What is the furthest you have ever gone for a platinum?

Boosted all 2000 matches for Friday the 13th.  My data was erased after the first 100 matches and I had to start over, luckily had gotten all miscelaneous trophies done with.  So I boosted me and a friend's matches every day after work for 1-2 hours a day, averaging about 100 matches a day.  Finished a month before the servers went down forever.

• Like 3

Replaying the same damn song in Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory on the hardest difficulty over 80 times to grind monster kills. I did it in like three or four days with only a few breaks to play other songs when I wanted to push to the end. Really made me wonder why I was bothering lol. I just really thought I'd be proud of myself and well, I kinda was! Worth it. 

I also routinely have my bf help me boost online trophies but nothing compared to these stories of multiple consoles and stuff. That's crazy lol.

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 1

Taking "furthest" literally: I flew to São Paulo to get my hands on a Chinese copy of Persona 4: Dancing All Night (I was going anyway, but finally finding that was definitely a nice bonus).

• Like 1

I will others decide:

- Meeting up at a train station with @Bumperkleverand someone else to boost Modnation Racers on the Vita.

- Going on a city trip with a friend of mine to Barcelona and than go back to the hotel early to play and boost Vita games until somewhere in the middle of the night.

- Getting Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo published in my local PlayStation Store by helping with the translation.

• Like 4

I once had to buy a PS4 for Real Farm because the PS4 Pro didn't work with 1.00 version so I couldn't do the Job Hopper trophy. I literally bought a whole new PS4 just for that trophy. I still use that PS4 to this day. 

I also played a game called The Experiment and set up 2 PS4s and 1 PS5 for the 3 player trophy in that, I was making a trophy guide for the game, so I did what I had to do. (Although that game doesn't have a platinum)

Then there's Fernbus Simulator, again no platinum but despite only needing one console, this game took 700 hours to complete (it would have been 1200+ hours if I did use time-saving methods in game) - A similar situation for Dynamite Fishing but that was only 300-400 hours.

I also did the Champagne trophy on MotoGP 09/10 earlier this year, which required 20 players, so we all gathered the consoles and game discs we could get our trophy-loving hands on and did it. It was quite the task. Shoutout to all of the people who were involved in that. 

I probably have more insane things I've done but this is all that springs to mind for now. 

Edited by Maxine
  • Like 2

I bought the PS3 Eye camera just for the "send a mugshot" trophy from Burnout Paradise. I'm sure I'll find some use of it someday.

Also, I boosted all the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood MP trophies, which require insane coordination to get, with just text chat.

Leveling up solo in Tomb Raider (2013) was horrendously boring, never again. Getting 200 kills in Doom Eternal's battlemode sucked too.

I learned how to play poker just for that one trophy in Red Dead Redemption, although it was not required for the plat.

• Like 1

And here I thought me pulling all-nighters or leaving my PS3 on overnight for the 24 hours race in Gran Turismo 5 was extreme. Or that I bought a PS Eye gadget just to get the Burnout Paradise platinum on the PS3 back in 2010. But here I read about multiple PS3s to self-boost, traveling to other countries, renting places to play games, I now consider myself a normie 🤣

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

On that note, I traveled from Sweden to Poland just to pick up a game from an eBay seller that wouldn't ship it here...

Is that on that note?

confused.png

...because my point was that I'm not a cuckoo-bananas person.

7 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

And here I thought me pulling all-nighters or leaving my PS3 on overnight for the 24 hours race in Gran Turismo 5 was extreme. Or that I bought a PS Eye gadget just to get the Burnout Paradise platinum on the PS3 back in 2010. But here I read about multiple PS3s to self-boost, traveling to other countries, renting places to play games, I now consider myself a normie 🤣

This stupid mug shot trophy hahahahha. Awesome game tho!!

19 hours ago, ozymandias1994 said:

Once I controlled 2 racers at the same time in split-screen mode in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. My wife did the same thing sitting beside me so we can finish race with 1-4 places for the trophy. Luckily she loves karting and all stuff. We trained 4 days before we could do it. Now it is special platinum in my collection.

Yooo that's actually similar to what I did! I only have three PS3 controllers, so my brother came by with his to help out. I went to the Outrun DLC stage since it's a fairly straightforward level, and I went ahead and used two controllers myself. At first, my brother was gonna do the same thing, but he could tell by the first race that he wouldn't be coordinated enough, so we asked my wife who doesn't play games to help control one of em. Somehow managed to do it first try because I refused to hold my hands in the position I did longer than I needed to

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Smashero said:

(Eagle Flight mostly)

Just to note that Eagle Flight doesnt have an AFK kick and the matches start automatically. You could have just asked a random person that owns it to leave it overnight.

Although an extra VR aint bad to have with 99% of online VR games dead as soon as they release.

• Like 1

For LBP2 DLC's, buying a Vita and PSMove, for serveral delisted DLC, get games like Bulletstorm, XCOM, Kingdoms of Amalur, in other stores like Hong Kong, USA or even Korea IIRC. Some DLC are not delisted, but cheaper in Turkey's store.

Bulletstorm again, setting up the gonespy server to get the online trophies.

In Catherine, I buy a fight stick to be able to do babel pairs solo easier.

And now is not even for a platinum, but I spend almost three weeks with the PS3 nonstop grinding time with all the fighters of Mortal Kombat 9... Only 2 characters more to go and 6 characters to get -alities and bloodspill.

I forget to say that I also inported som BLUS games like XCOM because was cheaper than get on the HK store for the DLC and also a UK CoD BOII for the DLC because I dont know what happens to that DLC's, it was very confusing the COD DLC's in PS3 era...

