Future Goals & Aspirations

LancashireLad87

@Copanele The first Ninja Gaiden is slower paced and has a fair amount of backtracking through the levels whilst NGS2 is more streamlined. I prefer NGS2 because combat is a lot faster, more DMC-esque if you will. If you do get round to the series at some point, if you need any advice, let me know!

@Lord_of_Ra Yes you gotta love gatekeeping! I've seen a few gaming sessions on here for the PS3 version, there was a giant list of pre-requisites before the guy would play with you lol

• Like 2

On 2/3/2024 at 9:56 PM, Lord_of_Ra said:

@Copanele I would recommend you play NGS2. Imo it's leagues better than the first one in terms of gameplay. The first one is ok, but you can tell they were first starting out with the formula, kind of like how DMC1 started good and DMC3 perfected it so much more.

Hahah that will be a no, because at this point I NEED to start with the first one, otherwise I'd  betray my ninja way! 😂

But if I ever get stuck, I'll count on you and @LancashireLad87 to give me some pointers, or at least teach me how to do the Izuna Drop.

As long as I don't have to deal with co-op though, I think I will be fine...hopefully 😅

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

Hahah that will be a no, because at this point I NEED to start with the first one, otherwise I'd  betray my ninja way! 😂

But if I ever get stuck, I'll count on you and @LancashireLad87 to give me some pointers, or at least teach me how to do the Izuna Drop.

As long as I don't have to deal with co-op though, I think I will be fine...hopefully 😅

Man, what if she's already taken? 😆

It's been ages since I went to NG, but it's on my plans to plat the dreaded Vita version. If I get to it, I'm more than happy to help!

As for coop, I'd suggest just skip the S2 PS3 ver tbh. Not worth it. From what I've read from the lad, the Ps4 version is a more solid solo challenge.

NG1 has no coop trophies. It's a solo hell too lol.

NG3 and Razor's Edge does have coop though, but I dunno about the Ps4 ver. @LancashireLad87 maybe you know more about those?

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

43 minutes ago, Lord_of_Ra said:

NG3 and Razor's Edge does have coop though, but I dunno about the Ps4 ver. @LancashireLad87 maybe you know more about those?

The PS4 counterpart to PS3's NGRE does not have coop and can be (has to be) done solo. Just do not expect it to be as easy as Sigma 2's trials. Ultimate Ninja difficulty is just as bullshit, if not worse, than it was on PS3. The Final boss on Ultimate Ninja difficulty during the story mode is god awful. 

Better yet, be thankful we didnt get NG3 vanilla as that was even more aggravating on Ultimate Ninja difficulty. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

The PS4 counterpart to PS3's NGRE does not have coop and can be (has to be) done solo. Just do not expect it to be as easy as Sigma 2's trials. Ultimate Ninja difficulty is just as bullshit, if not worse, than it was on PS3. The Final boss on Ultimate Ninja difficulty during the story mode is god awful. 

Better yet, be thankful we didnt get NG3 vanilla as that was even more aggravating on Ultimate Ninja difficulty. 

Thanks for clarifying!

Oh man, I'm not looking forward to that BS difficulty haha.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lord_of_Ra said:

Thanks for clarifying!

Oh man, I'm not looking forward to that BS difficulty haha.

None of the PS4 versions have co-op of any kind so you don't need to worry about that. As far as NG3 RE is concerned there is a get out of jail free card in terms of getting through the game easier called the Eclipse Scythe 360T dash strategy. This strategy grants a ton of invulnerability frames, and interrupts/cancels enemy/boss attack animations. The orginal NG3 is beyond terrible because you only had access to a single ninpo and weapon (Dragon sword) unless you paid for a DLC which gave you the Eclipse Scythe and the Falcon Talons. In NG3 RE you don't need to complete every single mission for trophies which is nice so you can pick and choose the "easier ones"

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

None of the PS4 versions have co-op of any kind so you don't need to worry about that. As far as NG3 RE is concerned there is a get out of jail free card in terms of getting through the game easier called the Eclipse Scythe 360T dash strategy. This strategy grants a ton of invulnerability frames, and interrupts/cancels enemy/boss attack animations. The orginal NG3 is beyond terrible because you only had access to a single ninpo and weapon (Dragon sword) unless you paid for a DLC which gave you the Eclipse Scythe and the Falcon Talons. In NG3 RE you don't need to complete every single mission for trophies which is nice so you can pick and choose the "easier ones"

Am I glad to hear that, cuz I just got the PS3 ver of Razors edge, and gonna put NG3 on sale later on.

What I like about Razors Edge is that you can solo the list even on PS3, as I’ve seen peeps do several UN Trials solo, even with Kasumi.

Ofc there are some that might be near impossible, but there are more than enough doable ones to get the gold trophies…I hope! lol 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Lord_of_Ra said:

Am I glad to hear that, cuz I just got the PS3 ver of Razors edge, and gonna put NG3 on sale later on.

What I like about Razors Edge is that you can solo the list even on PS3, as I’ve seen peeps do several UN Trials solo, even with Kasumi.

