What does your trophy collection say about YOU?

Karnacharya

5 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

@yuber1234

A Japanophile, Certified Heart Stealer and Investigation Team member, but likes to dip a toe in the West for the big ones!

You play both cheaper and more expensive games and you seem to like jrpgs quite a bit. Not too picky on what genre a game is though.

Edited by charxsetsuna
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

You play both cheaper and more expensive games and you seem to like jrpgs quite a bit. Not too picky on what genre a game is though.

Prone to starting games and playing them for a bit, before dropping them. I assume if it doesn't hold your interest, you won't keep playing it to completion, because you're sane enough to know it's not worth the effort.

Needless to say, outside of being casual, your platinums are either average in difficulty, or are games that were good enough to keep your attention that long, whatever the reason. 

Now go finish FFXIII—

Edited by Vermilion_Joker

• 6 months later...
On 2/11/2021 at 10:51 AM, jiichangmin said:

likes japanese games, big completionist  

Got the ps5 for Christmas and took off on playing games. Completion rating is shaky with some being from easier narrative games like Life is Strange but also having the dead by daylight and Hollow knight platinums. So it’s not a question bout being unable to go for 100% and more about most of the games not holding your interest to go that far.

alright, gonna make a first attempt at dr. freud here despite not being very good at analyzing profiles...checked your games and stats page for a few minutes and here's my interpretation of what your collection says about you...*lights cigar*

first, I see few trophies earned between 5 - 9 a.m. but a regular earning for most other hours of the day on most days of the week...there also seems to be a consistent slow down between the months of nov-may and an influx in the summer months...this leads me to think that you are or were a college/uni student...slow downs during exam times?...you have very few multiplayer centered games or trophies so this hints at you being a bit of an introvert...

*slowly puffs on cigar*...you likely have success outside of gaming or are headed towards a successful career...I say this because it appears to me that you know which kind of stuff you like and that you seem to try to choose games that you think you'll enjoy or have a certain nostalgia factor as primary criteria in playing them...you are not willing to compromise this for the sake of numbers like rarity or rank on the leaderboards here...you have a few more obscure titles which, to me, indicates open-mindedness, that your involvement in communities like this have been a positive influence, and perhaps that you also enjoy spending some time reading up on games...likely you've been an avid gamer for quite some time and possibly even before psn trophies were introduced...based on your choice of games, I'm guessing achieving your %100 rate has been satisfying and enjoyable and that you've gambled right on the games you've chosen...your attitude towards %100 doesn't appear to be obsessive but more the idea that success = knowing where your passion lies and putting your heart into striving to maintain something you might define as "effortlessly enjoyable"...excellent profile imo...keep up the good work...

*puts out cigar*...haha...am I close?...*coughs*

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

On 9/6/2021 at 1:53 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

alright, gonna make a first attempt at dr. freud here despite not being very good at analyzing profiles...checked your games and stats page for a few minutes and here's my interpretation of what your collection says about you...*lights cigar*

first, I see few trophies earned between 5 - 9 a.m. but a regular earning for most other hours of the day on most days of the week...there also seems to be a consistent slow down between the months of nov-may and an influx in the summer months...this leads me to think that you are or were a college/uni student...slow downs during exam times?...you have very few multiplayer centered games or trophies so this hints at you being a bit of an introvert...

*slowly puffs on cigar*...you likely have success outside of gaming or are headed towards a successful career...I say this because it appears to me that you know which kind of stuff you like and that you seem to try to choose games that you think you'll enjoy or have a certain nostalgia factor as primary criteria in playing them...you are not willing to compromise this for the sake of numbers like rarity or rank on the leaderboards here...you have a few more obscure titles which, to me, indicates open-mindedness, that your involvement in communities like this have been a positive influence, and perhaps that you also enjoy spending some time reading up on games...likely you've been an avid gamer for quite some time and possibly even before psn trophies were introduced...based on your choice of games, I'm guessing achieving your %100 rate has been satisfying and enjoyable and that you've gambled right on the games you've chosen...your attitude towards %100 doesn't appear to be obsessive but more the idea that success = knowing where your passion lies and putting your heart into striving to maintain something you might define as "effortlessly enjoyable"...excellent profile imo...keep up the good work...

*puts out cigar*...haha...am I close?...*coughs*

10/10

You have not only a lot of platinum trophies, but a lot of rare plats. That and an over 96 percent completion rate puts you in the top tier as far as I am concerned.

