Cult of the Lamb will not be delisted - It was a prank bro, you're on camera

Abby_TheLastofUs

Cult of the Lamb will be delisted next year in response to Unity's new installation fee policy.

Unless Unity completely walks backs their new policy or Massive Monster backs down (unlikely), the game will be delisted just before the policy goes into effect. There are physical copies but prices for those are probably going to go up once the game is delisted, so get it before January 1st if you're interested. 

Massive Monster have clarified that it was a joke. 😅

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

This reads like a joke tweet to me, are we 100% sure on this?

It's a threat written in a light way... more like a strike pre-warning? But of course it's not a 100% certain scenario - who knows what will happen to Unity and all those games at this point, specially because there's some retroactive points to consider and a LOT of backlash going on. It' a wait and see situation.

Just now, SimmondsR said:

(which was free recently on PS+ and Unity haven't clarified I don't think if free games count as a valid download)

I would assume that they do, since otherwise, I can't imagine why the policy would be worded to distinguish "purchases" and "installs" as separate things.

I would assume the only reason to include language referring to "installs" rather than simple "purchases" is specifically to cover things like PS+ and Gamepass.

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I would assume that they do, since otherwise, I can't imagine why the policy would be worded to distinguish "purchases" and "installs" as separate things.

I would assume the only reason to include language referring to "installs" rather than simple "purchases" is specifically to cover things like PS+ and Gamepass.

One of the developers who's game will be on gamepass indicated that free DL's indeed do count.

4 minutes ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Are you being serious? Do you not realize how catastrophic this actually is and how it’s not even sustainable 

This guy (IE) is a huge troll. He just likes to say shit to get attention.

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Are you being serious? Do you not realize how catastrophic this actually is and how it’s not even sustainable 

I think he's being ironical. Or facetious. Or something.

9 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

This guy (IE) is a huge troll. He just likes to say shit to get attention.

Hmmm. He seems fine to me. Hell, he gives me quite a bit of game advice in my status updates.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

do you not realize everything is going up? maybe i feel differently because i work for a company that increases sales prices and is annually purchasing other companies so I'm on the "make more money" end of the pyramid. Not the "omg a download fee for a digital game i only have a license for until it gets pulled" side.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Just leave it be

Just now, Zipp Storm said:

Just read his words as sarcasm. Trust me, I know his humour fairly well. 

not sarcastic but yes you do lol

Just now, Zipp Storm said:

On topic, if COTL gets delisted, then that's a shame. The game looks awesome.

im waiting for special reserves copy to send. 

that being said, to everyone, you already pay x amount for a game, what's an extra $2 or something for an installation fee? not much.

view it as an extra tax. 

• Confused 3