Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft (PS5|PS4)

Favorite of the original trilogy  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of the original trilogy

• Tomb Raider
    • Tomb Raider II
    • Tomb Raider III

Beyond ludicrous. All those trophies lumped together, no platinum and not even any golds? The PS5 trophy system may be imperfect but the GTA Trilogy and the recent MGS Collection didn't have this issue, completely dumb on the part of the devs. I get that trophies aren't a high priority but this seems careless.

Edited by Conor
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

@Sly Ripper You can't ignore the problem anymore. Need to address the 255 trophy limit. Please acknowledge and address the problem.

Yes he can. As long as the majority of the traffic on the site is consistent, why would he mess with something that could potentially break the site completely? If it was an easy fix, he'd have done it when the ps5 launched.

So, unless you can convince a health portion of the site's userbase to stop visiting it, I think Sly will continue to ignore it. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Conor said:

Beyond ludicrous. All those trophies lumped together, no platinum and not even any golds? The PS5 trophy system may be imperfect but the GTA Trilogy and the recent MGS Collection didn't have this issue, completely dumb on the part of the devs. I get that trophies aren't a high priority but this seems careless.

I haven't played the mgs collection, but I read that each game is its own separate icon/game which is how they get around it.  This is bundled like the crash trilogy where you play any one of the 3 games from the same launcher, which is why there's this dumb issue

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boni_Neto said:

I'll stick with the PS4 versions. Don't care much if it's 30fps or whatever, it's freaking classic Tomb Raider, first games had even lower resolutions and stuff like that

It's 30fps with classic visuals and 60fps with modern

14 minutes ago, Conor said:

The best part is they claim they are proud and realy cared about the trophies/achievements 😂

12 minutes ago, illuminati1556 said:

I haven't played the mgs collection, but I read that each game is its own separate icon/game which is how they get around it. 

Indeed, they should have just done that. Aspyr's been making some daft moves recently

17 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Yes he can. As long as the majority of the traffic on the site is consistent, why would he mess with something that could potentially break the site completely? If it was an easy fix, he'd have done it when the ps5 launched.

So, unless you can convince a health portion of the site's userbase to stop visiting it, I think Sly will continue to ignore it. 

When the PS5 launched, there were no games that exceeded the 255 limit, thus addressing the problem that may not exist then made no sense. Since then, several games have exceeded that limit, this is now the first title to exceed that limit out of the gate. It's clearly something that needs to be done to future-proof the site.

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Think it’s more likely my cat will recite the Gettysburg Address. :P 

I sadly don't doubt it.

While having no platinum is a letdown, 269 trophies (one of the most rewarding games ever in that matter) is still impressive, and by the sheer number you see they really cared if you look at the descriptions.

The 255 trophy limit however sucks.

2 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

When the PS5 launched, there were no games that exceeded the 255 limit, thus addressing the problem that may not exist then made no sense. Since then, several games have exceeded that limit, this is now the first title to exceed that limit out of the gate. It's clearly something that needs to be done to future-proof the site.

Which games are affected? This one and Train Sim 2? Is there a third?

14 minutes ago, madbuk said:

...They clearly did though? You don't come up with over 100 criteria per game if you don't care.

Not going to argue with that, but they clearly dropped the ball when it came to how to correctly implement it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I sadly don't doubt it.

I don't think you realize what would need to happen to fix this. He would probably need to rebuild the coding of the site from the ground up. He's not going to do that for a few games and a couple of people crying about it, and I wouldn't blame him. 

255 trophies is the limit for a reason. 

Like I said, start a petition to significantly reduce traffic on the site. That'll be the only way you get him to budge.

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I don't think you realize what would need to happen to fix this. He would probably need to rebuild the coding of the site from the ground up. He's not going to do that for a few games and a couple of people crying about it, and I wouldn't blame him. 

Like I said, start a petition to significantly reduce traffic on the site. That'll be the only way you get him to budge.

As a developer myself now I realy want to know why this is such a big issue, that if needed to be fixed it needs to rebuild from the ground up.

A lot of that is shouting, badly developed tho, but maybe there is a realy good reason to it, thats why I wanne know :)

9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I'm not a developer, but if I'm not mistaken a 255 limit is usually an indicator of a 8-bit system. I don't doubt it is a pain to do, but this is one of those problems that will only get worse.

It reminds me of the Austin Power scene where everyone is screaming to get out of the way of the Zamboni, but the guy just stands there til it crushes him.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I believe this is not that big of a deal for him to fix. I'm not a premium suscriber, but I undestand how people that are feel really frustrated this isn't fixed yet. And it's only going to get worse.

You're right about that though, as long as people keep using this site despite the lack of needed updates, it's not going to change. Personally, I've been lately using (URL not allowed) a lot. It still has a long way to go, but it's getting pretty good.

EDIT: I see PSNProfiles is now auto-blocking the sole mention of other trophy tracking sites... pretty sad but this says a lot about the state of this site.

Edited by leandrorhcp

6 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

I believe this is not that big of a deal for him to fix. I'm not a premium suscriber, but I undestand how people that are feel really frustrated this isn't fixed yet. And it's only going to get worse.

You're right about that though, as long as people keep using this site despite the lack of needed updates, it's not going to change. Personally, I've been lately using (URL not allowed) a lot. It still has a long way to go, but it's getting pretty good.

EDIT: I see PSNProfiles is now auto-blocking the sole mention of other trophy tracking sites... pretty sad but this says a lot about the state of this site.

Pocket blank

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bunkerbudy said:

As a developer myself now I realy want to know why this is such a big issue, that if needed to be fixed it needs to rebuild from the ground up.

A lot of that is shouting, badly developed tho, but maybe there is a realy good reason to it, thats why I wanne know :)

If you are a developer, then you should know the significance of the number 255. That should give you an idea how this site is built.

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm not a developer, but if I'm not mistaken a 255 limit is usually an indicator of a 8-bit system. I don't doubt it is a pain to do, but this is one of those problems that will only get worse.

It reminds me of the Austin Power scene where everyone is screaming to get out of the way of the Zamboni, but the guy just stands there til it crushes him.

I'm pretty sure that's it. I also agree that it will only get worse. 

Sly doesn't even profit share or pay his mods. That should tell you everything you need to know. This site will need to be on fire before he fixes a problem this deep.

Edited by Kittens Are Awesome
  • Like 1