Why people aren't liking this game?

DyrekRacc

This game arrived on PS Plus on May 7th. And on the Playstation YT channel, many people are not happy with Playstation Plus including this game. It was a great game, but why on earth did everyone dissing on that game?

• Like 1

Kinda unfair to punch down on the other PS+ freebies for May; guess people decided to punch up?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Profeelgood said:

Cause it's not for everyone. 

No first person perspective. 

No guns. 

No online multiplayer. 

Personally, I'm lookin forward to it. 

This^. Many gamers only plays those type of games. If they are "many peoples" that aren't happy with PS PLUS new games that means they are 100% from reddit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Tunic has about as much in common with Souls games as Fifa has with a Dating Sim.

I gotta disagree there dude. Tunic is rife with, in my opinion, misguided soulslike design. Yes it gets great when it turns into 

Spoiler

The Witness

but as someone who is also pretty over the soulsy formula, 80% of that game either bored or annoyed me. I wish the combat mechanics would have felt closer to the original Zelda game it was so obviously inspired by.

Also I think that if you add "assist" mode options into a game that extend to straight up invincilbity, that's just an admission that you designed your game badly (from a combat perspective).

Edited by Pots3k
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

Not everyone wants to play soulsy games anymore

It plays like some of the 2D style 3D Zelda games. It's nothing like a souls game. Like Phantom Hourglass, Link Between Worlds, Spirit Tracks, etc.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, DyrekRacc said:

This game arrived on PS Plus on May 7th. And on the Playstation YT channel, many people are not happy with Playstation Plus including this game. It was a great game, but why on earth did everyone dissing on that game?

This is the only game worth from May's game list. Short answer: people are dumb... I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

So a whole lot? I mean I can't be the only one whose balls are getting kicked around when going on a date.

Hey man, if that's what you're into, no judgement here

Tunic is a wonderful little game. No game is for everybody but it does exactly what it sets out to do and I seriously enjoyed my time with it when I played it on Xbox.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Pots3k said:

but as someone who is also pretty over the soulsy formula, 80% of that game either bored or annoyed me. I wish the combat mechanics would have felt closer to the original Zelda game it was so obviously inspired by.

You haven't fully entered Death's Door. You should do that, thank me later. @Pots3k

Edited by EcoShifter
Somehow the quote I was responding to was missing. Added it.
  • Like 2

This game has one of the most underrated soundtracks of all time, I feel like I could just pause ingame and bliss out listening to half of this stuff, it's that good

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 7:30 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Tunic has about as much in common with Souls games as Fifa has with a Dating Sim.

I get that this is supposed to be for comedic effect and I agree with the intention to snap back at the idea this game is 'soulsy' because it isn't but... Tunic does still have a lot in common with Souls to some extent. Both games have the exact same game series heavily inspiring a lot of aspects many of which apply to both, they've not went the same thematic route but you can see the link quite clearly between these games.

Meanwhile FIFA and Dating Sims are very much completely unrelated, unless it turns out EA were inspired in their design of FUT by dating, dumping loads of money on packs (dates) hoping to pull that perfect (goal)keeper xD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1