Cult of the Lamb will not be delisted - It was a prank bro, you're on camera

Abby_TheLastofUs

Please tell me you don't believe the tweet... They're clearly joking around - there's no financial reason to even consider pulling from a console store as it's only 20p per install to a device, so one or two charges based on if someone is sharing their profile. As such, why would they willingly pull the sale which earns them much more pre-purchase? They wouldn't...

Also, there was a few people complaining about the increase in PS Plus... Think about it logically - any Unity game in PS Plus will incur the fee to install, but PS is going to be the one charged for it, not the developer. As such, the increase in PS Plus will balance the charges, allowing for Sony to continue adding Unity games to the service rather than drop them - which Xbox might do if they're not happy footing the bill. So, even though people aren't happy with the small increase, it is technically going to be used to keep games in the service.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ZedsDeadStevo said:

Dude, we are being squeezed left, right and centre with charges, taxes and increases -  where is the line? Or do we just suck it all up and pay what the companies tell us to? When does it stop?

Video game industry is a luxery dude. Simple. Focus your money on more important things like necessities. Gaming isnt one. If you cant afford to maintain gaming, then you stop. Never break your bank or go broke to play some game. You won't benefit long term or at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ZedsDeadStevo said:

I get it's a luxury, I think you misunderstood my post - maybe I didn't put it across very well. I did not mean I can't afford to game, I barely buy brand new games I usually wait for sales anyway. I mean prices are going up everywhere in all aspects of life like energy costs, food, housing - not just gaming - and people are really feeling the pinch on their wallets recently. Add in the new method of charging for installs which will inevitably be passed onto the consumer and it feels like just another slap in the face.

ah well i get it but again, everything has gone up. Its just a fact of life. So if they charge for installs, its just another couple hundred a year i don't pay attention to. Just like netflix, Disney, sports, ps+ etc. if i couldn't afford all of it i would change what my priorities are when it comes to spending. But i also don't plan to be gaming into my 40s like I do now. So I mean gaming in a few years wont even bother me.

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

Please tell me you don't believe the tweet... They're clearly joking around - there's no financial reason to even consider pulling from a console store as it's only 20p per install to a device, so one or two charges based on if someone is sharing their profile. As such, why would they willingly pull the sale which earns them much more pre-purchase? They wouldn't...

Also, there was a few people complaining about the increase in PS Plus... Think about it logically - any Unity game in PS Plus will incur the fee to install, but PS is going to be the one charged for it, not the developer. As such, the increase in PS Plus will balance the charges, allowing for Sony to continue adding Unity games to the service rather than drop them - which Xbox might do if they're not happy footing the bill. So, even though people aren't happy with the small increase, it is technically going to be used to keep games in the service.

With the information initially presented, there was no indication that PS+ (or GamePass or Steam or Epic or whoever) would be the one to eat the install cost. They explicitly stated the developer/publisher, multiple times.

So far as believing the tweet and what it does or doesn’t cost them, well. There is the matter of the principle of the thing to consider, as well as plenty of situations where one might run up many installs for any number of reasons and 20p or 10 pounds per doesn’t matter; enough numbers is going to put a dent in the budget, and with smaller indie studios even a few hundred bucks can be a problem. I doubt anyone’s going to maliciously spam installs on Cult of the Lamb, but neither do I think such a thing isn’t going to happen to someone, somewhere… and better developers say or do something now, or prepare themselves and customers for the worst case scenario (and thus get eyes on it and hope to change it before the shit hits the fan) than just go “well, we had to pay a few thousand dollars in install fees and have to shut down, sorry guys” with no warning.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Boorish said:

They are not de-listing it.

Wow, it was a joke at the end lol. I feel like unity made this in purpose so @Infected Elite was able beat my record of 11  in the same post, maybe he's the CEO that sold his shares. I'll have to come up with something new.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

Wow, it was a joke at the end lol. I feel like unity made this in purpose so @Infected Elite was able beat my record of 11  in the same post, maybe he's the CEO that sold his shares. I'll have to come up with something new.

yeah people here dont understand humor

Lets go do something fun.

6 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

The best thing here isn't about the game, it's the fun that a lot of us had in this thread. I'll probably never even play cult of the lamb but this thread gave me enough entertainment

It's also important that posts like these can spread awareness of the shitty side of the industry

• Like 1