Platinum Blockers

snakebit10

Platinum Blocker  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What are Platinum Blocker for people?

• Time trials/speed runs
    • Hard difficulties
    • Long grindy Multi Player trophies
    • To many Playthroughs
    • To many hours required
    • Other
    • To many collectibles

I just got thinking what could be Platinum Blocker for people.

In the poll if choosing other please explain what that other is.

My blocker would be time trials/speed runs. I tend to do very stupid things in games when i am being timed.

I don't think this kind of thread has been done.

Added to many collectibles to poll options.

Edited by snakebit10

I said all because allot of people just hate every type i hate grinding, to many play through's, speed runs (as you said) and to many collectibles or hard online trophy's

I just got thinking what could be Platinum Blocker for people.

In the poll if choosing other please explain what that other is.

My blocker would be time trials/speed runs. I tend to do very stupid things in games when i am being timed.

I don't think this kind of thread has been done.

I voted other because, its not that i like grinding trophies, because some of them can really tick me off the same with Mp trophies, but i will grind them out to get them so its not really a blocker, what i dont like is really hard things like the vettel challenge on GT5, difficult trophies :D

Too many playthroughs. It's why I haven't finished Lone Survivor. It's why I dread starting Suda 51 games when I know I will enjoy them. Why can't the difficulties just stack :( Why do I have to play the game in pre-defined ways (Lone Survivor, Max Payne 3). Let me be FREEEEEEEE

• Like 1

I'm one of few, but loads of collectables are platinum blockers for me, (not including LBP, they're cool) I feel a lot more inclined to do other playthrough of a game if all I have to do is play through it, rather than sit around my laptop with youtube videos pausing the game every 20 seconds for the next collectable...

• Like 3

Luck based trophies (payday2) are the most common imo.

EDIT: just saw it

Too bad my only Platinum "Blocker" isn't listed, which is Luck-Based trophies..
Although my OCD forces me to do those trophies, I loathe them..

Edited by TheYuriG

Long grindy multiplayer is the big killer for me. I tend to only play games that are of interest to me, so most of the time I don't mind doing multiple playthrough's or going after a lot of collectables because I tend to enjoy around 85% of the games I play. There have been exceptions but I tend to just suck it up and go through with it. I'm really liking that I can hide trophies now though, I've already hidden a few games from my list because I just hated them from the moment I began playing them.

Hard difficulties - Not always the case, but if it's hard to where it feels cheap then that's where I draw the line.

MP trophies - Self-explanatory.

Too many collectibles - Again, not always the case, but if there are missable collectibles or a lot of collectibles without some kind of check list I tend to not bother with them.

Online trophies D: there so annoying I've never boost those it's hard to different time zones and states so i do them on my own and it sucks when you're team complete suck!!!!!!!!

also time trials one fuck up mode and yep everything falls apart and then the frustration starts 

Hard Difficulties (with a caveat) - Specifically when the difficult7 trophies don't stack (i.e. you beat it on Hard but don't unlock the trophy for Easy/Normal) or the hardest difficulty isn't unlocked from the beginning. I hate being forced to replay a game. One of the reason I haven't played a lot more Suda 51 games.

Time Trials - Depends on how tight the timing is. Generally not fun.