Ofc there are some that might be near impossible, but there are more than enough doable ones to get the gold trophies…I hope! lol 

The changes that Razor's Edge made from Vanilla Ninja Gaiden 3 were basically night and day - one of them being a lot grinder due to adding Momiji, Ayane, and Kasumi as playable characters. Comparing both games, Ng3 was abysmal due to numerous things, such as having to buy DLC weapons and a single Ninpo as @LancashireLad87 said. I would not recommend it, personally, but if you do play it - go into it with an open mind, but do not expect a Sigma 2 type of Ninja Gaiden game.

The caveat if you analyze both games (NG3 and RE) is that the new "steel-on-bone" mechanic NG3 added was very, very broken if you had the Eclipse Scythe due to the range w/ a room full of enemies - basically, it was instant-kill...kinda, but non-humanoid enemies (and summoners, I think they are called?) would cancel the chain entirely. The summoners will basically block everything, unless they are on verge of death, or jump into it, and the waves, and waves of enemies both games come with? Oy vey - it gets old. RE adds Van Gelfs, but makes the other non-humanoid enemy a lot harder for some reason (??), however, makes the summoners bearable, kinda.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Nioh 2 Beginners Guide Tips & Tricks

Image result for nioh 2 enenra

A good beginner guide right there!

I just finished with Nioh 1 (minus a Twilight mission that I wait for spawning), so what I would strongly add as an advice for new players is the jutsu called Quick-change. For roughly 1:30 - 2 minutes, if you receive a physical attack that would normally kill you, you instead respawn above the enemy with 1/3 of your HP, allowing you to do a plunging attack. It's a sort of "get out of jail for free" card that can save your bacon in a pinch.

That ONLY applies to physical attacks so if you die from a status effect like fire...yeah that one doesn't work anymore. Still, nice to have, for some nasty encounters.

Also I will confirm that in NG+ onwards you should actually prioritize hunting down revenants for the weapon that I am using, since they could drop an actually good piece of equipment e.g. if you use a sword and you see a sword wielding revenant in NG+, chances are he's wearing a Kingo armour. But yeah in regular NG it's not worth beating the revenants, everyone wears whatever piece of cardboard they could find 😂

And finally, one aspect that I found interesting is that every weapon has an "innate" hidden bonus. Sword has some skills/buffs that prioritize damage from behind. Spear has the mad range, the mid stance strong triangle poke. Tonfa and fists focus on breaking the enemy's ki. Around the mid game it's best to discover what your weapon is best at. Nioh 2 has a ton of options, at least compared to Nioh 1.

I should give this game a second go with a different weapon. I played Nioh 2 with a sword as well and oh boy I did not like it at all. I'll definitely try either the spear or the fists on my PS5 playthrough. The diversity and options is what makes this game truly great. I still enjoyed Nioh 1 more tho :P 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

@LancashireLad87

You're mad lad for sure going for Wipeout, but I commend you for your efforts and they are paying off! Super jelly keep up the great work buddy!

Thanks man, I appreciate that! I'm sure you'd be able to get through it, might take some time and practice but you'll get there eventually. I was surprised I managed to get through the game as quickly as I did. I played Wipeout HD over 3 years ago and there was definitely some rust that I had to shake off but once you get back into the swing of things it wasn't too hard, outside of the zone events. Although I did listen to music to "zone out" whilst playing the harder events to keep me focussed and I sat close to the TV which didn't help my eyesight but it got the job done!

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

@Copanele @Gommes_ @Thedah @Yuber6969 @FreshFromThaDeli @DeepEyes7

Image result for nioh 2

Breaking News!!! The lad from Lancashire has finally secured his next platinum trophy Nioh 2 on the PlayStation 4. At the time of writing I've purposely left a single bronze trophy from the 100% which is for ringing all of the bells within the Ruins Draw Near main mission. What a rollercoaster of emotions with this game and its DLC expansions. The collectibles i.e. Kodamas were very well hidden, even with Kodama sense on one of my accessories, I still had to watch a few videos on YouTube to find them all (150) total within the base game alone.

Big congrats! I really have to start this game too in the nearby future, after getting triggered (in the good sense) by Nioh 1 :D

I so hope that I will love Nioh 2 a second time around...really didn't enjoy it the first time I played it. Although, the fault was purely mine, I refused to use anything except the katana and my build suffered because of that.

2 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Regrettably there's no trophy guide for the final DLC entitled "The First Samurai" on PSNProfiles at the time of writing. However, if you plan on playing through this 100% solo, like I did. Let me tell you, good luck on Dream of the Demon difficulty on the all comers side mission because that shit is no joke. Expect to be around level 500 with +190 gear at +50 across the board with full ethereal gear, even then you'll still struggle.

If I remember, the absolute worst mission in DLC 3 is the one where you have a gauntlet of enemies that ends up with a boss gauntlet, final one being 7 Gods of Yomi or something. I know that one was a nightmare and indeed without a solid build, solo play would be an absolute nightmare.

Gotta pull out the sacred texts and see what fits before starting this game 😂 I would so go for fist weapons, but they're so finnicky..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dear lord that's some text!

Nice work there :D that's a lot of combat and a LOT of racing covered there. Arkham Knight really outdid itself with the content there!

I will have a special request (I bet you planned that anyway) : special section for  the Community Challenge Pack. That's the most fun part after all 😆

• Like 1

I haven't started this game yet, but DAYUM, lots of tips and goodies here lad! Nice job.

You'll probably see me spamming here once I get to them haha.