Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft (PS5|PS4)

Favorite of the original trilogy  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of the original trilogy

• Tomb Raider
    • Tomb Raider II
    • Tomb Raider III

3 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I like the idea of games having 100 trophies, might as well make the most of it now that there's an even higher cap. I've always found games with more trophies more fun to hunt in 

I love massive amounts of trophies in games as well. Unfortunately, the trophy hunting community has evolved into just wanting quick and easy plats over, you know, hunting trophies for the fun of it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

Sly debería arreglar eso pero no creo que lo haga.

No entiendo por qué este juego debería tener tantos trofeos, es innecesario.

30 40 o 50 están bien

Aún así compraré el juego porque TR2 es mi favorito.

There are so many trophies because the expansions for each game are included. The pack actually comes with 6 games.

17 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I love massive amounts of trophies in games as well. Unfortunately, the trophy hunting community has evolved into just wanting quick and easy plats over, you know, hunting trophies for the fun of it. 

If you are reffering to me,nope I don't like easy and quick trophies but doing 3 or 4 walkthroughs is frustrating don't you think?

If trophies didn't exist I would still play games,like I did before 2008

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SadisticSymphony said:

spacer.png

PS4 version now shows up for anyone curious

Thanks for that, gives us an excuse to do them both, or just choose which one of the trilogy you want to platinum or get if you can 3 platinums ftw as well as a 100% if you can for the PS5 version.  

• Like 1

We're at few hours from the release and, after months since revealed, we didn't get a single gameplay trailer. Only small frames of gameplay (ok), some few feats with screenshots weeks ago and nothing else. Just like GTA Definitive Edition. I'm going to wait for reviews and a huge drop sale. A lot of people are blindingly pre-ordering the game (as I was about to do), but even as a huge fan of the original trilogy, I still don't "trust" in this "remaster", from the lack of more gameplay. Few hours until gameplay shows up from actual consumers, either being good or bad...

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

We're at few hours from the release and, after months since revealed, we didn't get a single gameplay trailer. Only small frames of gameplay (ok), some few feats with screenshots weeks ago and nothing else. Just like GTA Definitive Edition. I'm going to wait for reviews and a huge drop sale. A lot of people are blindingly pre-ordering the game (as I was about to do), but even as a huge fan of the original trilogy, I still don't "trust" in this "remaster", from the lack of more gameplay. Few hours until gameplay shows up from actual consumers, either being good or bad...

I think they just straight up got no budget for marketing, i have faith the games themselves will be fine, i do know review codes have gone out more than a week ago so we should learn how the games are soon.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

This is totally understandable. I personally don't trust any pre-orders nowadays but I'll be more than happy to dive in if the reviews are good.

On the topic of physical release I find it obvious that it will come later, given the company that owns the Tomb Raider IP also owns Limited Run Games (LRG). And that the developers of these remasters have released past titles digitally only with physical prints produced later.

Embargo for the remastered collection lifted today

On 2/4/2024 at 5:14 AM, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

We don't know. I would expect the PS4 versions to have lower resolution and longer load times. It could potentially be worse, like a 30fps cap for example. We'll have to wait and see.

Not really. This collection was confirmed 60fps (like 99% of remasters over the past few generations btw) quite a while ago. 

19 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

They've been posting a number of decent clips over several other non-youtube sites for a couple of weeks. They did also state earlier on that they would show off more of the remasters closer to launch. Speaking of which, there's some recent, substantial gameplay videos out now like the above.

3 minutes ago, Ssharif0402 said:

Does anybody know when the trophy lists will show up here?

Nope. In order to show up here, the developers need to upload their list to Sony so it can sync to PSN and then the site can pick it up and show it here. No one knows when they're going to do their part. Some trophy lists have shown up months or more ahead of release, some have come months after release.

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

On the topic of physical release I find it obvious that it will come later, given the company that owns the Tomb Raider IP also owns Limited Run Games (LRG). And that the developers of these remasters have released past titles digitally only with physical prints produced later.

Embargo for the remastered collection lifted today

Not really. This collection was confirmed 60fps (like 99% of remasters over the past few generations btw) quite a while ago. 

They've been posting a number of decent clips over several other non-youtube sites for a couple of weeks. They did also state earlier on that they would show off more of the remasters closer to launch. Speaking of which, there's some recent, substantial gameplay videos out now like the above.

It's only the Embargo for the Preview - first impressions from the first level in each game. We're not allowed to talk in detail about the game until the Review embargo lifts. 

3 hours ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

Switch version runs at 1080p with solid 60fps, so the PS4 version should be at least as good.

Why wouldn't it? Multiple games from the PS3 era got re released for PS4 and they all ran at 60FPS, this remaster is simply a new coat of paint on an old engine, the PS4 ran many games at a solid FPS....a new gen rolls in and people act like the last gen becomes unfunctional.

1 hour ago, Hinsusta said:

It's only the Embargo for the Preview - first impressions from the first level in each game. We're not allowed to talk in detail about the game until the Review embargo lifts. 

Do we know when that embargo lifts?

6 hours ago, Sunny said:

Why wouldn't it? Multiple games from the PS3 era got re released for PS4 and they all ran at 60FPS, this remaster is simply a new coat of paint on an old engine, the PS4 ran many games at a solid FPS....a new gen rolls in and people act like the last gen becomes unfunctional.

And you act like it was set in stone and obvious how this game was gonna run.

It is not "a new coat of paint on an old engine". Being able to switch between old and new graphics requires a modern engine wrapped around the old one. Stuff like that can be performance hungry and needs time and effort by the devs to run properly.

After my post I found out that the game is locked at 30 when played in old graphics mode (even on PS5). Probably because the original game has lot of its functions tied to framerate.

So there you go, part of the game actually runs at 30.

Edited by HAILtoSTARSCREAM