Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft (PS5|PS4)

Favorite of the original trilogy  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of the original trilogy

• Tomb Raider
    • Tomb Raider II
    • Tomb Raider III

As another topic of discussion... 

Does anyone have any information on the PS4 versions of the games? How will thet run on PS4 Pro code? 4k? 60fps? Like on PS5? Or will it be a 1440p resolution? 

I really would love to have Tomb Raider 2 Platinum since it is my all time favorite Tomb Raider game... And that PS5 trophy list is just insane, it could at least have one Platinum by completing all 3 games... 

Oh well, i will enjoy the hell out of these anyway! 

1 hour ago, carrey23 said:

yes you can and i do it too, because i want that Plat. :)

Normaly i dont care if a game has no Plat but TR is different to me.

Yeah i’m going to play the ps4 version on the ps5. I’m usually not too fussed about things like this and would normally just play the ps5 version. But the platinums look a fair bit of work and since there’s no real incentive to play the ps5 version other than quicker load times, i’ll happily play the ps4 version

6 hours ago, Platinum4312 said:

There is a total of 272 on PSN servers but PSNPROFILES has a trophy limit of 255 per title so there is 14 trophies that is not shown on here, so if you earned all 272 trophies on the ps5 you would be left with 14 hidden trophies on the site because psnprofiles cannot see these trophies

Just for clarification, this only affects the PS5 trophy list, correct? If you earn all trophies on PS4, you won't get an H?

57 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Just for clarification, this only affects the PS5 trophy list, correct? If you earn all trophies on PS4, you won't get an H?

Yes only the ps5 version is affected , a ps4 version of any game will never be affected because PSN has a trophy limit of 125 which is why the ps4 versions of Minecraft , Dead by daylight, etc.  have a second trophy list separate from the oringal 

• Like 1

Yeah this 255 trophy limit is really a bummer. For example I play FF14 on the PS5 and currently it has 159 trophies. It's only a matter of time before it hits that 255 cap, and it would be really annoying to have that blue H icon on my profile....

I'll definitely be going for the PS4 version of the games, even if the 255 trophy limit is soon to be fixed (as announced in another thread). Not necessarily because I want platinums, but because I like my list to be nice and organized. I'd rather have a clean layout with Tomb Raider I, Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider III, each with its own individual list. Not some huge blob awkwardly named "Tomb Raider I-III Remastered".

That's also a much better option if you're a completionist. You don't have to complete every single game of the trilogy if you don't want to.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Danyy___85 said:

As another topic of discussion... 

Does anyone have any information on the PS4 versions of the games? How will thet run on PS4 Pro code? 4k? 60fps? Like on PS5? Or will it be a 1440p resolution? 

I really would love to have Tomb Raider 2 Platinum since it is my all time favorite Tomb Raider game... And that PS5 trophy list is just insane, it could at least have one Platinum by completing all 3 games... 

Oh well, i will enjoy the hell out of these anyway! 

1440p not sure on FPS as I'm not as sensitive to it as others but it's definitely not as smooth on PS4. It's 4k 60fps on PS5

Classic mode is 30fps on both consoles

3 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

I'll definitely be going for the PS4 version of the games, even if the 255 trophy limit is soon to be fixed (as announced in another thread). Not necessarily because I want platinums, but because I like my list to be nice and organized. I'd rather have a clean layout with Tomb Raider I, Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider III, each with its own individual list. Not some huge blob awkwardly named "Tomb Raider I-III Remastered".

That's also a much better option if you're a completionist. You don't have to complete every single game of the trilogy if you don't want to.

Weird. I think the ps5 list looks better. The dlc isn't split in 3 for each game

18 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Even if I had a PS5 I would plump for the PS4 versions purely because of the seperate lists and superior art, the issues with the PS5 versions not having the full lists on this site and the lack of platinums just solidifies this for me.

I'd be surprised by anyone still just getting the PS5 versions, what benefits are you going to see on a remaster on a game that is (at the least) 26 years old?

