Do you want more Xbox games on PlayStation?

vanessaking2

29 minutes ago, AlonMercer said:

Yeah, you're right, it is too difficult for me. You see, as a Halo nerd, doing anything that requires me getting off my Dorito-dust coated chair is too much effort. Could you mail me one?

Obvious trolling is obvious. Again, don't get too bent out of shape over what I'd said. I don't have pull with Microsoft. If they want to release Halo, then that's what they're going to do. If they don't then they don't. I honestly have no say in the matter.🙄

• Confused 2

It would be nice to retroactively bring legacy games from X360 era to current consoles. Like ports or something. I wondered about Blue Dragon, Naruto: Rise of Ninja, Crackdown and so forth. Halo on the other hand, could be hard as the MP servers closed down a few years ago, but I think bringing Infinite could help to the issue in some way.

Not a lot especially, otherwise I'd likely already have an XBox by now, or play via PC if I were that keen to play specific XBox titles. Not any shade towards the systems and their exclusives but obviously you're going to gravitate towards your preferences (unless you're a blindly loyal fanboy buying consoles and games you don't even like lol) so, yeah, there's ultimately a reason I chose to have a PlayStation.

I grew up with Killer Instinct so out of the whole library I'd probably only single out the modern Killer Instinct as my main choice. Rare Replay would also be neat (some older KI is in there plus other fun Rare titles). The KI soundtrack is a banger.

And let's throw in the obvious one, whilst I was never much of a fan, the novelty of playing XBox's flagship Halo games on a PlayStation system is totally something I'd be down for xD

Edited by JohnCenaSong-
  • Like 1

The big one for me personally would be the entire Gears collection.

Some other titles I'd love to see essentially revived & ported over are.. (N3) Ninety-Nine Nights, Blue Dragon, State of Decay, Ryse: Son of Rome, Lost Odyssey, Ninja Blade, Tenchu Z, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Magna Carta 2, Left 4 Dead, Bullet Witch, Crackdown. I know, I know, all wishful thinking on my end hehe. 😁

10 minutes ago, Tiagomarinho002 said:

they are on ps , on ps3 you have ninja gaiden 1 and 2 and also have the remastered of them on ps4

Those are the "Sigma" versions, they have a few differences to OGs and Black, most of the changes are for the worse.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 11:30 AM, Xenoblast91 said:

It would be nice to retroactively bring legacy games from X360 era to current consoles. Like ports or something. I wondered about Blue Dragon, Naruto: Rise of Ninja, Crackdown and so forth. Halo on the other hand, could be hard as the MP servers closed down a few years ago, but I think bringing Infinite could help to the issue in some way.

If they were ever going to port 360 games, they would have done so on their own console a long time ago.

The Ubisoft Naruto games have zero chance of ever coming back. Bandai Namco will hold the exclusive game license till the end of time.

All the Halo's are on MCC, how could that be hard? Much more likely to get that ported than anything else you listed.

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

If they were ever going to port 360 games, they would have done so on their own console a long time ago.

The Ubisoft Naruto games have zero chance of ever coming back. Bandai Namco will hold the exclusive game license till the end of time.

All the Halo's are on MCC, how could that be hard? Much more likely to get that ported than anything else you listed.

They don't have to. You can play those straight into your Series X|S without issues due retro-com. So, different as Sony does, Microsoft didn't have the need to re-port games that are natively playable on their modern, current generation consoles. We, on the other hand... 

And yeah, I was just daydreaming. But this brings a weird situation as some games have this license issue where obviously the first reason why aren't released anywhere else is money. So no wonder about that. 

And for Halo, that could possibly happen. What I wanted to point out was the fact that several games have been shutdown, mostly those that are trophy/achievement online related, as currently many of those games aren't supported anymore. For me, I would like to see all the whole Xbox library on PS, no problem. But the thing is that some titles will be unavoidably lost in some aspects, as online features for example. 

1 minute ago, Xenoblast91 said:

And for Halo, that could possibly happen. What I wanted to point out was the fact that several games have been shutdown, mostly those that are trophy/achievement online related, as currently many of those games aren't supported anymore. For me, I would like to see all the whole Xbox library on PS, no problem. But the thing is that some titles will be unavoidably lost in some aspects, as online features for example. 

Multiplayer still works in all the Halo games on the Master Chief Collection.

https://www.exophase.com/achievement/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one/191229-negative-ghostrider/

Four people unlocked an achievement that requires matchmaking in Reach this month.

It's mostly Sony that has shut down their games servers with no official way to play them.

The only two games I can think of that I want on Playstation are Alan Wake American Nightmare (I never understood why they didn't remaster it, too, when they remastered the first game) and Quantum Break. 

I just want to play more Remedy games! 

• Like 1