Platinum Blockers

snakebit10

Platinum Blocker  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What are Platinum Blocker for people?

• Time trials/speed runs
    • Hard difficulties
    • Long grindy Multi Player trophies
    • To many Playthroughs
    • To many hours required
    • Other
    • To many collectibles

I used to have problems with trophies that required the help or cooperation of other people. I guess that would go under other. I'm referring to trophies like the share trophies in LBP or Modnation that require other people to play and rate your creations. They're just a huge pain to me. There's also the trophies that require multiple people (and a little luck) in order to achieve like See Me, Stab Me, Heal Me and Sacrificial Lamb from Black Ops.

I'd much prefer having a difficult trophy blocking me than having to rely on other people. I'm always willing to keep at a game until I get good enough to earn that trophy. Relying on other people, esp. randoms, is a huge thorn in my side. I'm fortunate enough now that most friends will lend a hand whenever I need it.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

I used to have problems with trophies that required the help or cooperation of other people. I guess that would go under other. I'm referring to trophies like the share trophies in LBP or Modnation that require other people to play and rate your creations. They're just a huge pain to me. There's also the trophies that require multiple people (and a little luck) in order to achieve like See Me, Stab Me, Heal Me and Sacrificial Lamb from Black Ops.

I'd much prefer having a difficult trophy blocking me than having to rely on other people. I'm always willing to keep at a game until I get good enough to earn that trophy. Relying on other people, esp. randoms is a huge thorn in my side. I'm fortunate enough now that most friends will lend a hand whenever I need it.

I picked Time trials as my biggest blocker but trophies that are dependent on other people rates right there with them. The 2 trophies you mentioned for Black ops are the reason i don't have that plat.

I would much rather play sp only games.

• Like 1

I picked Time trials as my biggest blocker but trophies that are dependent on other people rates right there with them. The 2 trophies you mentioned for Black ops are the reason i don't have that plat.

I would much rather play sp only games.

It's much better when you're actually playing for those types of trophies with friends that you actually want to play with and not randoms or someone newly met from a boosting session or thread.

That being said, you missed out last night. We ran PoC with three people, one being new to Extinction, and got my friend that just started all the Extinction trophies but three. We were one challenge away from getting him Completionist too. :angry:

There's those STUPID "mini-game" trophies, like the one in Watch_Dogs where you have to do the drinking games and get to level mothereffing 10 THREE TIMES!! Gahhhhh, and these types of trophies are always in games where every other trophy on the list is fine and easy, and there is just this one stupid mini-game that will make you go absolutely insane trying to beat it, lol

And there's also the more obvious trophies like glitched trophies, multiplayer trophies, etc... those aren't fun either... =/

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Definitely all things multiplayer. Not really interested in it but I find I head in with no clue what im doing to try and get those damn trophies. I have a bad day and god help if it involves being part of a team. My poor poor team mates! 

If anyone came across me on Assassin's Creed Blackflag u'd know what i mean! lol

I voted for multiplayer, since this is usually the thing that trips me up most in a game. To be honest, though, I wouldn't call any of these things "blockers" for me, as I'll always try to power through anyway (sometimes with much swearing). (And I personally really enjoy collectables in games! ^_^)

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Long grindy Multi Player trophies because it´s to damn time consuming and sometimes dificult !!!

An example is the MP trophies of GTA IV "AWP" and "Wanted" was 2 trophies that took me 2 weeks to get it done while boosting !

I don´t know if anybody said it but the fact of servers are close for certain games is kind of Platinum Blocker in my opinion...

In my case that´s the reason that i can´t get platinum in FIFA 11 :x 

Boredom. 

If the game is boring as all hell, they can shove it. 

I don't mind grindy online trophies as long as I like the game, like the last of us.

In general though I don't think online trophies should exist, they give the plat an expiration date, which is silly.

I voted Time trials/ Speed runs, Long grindy Multiplayer trophies and to many playthroughs.

I hate Time trials and speed runs, since I love to take my time with games. I love to search everything in a game and simply hate running through it like hell.

Long grindy multiplayers, yeah, I would add here also grinding in general. For me it's just to repetitive. It become boring.

many Playthroughs, yeah. Good example is last of us. It's really a great game and all and I enjoy playing it, but for the plat or for the true 100% you need without the glitch at least 3 playthroughs without dlc and 5 playhrough wir the dlc. Even a great game like the last of us become boring after those many playthroughs. 

For me, it's just time consuming trophies in general. If it takes more than an hour or so to get a trophy, I generally skip it. So, usually multiplayer and multiple playthrough trophies. If I can work towards multiple trophies at the same time, then I'll go for them, but if I have to spend hours playing just to get a single trophy, I just move on to another game. It feels like a waste of time to me. I mean, sure, I'd get the plat if I put in the time and got these trophies, but I'd have to spend hours playing through a game I've already played for 1 or 2 trophies, when instead I could be playing something new and getting way more trophies and ultimately boosting my stats and trophy level way more.

Definitely blockers for me:

• Long, tedious multiplayer - I don't mind if I enjoy it or am having fun with friends, but the Tomb Raider MP for example was just boring
  • Too many playthroughs - shouldn't have to do more than 2 I reckon; after that it just gets ridiculous and boring
  • Too much time - I'd like to say this, but it turns out that most of the time I just keep going if I really want that plat :P Seriously though, I'm very busy, so I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of time on one game, I like to try new things

I don't mind:

• Collectibles - so satisfying getting everything! As long as the game is fun, I don't mind these at all
  • Time trials - despite being somewhat frustrating sometimes, there's no denying they can be quite satisfying and lead to a feeling of mastery over the game (a la Mirror's Edge)
  • Hard difficulties - I often play on hard anyway, because I love a challenge in games. If I feel that I've used my own ingenuity and all the available weapons/items to get through a particularly tough area, I feel like I'm playing the game properly :P
Edited by FluffyAssassin64

My platinum blocker is difficulty. I don't mind grinding levels or doing multiple playthroughs. Online trophies are alright, although I usually don't like them very much. However if I need to pull off a bunch of insane combos or beat a score attack mode in order to get a platinum, I usually won't even bother going for it.