Higher FPS.

Higher resolution

Better lighting and shadows

Edited by RedDevil757

4 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Weird. I think the ps5 list looks better. The dlc isn't split in 3 for each game

The DLCs may be split in 2 or 3 DLC lists, but at least you have a main game list, dlc lists and a platinum.

On PS5 you have an empty main game list, and everything else is a DLC list. Which is why there is no platinum.

PS5 seems way weirder to me.

6 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

6 hours ago, Doom said:

The DLCs may be split in 2 or 3 DLC lists, but at least you have a main game list, dlc lists and a platinum.

The perfect scenario would have been if PS5 had three separate lists too as it would have had the expansions as one DLC each, rather than being split. PS4 lists have a cap on how many trophies can be added per DLC which meant they needed to be split.

Perhaps a nitpick but I also prefer the icons/cover artwork used for the PS5 lists (excluding the main one) as the PS4 ones are a bit squished with Lara even covering some of the logos. PS4 doesn’t use the original UK logos either while PS5 does, so that’s a bit weird. 

So yeah, neither choice is “perfect” really but PS4 is definitely preferable for me as I prefer games not to share lists, and of course because there are platinums. 

52 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

The perfect scenario would have been if PS5 had three separate lists too as it would have had the expansions as one DLC each, rather than being split. PS4 lists have a cap on how many trophies can be added per DLC which meant they needed to be split.

Perhaps a nitpick but I also prefer the icons/cover artwork used for the PS5 lists (excluding the main one) as the PS4 ones are a bit squished with Lara even covering some of the logos. PS4 doesn’t use the original UK logos either while PS5 does, so that’s a bit weird. 

So yeah, neither choice is “perfect” really but PS4 is definitely preferable for me as I prefer games not to share lists, and of course because there are platinums. 

I disagree. I think it looks much neater on one page. I don't like how the PS4 games split the dlc, it looks a mess.

It would have been nice if there was trophies that were across the 3 games and then the platinum when you finished the whole set.

I think people on here think far to much of a platinum. People will play an inferior version just to get a trophy that they'll never look at again.

7 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

(1 line = 1 game, no stacking, no weird bundle...).

Yet you was fine with Assassins creed chronicles? Surely by your logic you would have played the single version of each game.

Let's get it straight here. This is about the platinum trophy. Nothing else. If it was a bundle with 3 none separate platinums. You wouldn't be complaining.

Edited by RedDevil757
Formatting

53 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

disagree. I think it looks much neater on one page. I don't like how the PS4 games split the dlc, it looks a mess.

It would have been nice if there was trophies that were across the 3 games and then the platinum when you finished the whole set.

I think people on here think far to much of a platinum. People will play an inferior version just to get a trophy that they'll never look at again.

I don’t like the DLC split on PS4 either. That’s what I was saying. That’s why (in my opinion) neither the PS4 lists nor the PS5 list are perfect in this case.

I think another thing to point out is that PS trophies have done collections like these with separate lists per game since the beginning, so suddenly changing that is bound to go against the grain. If I were to guess the original reason for that choice, I would say it’s the existence of platinum trophies. They were designed as a bonus for mastering a game’s trophies. So since collections are of multiple games, it makes sense to have multiple platinums. 

I’ve never liked the way Xbox, Steam etc. handle it with hundreds upon hundreds of achievements in one list. It’s overwhelming and hard to find anything (Master Chief Collection for example), but since they don’t have a platinum equivalent they didn’t really need to separate them.

P.S. Also I might be sad but I do sometimes go back and look at my past trophies, especially platinums. 😅

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

Yet you was fine with Assassins creed chronicles? Surely by your logic you would have played the single version of each game.

Let's get it straight here. This is about the platinum trophy. Nothing else. If it was a bundle with 3 none separate platinums. You wouldn't be complaining.

