @Yuber6969 @DeepEyes7 @Thedah

Image result for walking dead a new frontier

Breaking News!!! Over the weekend the lad from Lancashire has all but secured his 95th platinum trophy, The Walking Dead A New Frontier on the PlayStation 4. I've previously played through 3 Telltale games, and I needed another 1/10 for next years annual platinum difficulty challenge, so I picked up a used copy off Ebay. I've had this game sitting on the shelf for months so I thought I'd relax after playing through some of my previous projects. I skimmed through the trophy guide to see if anything was miss-able, which there isn't and started my journey through A New Frontier.

Despite being very straightforward to complete, I really enjoy these games for their story and the choices you have to make which shapes the story, every decision you make alters the story and inevitably has consequences. My favourite character in the game has to be Paul but his friends call him Jesus, he is such a badass at killing walkers (undead). 

I've purposely left the final episode of Chapter 5 unearned ready for next years platinum difficulty challenge. According to the PSNP trophy guide it rates the games difficulty a 1/10 and a 10 hour platinum journey, according to my Exophase, at the time of writing I've played 6.5 hours and I'd rate the difficulty a 2/10 because a 1/10 in my book is shovel-ware that can be completed in minutes which I refuse to play/support.

I'm waiting for my next project to arrive in the post which should arrive in a few days, regardless I'm happy to add this platinum to my existing collection and I'll catch you guys in the next one!   

Hah that's an unexpected game on your list!Congrats!

(you trained me in seeing all those fighting games/action H&S/ Crash Team Racing games ngl 😂)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

definitely wasnt expecting TWD. What are the plans for the big 100?

What can I say, I'm full of surprises! As for the big 100 I'll be putting a short list of possible games and I'll let the community vote on plat 100. I've done this several times which has always been well received. Not sure if I have the skill to do the games for platinum 100 but I'll give them a good go.

• Like 1