Actor/Comedian Robin Williams dead of apparent suicide

locutus442

The main star of my all time favorite movie - The Fisher King.

A great actor, from Aladdin to Good Will Hunting to Good Morning Vietnam to Insomnia and One Hour Photo he always brought a twist to every character he played. His character in his episode of Law and Order SVU was a better psycho than most actors manage in a whole movie!

RIP

really sad... you could tell he was hurtin on the inside, it is usually the ones that enjoy makin others laugh that need support or someone to talk to...

he also had alcohol issues too and i remember a few years ago that he had a drunken outburst about how actors from 30 years ago are not wanted in this modern age of films/young actors but who wouldn't want a legend like him, he was even doin SNL again at one point...

his daughter zelda will be so upset... :(

I was gutted to hear about this this morning.  Robin was one of my favourite comedy actors - few other actors could match his manic performances.  His ample charity work should also not be overlooked.

I read a statement by Barack Obama regarding Robin's passing, and it included this phrase - "He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit".  This exact phrase could also be applied to Robin's Juilliard roommate, the late Christopher Reeve, whose many medical bills were paid for by Robin after Reeve's insurance maxed out. 

Two of my favourite actors, both taken from us too soon.  The world is now a sadder place. :(

• Like 1