Do you want more Xbox games on PlayStation?

vanessaking2

I always found Halo campaigns to be pretty mid. They're enjoyable, all right, but I was never a fan of the weapons and the stories and world never really appealed to me either. I always assumed people loved them for the multiplayer. The campaigns have their moments but Gears were always the #1 Xbox solo campaigns for me. That's a series of legit 8/10 campaigns throughout, at least for their time. PlayStation AAA fans should want those games.  

I tried getting into Infinite Undiscovery twice but I found it very uninteresting. Some people seem to love every JRPG out there though and it is one.

The only consistently good series of exclusive games Xbox has right now are Gears of War and Forza, both of which will probably never leave the platform despite the rumours. The Ori series is great but that's already come to Switch. Given the general mediocrity with which Xbox has handled the rest of its legacy first party and its acquisitions so far I have little hope for anything being worth checking out on anything other than the tenner I can drop on a month of Game Pass to play like what I did with Starfield. Furthermore I did drop a sizeable chunk of change on the Series X so I would be annoyed to have yet another expensive paperweight in my collection.

Edited by Conor
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not really a fan of many "classic" Xbox franchises, but the teams Microsoft has scooped up have a lot of game series I like.  Kinda disappointed they got Zenimax (MachineGames and Arkane Studios specifically).

20 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Anything but Halo, to this day I still don't understand what led to its popularity. Easily one of the most overrated game series of all time. When it first came out, all of the nerds were creaming their panties acting like they'd never seen a video game before. So yeah, they can keep Halo.

Name five better FPS games.

18 hours ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Not really.

Wouldn't mind Ori and Retro Replay though. But I'll keep my expectations low so I'm chill either way.

"No I don't want Xbox games but actually I'd like..."

This you?

Anything from a third party studio should stay multiplat. They can add timed exclusivity windows or trivial exclusive content but people on all platforms should get to play as many games as possible.

3 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

"No I don't want Xbox games but actually I'd like..."

This you?

Comprehension issues? Binary logic doesn't compute? Try reading again maybe. You'll get there, I'm sure.

Which parts of "not really" and "wouldn't mind" do you consider mutually exclusive btw?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Name five better FPS games.

Bulletstorm is one prime example, multiplayer was a mess but the single player campaign was fun with quite creative kills. Story was fun as well. All Halo has is environments that all looked alike and way too many annoying dwarf sized alien enemies that sound like helium inhaling munchkins taking corn cobs up their hoohahs. That gets quite repetitive and dull in all honesty.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Anyone that says Halo is bad or anything of the sort (barring maybe post-Bungie Halo) is trippin'. lol

Tell me something, has someone you know ever constantly subjected you to endless babble about Halo where it got to the point where it's all that he talks about for months on end? I was and I got sick and tired of hearing about Halo, this walking diaper stain wouldn't shut the hell up about it. So yeah, I got good reasons to be annoyed with it. When I met up with this friend (ex-friend now but for entirely unrelated matters) I knew, that's all he would talk about and all he would play. Even the best games I like if I'd done what he did I'd eventually get tired of, he never gave Halo a break. Ever. However, I found a way one day to shut him up for good but it was quite drastic even by my unorthodox standards.

Prior to Halo 2 coming out, this guy wouldn't shut up about how he was going to buy the $150 special edition version that had a life sized Master Queef helmet among the game's extras. He was so in love with Halo that he said he was going to bring the helmet over to my place, totally oblivious to the fact that I was tired of hearing about Halo. So I had finally had enough and I snapped at him and told him that if he brought the helmet over to my place that I'd take a shit in it. He looked shocked, telling me he thought I was bluffing. So I said: "You want to try me? Then bring it by and find out." He never did, for it was then that he knew I wasn't bluffing. After that, he shut his pie hole around me when it came to Halo too. I had to go to extremes to get one of the most fanatical Halo fanboys of all time to shut the fuck up, so yeah I've got a damned good reason for hating that franchise. He pissed me off so bad that yes, if he had brought that Master Queef helmet over to my place I would've definitely taken a big steaming shit in it. 💩

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

so yeah I've got a damned good reason for hating that franchise.

I wouldn't consider that a good reason (or at least a mature and rational one, anyway), even if I completely understand getting annoyed with someone who won't shut up about something, but to each their own.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zephrese said:

I wouldn't consider that a good reason (or at least a mature and rational one, anyway), even if I completely understand getting annoyed with someone who won't shut up about something, but to each their own.

Having something, anything shoved down one's throat constantly will do that to anyone (even more so if they never liked it to begin with), to be honest I think you're simply saying it's not a good, mature, and rational reason is because of how much you like Halo. Thankfully not as much as that crazed fanatic I know of, but still I recognize that shocked and disbelieving "How can anyone possibly hate Halo?" look anywhere. From the get go, some but thankfully not all Halo fans became quite fanatic and obsessive. I even got a death threat once from someone for simply saying that I don't like Halo. That can also add to one's disgust over said game series. Has someone ever given you a death threat for simply saying you didn't like something that they liked? Hopefully not, all I'm saying is that my reasons for not liking Halo are far more legitimate than you realize.

Some people like me actually despise Halo, no game series not even that one is universally loved as in by 100% of the population. In fact, nothing is. That's life. For example, my girlfriend doesn't like one of my all time favorite movies but I'm not bothered by it. In fact, quite a few people I know offline don't like said movie. I just simply shrug it off and think nothing negative of it. We can't all like the same things, it'd make the world a rather boring place. Anyway to me, the Halo game series is boring, bland, repetitive, and brought nothing new to the table for the FPS genre so to get pestered about it constantly from someone I knew who was clearly one of the worst Halo fanatics of all time proved to be quite upsetting and made my dislike of it even worse. Then getting that aforementioned death threat from someone else later on added to it even more so.

Try to look at it this way. We've all had that song or two in our lives that we personally can't stand for whatever reason, one we find so irritating and annoying that we'll change channels, shut off the radio, whatever to try and avoid hearing it. And when you hear that song a lot via whatever means, it just makes it a much more annoying cross to bear. So to me, Halo is the equivalent of that annoying song I'd rather not hear because it's been played to death so much.

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Confused 1

On 2/23/2024 at 11:11 AM, Zephrese said:

Banjo, Gears, and Halo. Keep Crash, Doom, Spyro, etc., multiplatform.

Crash and Spyro will always be PlayStation boys at heart. I've barely played their games on Microsoft or Nintendo consoles as it doesn't feel right to me, hopefully they'll be on Sony's systems for years to come

For my wish list? I'd love Gears and Forza, plus some of the Rare games with their own trophy lists. Wouldn't say no to Halo either...

• Like 2

I've played most Xbox franchises through PC gamepass and I didn't care for most of them, with the exception of Forza Horizon. They aren't bad games but they aren't amazing either, then again I'm usually not into multiplayer.

What I AM interested in are the series from the studios they recently bought. Like Evil Within, Fallout, TES ect...

1 hour ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

to be honest I think you're simply saying it's not a good, mature, and rational reason is because of how much you like Halo. 

Convince yourself of whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Confused 1