Yup, perfectly fine with that. AC Chronicles is just one game with three episodes, basically. The complete edition on Vita looked neater and less messy to me in that regard. The platinum was obviously a plus, though not a deciding factor. If that's enough to trigger you, just wait till I platinum The Walking Dead Definitive Edition instead of every separate season and spin-off, because I'm totally doing it. 😂

Also I'm not complaining about anything, I've simply stated my preference for the PS4 versions in this particular case and explained why. You're obviously free to disagree.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

37 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

I don’t like the DLC split on PS4 either. That’s what I was saying. That’s why (in my opinion) neither the PS4 lists nor the PS5 list are perfect in this case.

I think another thing to point out is that PS trophies have done collections like these with separate lists per game since the beginning, so suddenly changing that is bound to go against the grain. If I were to guess the original reason for that choice, I would say it’s the existence of platinum trophies. They were designed as a bonus for mastering a game’s trophies. So since collections are of multiple games, it makes sense to have multiple platinums. 

I’ve never liked the way Xbox, Steam etc. handle it with hundreds upon hundreds of achievements in one list. It’s overwhelming and hard to find anything (Master Chief Collection for example), but since they don’t have a platinum equivalent they didn’t really need to separate them.

P.S. Also I might be sad but I do sometimes go back and look at my past trophies, especially platinums. 😅

They're retro games. Plenty of retro game collections share a list. A lot of them don't have a platinum either. It's nothing new

16 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Yup, perfectly fine with that. AC Chronicles is just one game with three episodes, basically. The complete edition on Vita looked neater and less messy to me in that regard. The platinum was obviously a plus, though not a deciding factor. If that's enough to trigger you, just wait till I platinum The Walking Dead Definitive Edition instead of every separate season and spin-off, because I'm totally doing it. 😂

Also I'm not complaining about anything, I've simply stated my preference for the PS4 versions in this particular case and explained why. You're obviously free to disagree.

I'm not triggered by anything. I was just pointing out the inconsistency in what you said.

Just say you want 3 platinums. You don't need to justify that to yourself or me or anyone.

As a gamer I just find it strange that people would choose to play an inferior version of a game when they've access to the better version.

24 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Just started the ps4 version. Runs real smooth👌

Not as smooth as the PS5 version. I don't think it's 30fps but it's not a locked 60fps

Edited by RedDevil757

8 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

1440p not sure on FPS as I'm not as sensitive to it as others but it's definitely not as smooth on PS4. It's 4k 60fps on PS5

Classic mode is 30fps on both consoles

I have made my test, and it is indeed 1440p On PS4 with PS4 Pro code. 1080p on OG PS4. The remastered is 60fps on PS4 Pro, with PS5 backcompat it keeps the 60fps rock solid. And like you said, 30 FPS on classic, it screen tears a lot though in this mode... 

Lighting and shadows are better quality on PS5, but just slightly and also due to resolution beeing 4k. 

The rest is all the same, you don't lose much by downgrading to PS4 version. It's really not a big deal like most games nowadays where you lose a lot by going PS4.  

1 hour ago, Danyy___85 said:

I have made my test, and it is indeed 1440p On PS4 with PS4 Pro code. 1080p on OG PS4. The remastered is 60fps on PS4 Pro, with PS5 backcompat it keeps the 60fps rock solid. And like you said, 30 FPS on classic, it screen tears a lot though in this mode... 

Lighting and shadows are better quality on PS5, but just slightly and also due to resolution beeing 4k. 

The rest is all the same, you don't lose much by downgrading to PS4 version. It's really not a big deal like most games nowadays where you lose a lot by going PS4.  

You must be playing a different game to me. The PS4 version doesn't feel as smooth. So I'd be surprised if it's 60fps

Edited by RedDevil757

6 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

They're retro games. Plenty of retro game collections share a list. A lot of them don't have a platinum either. It's nothing new

More often than not trilogies get separate lists. It’s not like this is an arcade game collection or something. So yeah, it is unusual.