• 5 months later...
On 9/13/2021 at 9:17 AM, riku1274 said:

10/10

You have not only a lot of platinum trophies, but a lot of rare plats. That and an over 96 percent completion rate puts you in the top tier as far as I am concerned.

You have a good collection it’s obvious you tend to stick closer to IPs your familiar with. You don’t seem to put to much focus into completing the games 100% with most of them being pretty “medium to light” difficulty games. You have more plats than 100% which also gives me the idea you don’t tend to go back to dlc for games very often. 

Edited by ArtisticGeek

1 hour ago, ArtisticGeek said:

You have a good collection it’s obvious you tend to stick closer to IPs your familiar with. You don’t seem to put to much focus into completing the games 100% with most of them being pretty “medium to light” difficulty games. You have more plats than 100% which also gives me the idea you don’t tend to go back to dlc for games very often. 

What can I say... variety is the spice of life? I think you have figured out how to keep things interesting. Instead of getting bogged down playing the same genre over and over you experiment with the various options available to you. Your taste in indie horror games is exceptional with titles such as Outlast, Layers of Fear, Little Nightmares, Limbo, Inside, Soma etc. under your belt. (Btw have you tried Amnesia the Dark Descent? Highly recommend it). While numbers are important to you, they are not the driving force. Your desire for completion stems from an unfiltered passion towards the idea of getting the most enjoyment out of every game you start. You don't see dlc as a burden, rather it's another reason to continue the journey. 

(I know someone already commented on your profile but I enjoyed looking through your games nonetheless... plus I figured I would keep this thread going). 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, z99f said:

What can I say... variety is the spice of life? I think you have figured out how to keep things interesting. Instead of getting bogged down playing the same genre over and over you experiment with the various options available to you. Your taste in indie horror games is exceptional with titles such as Outlast, Layers of Fear, Little Nightmares, Limbo, Inside, Soma etc. under your belt. (Btw have you tried Amnesia the Dark Descent? Highly recommend it). While numbers are important to you, they are not the driving force. Your desire for completion stems from an unfiltered passion towards the idea of getting the most enjoyment out of every game you start. You don't see dlc as a burden, rather it's another reason to continue the journey. 

(I know someone already commented on your profile but I enjoyed looking through your games nonetheless... plus I figured I would keep this thread going). 

Hmmm, let's see...

Im getting...

...An Ultra-Rare fetishist with strong Fighting Game credentials and a penchant for Japanese art styles?

The dedication to series (particularly the ones originating in the PS2 / PS3 era) shows a lot of game loyalty - you like to stick with franchises that gave you fun in the past - GoW, Ratchet, Sly, Jak etc.)

Not too into the arthouse or small-game indie scene, but quite partial to the more esoteric or niché elements of the bigger publisher scene.

Seems you are well versed in the true titanic games (Last of Us / Uncharted / God of War) but not necessarily a 'AAA' gamer at heart - you are most at home with the more B-Side, more interesting or unusual 'cult-status' elements of the big publisher scene (Far Cry 2 / Motorstorm / Time Crisis / Quantum Theory / IL-2 Sturmovik)

did I get close? :hmm:?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hmmm, let's see...

Im getting...

...An Ultra-Rare fetishist with strong Fighting Game credentials and a penchant for Japanese art styles?

The dedication to series (particularly the ones originating in the PS2 / PS3 era) shows a lot of game loyalty - you like to stick with franchises that gave you fun in the past - GoW, Ratchet, Sly, Jak etc.)

Not too into the arthouse or small-game indie scene, but quite partial to the more esoteric or niché elements of the bigger publisher scene.

Seems you are well versed in the true titanic games (Last of Us / Uncharted / God of War) but not necessarily a 'AAA' gamer at heart - you are most at home with the more B-Side, more interesting or unusual 'cult-status' elements of the big publisher scene (Far Cry 2 / Motorstorm / Time Crisis / Quantum Theory / IL-2 Sturmovik)

did I get close? :hmm:1f602.png

- (Whoever sees this next, please refer to the user above this post to keep the flow of the thread going). -

Haha, I have always enjoyed the more "B-esque" side of gaming (it's where some of the best ideas are cultivated imo).

Your attention to detail is spot-on. Couldn't have said it better myself. :D 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 9:33 AM, Blood-Stalker1 said:

Someone that like a good story 

and loves j-games

Completionist at heart and really enjoys fps' of all variety but doesn't shy away from trying out different genres. Also a fan of collecting ultra-rare trohpies and dabbling with awesome Vita games; Great profile all around and congrats on getting your hands on a PS5 this year. 10/10 profile in my eyes ?

• 5 weeks later...