Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft (PS5|PS4)

Favorite of the original trilogy  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of the original trilogy

• Tomb Raider
    • Tomb Raider II
    • Tomb Raider III

12 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Just say you want 3 platinums. You don't need to justify that to yourself or me or anyone.

I've already explained extensively why this is not the deciding factor to me. I would still have chosen the PS4 versions over PS5 even if they had no platinums, because I like to have separate lists for each game. If you choose not to believe me that's fine, I don't care and will not waste my time any longer.

12 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

As a gamer I just find it strange that people would choose to play an inferior version of a game when they've access to the better version.

On more than one occasion I've chosen an original PS3 version over a remastered PS4/5 version. Because it had better trophy rarity, or just had a special feel to it. People do that kind of stuff, it's not all about graphics or performance.

I CBF looking through this entire thread, but some dude on YT reviewing the TR trilogy said that the modern controls were absolute shit.

And that he had to go back to Tank controls. I haven't played TR remastered yet, but who's using Tank controls? And who's using Modern?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I CBF looking through this entire thread, but some dude on YT reviewing the TR trilogy said that the modern controls were absolute shit.

And that he had to go back to Tank controls. I haven't played TR remastered yet, but who's using Tank controls? And who's using Modern?

Tank controls for me. The games were designed around them.

2 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

I want 3 platinums

Nice. As long as you're having fun

Edited by RedDevil757
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I’m playing with tank controls. I tried the modern controls but couldn’t adjust. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

It's not just one dude, literally everyone who reviewed it or posted anywhere on steam or reddit says that modern controls are shit and almost unplayable. Just play with tank controls, they are perfectly fine.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

To anyone playing the PS4 version.

Can you have the modern visuals with tank controls but still use the sticks for both movement and camera or are these exclusive to the modern controls?

You can use the sticks, although personally I find moving the camera with the sticks makes the tank controls a little bit jank (unlike with the normal camera where it feels completely natural), and I don't think the tank controls translate well to the stick either. Maybe for general moving around, but not for platforming

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I tried with modern controls, but you don't get the same level of precision that you need in these games. I've quite quickly regained the muscle memory from about 20 years ago with the tank controls and I'm enjoying it more now.

They do need to patch the modern controls if they want them to fit with the game better. You can't even do the back hop to get a run up for jumps, unless you have your guns out. And in Croft Manor where you don't have guns, you can't hop backwards at all!

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed some ridiculous textures misplaced? 😂 I found two in the Colosseum level in the water. The texture for the water was replaced by a texture of the painting of the girl in the blue headband. The second was the same picture but stretched 😂

On 2/14/2024 at 6:39 PM, RedDevil757 said:

You must be playing a different game to me. The PS4 version doesn't feel as smooth. So I'd be surprised if it's 60fps

I can garantee to you that the PS4 runing backcompat on PS5 it's solid 60FPS. HECK EVEN THE SWITCH IS 60FPS SOLID! 1080p resolution. The Switch beeing tested by Digital Foundry. 

I made pixel counts, and it's equivalent to 1440p res and rock solid 60FPS on my readings on my TV playing PS4 version on PS5. Like i said before, the lighting and shadow quality are not as good as PS5 native version. And the lower Res, but the rest is all the same. And the lighting and shadow you don't notice it just when actually looking and taking shots of each image. Wich was what i did. 

I guarantee to you it's 60FPS. 30FPS for classic mode with screen tear. Real smooth on Remastered mode. So i really don't know why it's not soo smooth for you. 

Slightly late but to address a few old points- The review embargo situation was unpredictably weird. Some peeps with review codes were saying different things contradicting each other; the early narrative is that 02/14 was the original date, then that the developers moved it up a day (02/13) due to their lack of knowledge on the collection not being a global release.

The next point being the Day 1 patch situation some early reviewers and the official(?) British channel claimed would be a thing pre-release—technically it did indeed turn out to be true, BUT it was for a sole platform (GoG) and didn't address the predominantly more common problems people were expecting.

That said and as of the present, a verified dev came out the other day and said a patch is in the works across platforms to address a lot of the game's issues that players have incessantly been talking about.

Edited by EcoShifter
typo

On 2/15/2024 at 6:36 AM, TheDarkKratos said:

I’m using modern. It took a lot of mess ups and annoying moments but I’m used to them now, I think if you can stick out the modern controls they’re better for long term 

• Like 1

Tank for me. I tried modern and couldn't get used to them, it just made me feel bad at the game.

• Like 1

I am using the original controls, trust me its better.  

On a side note, people are saying that the extra level for gaining all Secrets in Tomb Raider 3, All Hallows isn't unlocking for them.  IIRC its not only all the Secrets, one of the secrets in Thames Wharf at the end [ the Third Secret ] in St Pauls Cathedral at the end isn't just a Medipack, you have to pick up the Cathedral Key, that is literally the key to All Hallows Cathedral, don't pick it up then you won't gain access. 

On 2/15/2024 at 6:50 PM, Radford999 said:

Has anyone noticed some ridiculous textures misplaced? 😂 I found two in the Colosseum level in the water. The texture for the water was replaced by a texture of the painting of the girl in the blue headband. The second was the same picture but stretched 😂

Yes but I think its by design, although having said that I never knew about that Secret and missed it.

On 2/25/2024 at 9:34 AM, alexandra-jane09 said:

I am using the original controls, trust me its better.  

On a side note, people are saying that the extra level for gaining all Secrets in Tomb Raider 3, All Hallows isn't unlocking for them.  IIRC its not only all the Secrets, one of the secrets in Thames Wharf at the end [ the Third Secret ] in St Pauls Cathedral at the end isn't just a Medipack, you have to pick up the Cathedral Key, that is literally the key to All Hallows Cathedral, don't pick it up then you won't gain access. 

Yes but I think its by design, although having said that I never knew about that Secret and missed it.

Looks like it’s just been misplaced to me. There is a tile in the ceiling in Natla’s Mines too that has no texture at all. So you can see straight through it and see the sky lol.