Platinum Blockers

snakebit10

Platinum Blocker  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What are Platinum Blocker for people?

• Time trials/speed runs
    • Hard difficulties
    • Long grindy Multi Player trophies
    • To many Playthroughs
    • To many hours required
    • Other
    • To many collectibles

Although sometimes i hate Hard difficulty, but the most common thing that blocks me to get the platinum on a game is The online trophies, or A superboss in a game(i mean it, a superboss like a crazy mother f, but this is rarely what blocks me from getting trophies)

and also Multiplayer trophies(unless it needs only 2, then i'm fine)

I selected:
- Long grind multiplayer trophies: I didn't mind about this one, until I played Tomb Raider and that was my turn of for getting that platinum. Another thing its when a multiplayer has no players anymore (hello there GTA IV).

- Too many playthroughs: Like Dark Souls II which is a looooong game and though it is entertaining, I need 3 playthroughs for getting all of the magic so this will take me a while. Or when there's trophies like beat the game in 20 hours, then beat the game completing it at 100%, then beat the game with blah blah... 

- Too many hours required: Hello Final Fantasies! haha. I like FF but I hate they make me collect every accessory, every item, every weapon... seriously? I don't enjoy doing that, plus that will take me more than 150+ for a single game if I'm lucky enough. 

- Collectibles: I dislike searching for collectibles (except in BioShock Infinite, there I was searching everything like mad) in games such as Uncharted (it's a enjoyable game, but I really dislike searching for everything feeling a hollow in my stomach that yells boredom).

Only do all of the above when I'm patient enough (that's how I got Heavy Rain's plat lol)

I choose other, 
Luck based is terrible for me considering i probably have the worst on the planet. Which is why that Price is Right is sitting at some scrub % for now.

I would say to many playthroughs/time put in. But considering i just did 4 30-40 hour runs of Tales of Symphonia in just over 2 weeks. i guess i'm fine with re-skipping the same text box over and over and over and over again [Why all games don't let you skip cutscenes is beyond me]

So yeah. Luck based will do it for me. Theres a reason i dont have any MLB plats. Yet.....

Edited by killerJAZZ420

Too many Hours/Playthroughs for me it's the same: I only buy awesome games, so I know I'll gladly replay all of them.

Hard Difficulties: If it's an RPG, I'll just grind until I'm overpowered, not a problem. If it actually requires skill, I'll try it time and time again, unless it's completely impossible (MGS4 anyone?)

Collectibles aren't really a problem with trophy guides nowadays.

Multiplayer could be worse, it depends on the trophies, but if I need to have great skill or great luck for a trophy, I just quit.

The worst though is TimeTrials/Speedruns. I like to play the game when I want, how I want. Knowing that every little mistake can cost me time is a huge turn off for me, and I just don't have the patience required to do everything perfectly and as fast as possible.

I'm not sure if there platinum blockers or not, since some of them I got eventually, but don't care for these trophies.

Time Trials- I don't like being rushed through things and like looking around, Some Time Trials are fine as long as the time requirement is reasonable.
Multiplayer- Mostly don't care for the level grinding multiplayer trophies, since those ones usually take forever.

Also don't care for trophies that require multiple wins in a row or kill 10 enemies in a row without dying or something like that in a match.

As for the others don't mind them, don't like luck based trophies either.

Plus I kind of rather would just play Single Player anyway.

I voted for too many playthroughs and multiplayer trophies but there have been instances that I was both able & unable to achieve the platinums in these situations.

Too Many Playthroughs

Darksiders

- The first time I ever made the mistake of playing on Easy Difficulty first. I still need to do 2 more playthroughs and I can't get back into it.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

+ I love this game so much, I don't care how many playthroughs I need! Not sure how I'll feel about Re:Chain of Memories though...

Multiplayer Trophies

Brutal Legend

- I didn't even bother with MP. I liked the hack & slashing but not the RTS'ing...

Any Assassin's Creed MP

+ When you get the hang of it, so much fun to be had!

Obviously, it seems that whether these block the platinum for me depends on how much I enjoyed the game I guess.

The biggest slowdown is if the game sucks and I dont wanna pick it up.

I dont mind long multiplayer if the servers are alive and no boosting required. However if the only options is boosting because no one plays the game and its 100s of hours long I'm gonna say no to that.

I'm surprised to see people hating time trials and speed runs... They're motivators to me :D

I know right? The Mirror's Edge timetrials were THE BEST!

I don't have a platinum "blocker" per se. If I enjoy a game I'll platinum it.

The only such thing I guess I'd have to throw out there is bugged games. Particularly when they make trophy hunting cumbersome or in the worst cases render a platinum unobtainable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...