Do you game close to your screen or at a distance ?

amurnin100

17 minutes ago, Helyx said:

My TVs are usually spaced 15+ feet from the viewing area.

That's a huge distance! What about small font on-screen texts - can you read them? I usually sit about 5 feet from the 65in tv and sometimes I feel I could be closer (mostly in text heavy games).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

That's a huge distance! What about small font on-screen texts - can you read them? I usually sit about 5 feet from the 65in tv and sometimes I feel I could be closer (mostly in text heavy games).

I live in an old house with large rooms (and high ceilings). The smallest TV in the house is 55", and there's only one chair within 8 foot of that particular screen.

I do have a little 12" TV in the kitchen at the bar. If I sat on the stool, I might be 2-3 feet away.

Never have issues with subtitles (I use them on everything, even English speaking media) or menus/UIs.

• Like 2

I've got a 55 inch TV, I usually sit about 5 feet from it when gaming. 

Partly because I have really poor eyesight even with glasses (ironically probably due to the fact I sit so close to the damn TV) but also because I'm easily distracted by other things going on around me if I don't have the screen filling up my entire vision. Sitting close allows me to focus and also see the screen much more clearly. 

If I'm just watching TV, then yeah, I'll sit much further back. 

• Like 1

I sit pretty close to my screen (probably a foot away if I had to guess) cause I've been playing on my dual 27'in monitor PC setup for around a year now. The tv in my gaming room shit itself last year and I've been too lazy to buy another one since then. Even then though, I don't really like to game on big ass screens personally. I don't game on anything bigger than like 42'-47'in screen anyways cause I like to sit pretty close regardless of whether or not it's a pc screen or a tv.  

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

My TVs are usually spaced 15+ feet from the viewing area.

Damn man, you use binos to see your screen from that far back lol? 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522u17wvu5oks12wa149

• Like 1

I'm only about 4 feet away with a 43" TV. I wear glasses, but I can't comfortably read things or see fine details in games if I'm too far away, I'm near sighted so my astigmatism still gets in the way the farther something is away from me. My room is pretty big, but I have my recliner like in the middle closer to the TV...it looks a little strange, but I can't put it farther back and still not feel like I have to get up and get closer to the TV sometimes, this prevents that. I also have a 32" computer monitor to the right of my dresser the TV is on. So I just use a wireless keyboard, and I have a small table next to me where my mouse sits...so this is just were I sit to play games, watch TV and browse the net at the same time, works as my little station. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

I have a 65" tv (don't ask me how I got it home in my small car) in my living room and my couch is probably 6-8 ft away. I used to play from my bed at my parents house where I had a 43" tv and I would have only been about 4 ft away. I miss that. I also miss that tv but it tried to set itself on fire after having it for a decade while playing Bloodborne with the bf. 

• Like 1

I'm about 3 metres away from my tv, as i live in a flat and that is the distance between the couch and the tv. 

I like to play close to the TV anyway. Even in my parents house which is massive and the couch is very far from the TV, I would grab cushions and sit on the floor in front of the TV, so overall I like to sit close to the TV. 

• Like 1

Going by the below information, I should be viewing my TV from 6.25 feet away.

But I actually sit more than that - about 7.50 feet. But I'm fine with that. I can see.

TV size Viewing distance range (approx.)
49 inch 75 inches (6.23 feet)
50 inch 75 inches (6.25 feet)
55 inch 83 inches (6.92 feet)
60 inch 90 inches (7.55 feet)

4K TV'S (quite different than above)

TV size Viewing distance range (approx.)
43 inch 35 inches (2.95 feet)
49 inch 39 inches (3.28 feet)
55 inch 39 inches (3.28 feet)
65 inch 47 inches (3.94 feet)
75 inch 55 inches (4.59 feet)
85 inch 63 inches (5.25 feet)

Anyone here with a 100 inch screen, just park your bum outside your house, and you'll see just fine 🤣

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Haha 1