What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

Spending 49€ for DJ Hero with its turntable on Wii a few years ago. And I didn't enjoy it, as the buttons are too soft. Now it's easy to find that bundle for 9~19€

Spending more time playing Team Fortress 2 than better games during my free time

Though I adore TF2 (165 hours spent...), I slowed down the my playing time since I realized the time spent for this "infinite/unfinishable" game could be used to finish my numerous other games I haven't touched yet.

Playing Spiral Knights. 1300 hours just for the developers to give up on the game and start releasing endless premium reskins instead of playable content.

When I was younger I made quite a few dumb mistakes; entrusted a kid with my gamecube and he managed to 'accidentally' delete all of my Animal Crossing data including the special data that comes with the card, bought FFVII dirge of cerberus thinking it was FFVII, and I traded a shiny charizard card for a moltres too.. I guess that counts as gaming.

Edited by Light-and-magic
  • Like 1

When I was a lot younger we got a my parents bought a desktop PC which I quite liked.  To get some games for it my Dad talked me into trading in my Megadrive and super nintendo and loads of games (about 5 years of Christmas and Birthday presents), me being 11 thought this might be a good idea as my Dad had never steered me wrong before.  We got around £180 for it but I was only allowed to buy educational stuff.  He also made me buy a clipart set at £70 as I could use it for school.  I have never forgiven him for that.

• Like 2

Buying and playing The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Escape Dead Island and Rambo the video game on the PS3.

These games make Rogue Warrior look like a masterpiece and we all know how bad Rogue Warrior is!!!

:facepalm:

Edited by adam-1996_911
  • Like 1

The very first time I played Persona 4 Golden, I started the game on "Very Hard" difficulty. I did not grind at all throughout the game, and as a result, I don't think I've ever had to theorycraft as much I did in order to carefully plan out my exact buff-debuff-attack-defend rotations in order to survive boss battles.

Getting the PS2 right around when it came out with Gran Turismo 3 (iirc?) and a Moto X game.  I think I was 8 or 9 years old.  I forgot to mention the memory card thing to my Mom.  She wouldn't understand unless I specifically told her as she doesn't get video games too much.  She had already scrounged money to get me the system so I waited two months for her to be able to buy the ($40 I think) memory card.

Kept my PS2 running for days and days endlessly because I couldn't save my game.  Guess how well that turned out.  :facepalm:

I would have to say that one of my biggest mistakes in gaming has been trying to be a smart ass in Uncharted Drake's Fortune by using one of my friends save files to go for the "crushing" trophy. I played the entire game and kept wondering why i wasn't getting any trophies and i realized that the "medals" were already unlocked so the trophies wont unlock. So i end up having to play the game 3 times this weekend! "Normal" to unlock almost all of the trophies and then do a "hard" play-through to unlock crushing. And finally play  the game on crushing mode. so yeah never again will i do that. But the good thing is I just got the platinum for it  :)  :)