Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1Ld08e22.png

Plat 121

Puzzle Showdown

6/15/2017

And so the Platinum Trophies keep coming for me. That's 12 Plats on the year for me so far.

This seemed like a fun little thing to relax with when I bought it off the PlayStation Store for PS4. For the most part, it was. The jigsaw puzzle backgrounds were beautiful (it is said to look even better with a Pro and 4K but it still looked good to me with a standard PS4 and standard HD) and there are well over 50 backgrounds to choose from, each coming in sizes ranging from 28 to 510 pieces.

You will need 2 controllers for the "Showdown" trophies as there is no online versus in this game, only local versus. The trophies are fairly straightforward: getting bonuses for speed, accuracy, line and isthmus (I'm not sure what that is but I got it quick), doing 50 puzzles, doing 10 versus matches ("Showdowns"), etc.

Of course, what's a jigsaw puzzle game without a big puzzle challenge? In this case, I refer to a trophy called "Puzzle Master", which requires the player to put together a 510-piece jigsaw puzzle in under 2 hours. This took some experimenting for me as I was never good at jigsaw puzzles as a kid. i eventually accomplished this with the Bald Eagle puzzle with roughly 3 minutes to spare.

All in all, a nice and somewhat relaxing departure from what I normally game with.

Interesting fact: this makes 15 consecutive Plats from digital-only games (my last retail game Plat was the PS3 version of WWE 2K17 back in November of 2016). Not that all digital-only games are easy, of course, as this streak has seen me earn Peggle 2, Bully, Parappa the Rapper and Rocket League among some easier Plats. Still, I shall see if the mood takes me towards a true AAA game (I'm starting to make headway on the PS4 version of Skyrim again) or perhaps a B-List or C-List retail game. Time will tell, I suppose.

• Like 4

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR - #4

1L8a153e.png

Definitely not the worst game in the world. It was rushed to release (as indicated by the abysmal amount of content present at launch) and was extremely buggy too. The game still feels unpolished (runs at 30-sub FPS, which is weird considering the other games in the family of the engine such as Star Wars Battlefront are capable of running at 60 FPS with some drops) but if you're able to look past these issues, at a low price on the store, you're definitely not gonna hate yourself for buying it. The platinum was enjoyable, with some of the challenges in the challenge mode being downright stupid most of the time as opposed to being fun, so if you do plan on playing this title and you have little patience, be warned that challenge mode will most likely trigger you as it triggered me several times. I bought this off the store for €7.50 on sale with a PS+ discount. It is well worth the €7.50, if you're into golf games.

Overall Difficulty - 5/10

Next Up?

Killing Floor 2

Tales From The Borderlands

(I was supposed to have obtained the platinum from Tales From The Borderlands and Uncharted 4 for this next post but there have been complications in doing so. I plan on obtaining the Uncharted 4 platinum shortly, as soon as I can knock out the Killing Floor 2 and Tales Plats)

• Like 4

Platinum #183 Stein's Gate (vita)

completed in 2 days and 3 hours

platinum rarity 37.55% uncommon

platinum name: Sky Clad Observer

managed to complete this before bedtime, going to start Toybox Turbos (ps3) as my indie game and Murdered Soul Suspect (ps4) for my next Plat Game. this time it won't be so insane (virus named tom) rather not deal with that nightmare again.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

#142 - LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens on PSVita (19th plat of 2017) - 42.61% UNCOMMON

The game itself was a huge amount of fun to play and one of the better Lego Vita games.  Its the usual format of a large number of short missions/hubs with lots of collectibles.  Well worth a look if you have a PSVita and like Lego games.

Overall 7/10 enjoyment with a 2/10 for difficultly

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, madbuk said:

#202 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered

1L393cc8.png

:platinum: Platinum :platinum:

This game is a huge, huge step down from the previous game, unfortunately. The first game was far from perfect, but this game just takes the flaws of the first game and magnifies them to absurd levels. The biggest issue, by far, and this is an issue that plagues the Uncharted series as a whole - but especially Uncharted 2 - is the combat/puzzles/platforming/quiet time ratio is way off. It's just gunfight after gunfight after gunfight after gunfight after gunfight. This is especially bad during the chapters in the town (where you first meet Jeff) and the chapters in the Tibetian town... The issue being that this ends up taking up the majority of the game, lol. I can only recall... 3 puzzles in this entire game? They were pathetically easy as well.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, the gunplay in this is worse than in 1 as well. So not only is there an absurd amount of fighting going on, but they are also even less enjoyable than they were before. Very frequently, I would have my reticule on an enemy's head, press the fire button, and the bullet would go to the side of the enemy instead. It's not accurate in the slightest and is a huge pain to put up with.

Another thing I didn't like about this game compared to the first game is that the chapters felt so disjointed from each other. I really enjoyed how in Uncharted 1, it felt like every chapter was directly connected and it was like you could have removed the chapter system entirely and just had it feel like you're exploring this one massive island hub. In this game, there are so many timeskips and jumps between areas. While this does help offer variety in setting, the island from 1 had quite a bit of variety anyway.

So... what did I like about this game? The story was very generic and boring, but as with 1 the characters were a lot better than I remember and it was always nice to see Drake and Elena interact with each other, and Chloe wasn't quite as annoying as I remember her being. But... that's really all I can think of.

Thankfully, I remember enjoying 3 so I can't wait to get started on that once I finish Brutal mode of this game. I won't be able to use the tweak exploit for this one, so that'll be fun! ...Kill me.

All that said... this wasn't quite as bad as I remember it being when I played it on PS3, even though it is still by far my least favourite Uncharted game.

Say waaaaaaaaaaaat...

I'll be the last person to say the Uncharted games are masterpieces and I agree with you on the "too much fights, not enough puzzles/platforming" as well as the bland stories but U2 Chloe is the best character of the series after Scully, in my opinion (I didn't like U3 Chloe as much, there was something very weird about her model, it's like she went from Lara Croft to Soccer Mom). Charlie from 3 is awesome as well, I think, it's Nathan Drake as played by Jason Statham. I liked Elena in 1 but in 2-4 she annoyed me to no end.