What if trophies/achievements never existed?

I wouldn't never of played a lot of games all the way through. Trophies has in some ways opened up a whole new world to me. I'd probaly would only be playing madden and a baseball game like i used to do in my ps2 days.

In summary. Trophies has alowed me to try games i normaslly wouldn't. they are so much fun to collect.

• Like 1

I think games without trophies would be better. Honestly too many people place trophies over playing a game. I've seen people skip over good games because they wouldn't be able to complete them. Do you really need to get a trophy in a game that means literally nothing. I have a few platinum trophies, but they are from games i thoroughly enjoyed playing. I also have games with 0-2 trophies i didn't enjoy. No big deal.

• Like 1

I'd still be playing the games I play as nearly everyone has stated (and just as much.) Well, maybe if the trophies didn't exist that would definitely free up more time for me to play games I've already platted again. There was a time when trophies did not exist and I enjoyed the games over and over again so...yep.

All life as we know it would come to an end! lol No, as much as I love trophies, I'd probably be having more fun, playing better games, and replaying them, and be less distracted from the game itself. That said, I don't want trophies to go away. 

• Like 1

I'd still play them. After all, PS1 and PS2 never had them. I feel like people who want trophies nowadays will do all the sidequests and stuff that they wouldn't have before, and people who don't want to won't. But we wouldn't know any different if there was never trophies, so of course, we'd all still be playing.

Without trophies there would be a ton of collectables just laying throughout my game worlds. Before trophies there would be stuff unlocked in game for getting all collectables and there still is in a few games but for most games it's hours wasted and usually a bronze trophy for your effort. :shakefist:

Edited by monkeydluffy512
  • Like 1

I'd play the same games just would have lost out on some multiple playthroughs. Also probably wouldnt have finished some single player storys that I have irl. But the big thing is I'd probably go back and play some games that dont have trophies a lot more!

If trophies never existed i'd still be playing the same games. I only play games that i actually want to play, not because of the trophies. Even before trophies, i was a completionist and would want to do & unlock everything in a game. That's fun to me and the way i play games. Trophies just add to that.

My gaming habits wouldn't change much, I'd just play online a hell of a lot less (Almost never actually), but my choice of games would remain the same. Trophies/achievements have never been an incentive for me, but I will go for a platinum/1000/100% if I enjoy a game enough, although getting the Dead Nation platinum again is going to be annoying.

My games would probably last me 10% as long as they do now. As soon as a game made me get frustrated or bored, I would move on to the next one because there would be no incentive to keep playing.  Also I would never play online because I find single player more fun, and multiplayer matches usually end up being too stressful for my liking. 

Honestly I am unsure of how I would feel, one side of me would feel more at ease to just play a game without worrying if I am missing a collectable, servers shutting down, doing unnecessary things that make you wonder why am I doing this again!? ...oh the platinum. The other feeling is that some trophies actually help me be encouraged to go on and experience what other great content I might had missed if I never had went to try best to go for this or that trophy. At last, what I am certain is that with the addition of trophies it feels rewarding in the end while playing a game I am enjoying ( I sometimes even do a Chun Li "Yatta!" victory pose or dance if no one is looking when I receive a platinum ^-^ ), it makes me happy having to accomplish certain tasks that I would most likely never would have attempted. I make the decisions in what games I purchase that interest me and not by how quickly and easily I can get a certain platinum/trophies, I enjoy my time with them and always strive to do my best in collecting trophies!

I'd probably spend less time on single player games, that being said I only go after the trophies for a game I enjoyed.....I never try to think of the trophies until I'm done with my first play-through of a game or that I've played it long enough to want to look at the trophy list and say 'yup i'm up for that'

Without trophies I would probably spend more time than I am now on multiplayer games....trying to do all the challenges and getting to the highest rank on those..