But reading some stories in this thread, my actions were trivial 🤣

Edit: I also remember boosting Quantum Theory with PSNow in PS4 and dummy account on PS3 and with the help of several other players (someones using the same PSNow-PS3 "trick").

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 2

I gave a bad company £70 for a game I knew would be bad so I could be one of the first to plat it. My hubris got the better of me, platinum was unobtainable. Well played, Captain Ubisoft arrr! 

Anyway, holy shit y'all are fucking crazy lmao. 

Edit: I'm the 75th person to get the platinum because Ubisoft patched it at 3 in the fucking morning and I didn't get it till 11 AM. Curse ye Ubisoft!

Edited by AlonMercer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought another controller to just get the two player trophy in beyond two souls, where you need to play the entire game on two player because launching remote play or using my vita as a controller every time was too much of a pain. 

I bought a Hori turbo controller to grind grade in tales of vesperia on PS3. Never used that controller again

On 3/4/2024 at 7:25 AM, grifteskymfning said:

Oh, boy. Here we go...

I imported four copies of a crappy japanese pachinko game, got four tubro controllers, set up four PS3s on one screen through a quad-HDMI multi viewer and let them run around the clock. One max ball game is around 13 hours, so I had a timer for when I would reset the game, even in the middle of the night. That made me get the platinum in roughly 400+ days...

I did the same with boosting the multiplayer trophies in Chronicles of Riddick (still havent got the plat)

And I helped a friend by being 10 of the players in his MotoGP 09/10 multiplayer lobby. I could have done them all since I now have 17 PS3.

When we where boosting Snipers, I couldn't get the normal discs so I had to buy the Collectors Edition three times, incl. now owning three Move rifles.

I recently also rented a place just so I could play Hot Wheels Rift Rally because I don't have enough space is my gaming room.

Will have to rent it again since I didn't get the plat, but it's only €40 for a whole day.

The next project is getting a friend and playing on two of my Vitas each to get the Dynasty Warriors Next co-op trophies.

Man that is another level of gaming. congrats for the dedication 

• 1 month later...

I've had a few boosting sessions that lasted weeks (Crysis 2, Red Faction Guerilla), just repeating the same thing over and over again for days. Pretty miserable

For The Elder Scrolls Online I played around 78 hours in 5 days to get Emperor. I may have shaved some time off my life expectancy. 

Another one I can recall is Just Cause 2, I normally despise the idea of paying for trophies but the game had a trophy for driving all cars which was 100 something cars. I couldnt find the last few so I went to the PSN store and bought a few DLC vehicles for $1-3 each which counted towards the trophy. I felt a little dirty about it

JEEEEEEEEEEESUS! Some of yall take this to the extreme lol. so for me, my extremes are very tame by comparison to ya'll.

so the three most tedious that i can think of are these.

1.Bought a 60 controller so i would have too and literally played against myself on Oh Sir! The Insult Simulator just to get the last trophy I needed. It boiled down to saying a particular insult and the availble choice are random. the RNG gods were not with me and it took me several hours of arguing with myself before i finally got it.

2.downloaded an app on my phone to get specific multiplayer trophies for Beyond Two Souls. 

3. Was almost done with the AC origins plat and my ps4 died, and i hadnt uploaded my saves to the cloud so when i got a new one i had to restart ac origins from scratch just to get back to where i was and then alittle more to get the plat

On 3/4/2024 at 2:17 PM, AlienSteam said:

I used 6 PS3s (3 of my own, and 3 borrowed from friends) to self boost the challenges in Binary Domain. TWICE!!!! I deleted my save file (had barely started story mode) when i was roughly 95% done, not realising Online stats were saved locally as opposed to sever side.

good old Binary Domain brother haha, if only invasion could be done solo as well

A few memorable stories I can tell.

1. I wanted to get 100% in LittleBigPlanet when the DLCs were already delisted. I bought a GOTY copy to get MGS DLC, and I was one of the last people to grab a KEY from BestBuy for Pirates Of The Caribbean DLC (I had seen they had the code for a few weeks, just a few days after I bought the code it wasn't available anymore on their website). I also had to borrow an NA copy of the game from a friend.

2. When DIRT 3 was for free in PS+ I created a new PSN account to get a free PS+ trial (I was broke back then don't judge me). I boosted the online trophies, (didn't pay attention to DLC trophies back then at all) and left the game for later. Years later when I started going for 100% instead of simply a plat, I wanted to clean this game up. Boy, was it a pain in the ass. First, it was one of the games that still required an online pass, and because my digital copy came from a random PSN account, I lost access to it. So I had to get the online pass, but it was actually delisted, similar to DLC. Fortunately, DLC was on a GOTY edition so I managed to buy a brand new GOTY, hoping for an online pass but! It was expired and the devs never responded to my support email. So I finished the DLC trophies, but couldn't get the last few online trophies done. A while later a new guy in my work was hired and he turned out to be a PS player. We talked about our games and such, and it turned out he had the game digitally on his console. So I borrowed his console, found a boosting buddy, and got the last trophies done, and it only cost me a good bottle of vodka haha.

3. My 7-year-old brother was grinding miles driven in DLC cars in NFS MW for me when I was at work.

4. I had a PS3 fat, but knew it would die soon so I bought a Slim and also had two consoles from my best friend. I used these consoles to boost as well as just regular online boosting to boost 153 games in about 2.5 years. I managed to boost every single game I was interested in playing, making the plats safe to pop as long as I had the strength to go for the trophies. (hence I have so many games unfinished).