Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Congrats!  Glad you finally got this.  However, I have a few notes to add to your issues.  I edited them in your quote.

1L98f4cc.png

#123-Oddworld Munch's Oddysee

WARNING INCOMING RANT

So I originally got this game from Plus because I wanted an O platinum and it was ultra-rare. On top of that I REALLY love platformers so I thought "what the hell".

Now to start off with some positives this game as some good ideas. The level designs are interesting, the different playstyles of Munch and Abe is a good twist and finally things like possession is a fun gaming mechanic. Also it throws in a morality system that if done right could have given the game replay value to see how things play out.

That is where the positives end and now I am going to take those positives and tear them apart.

Level Design

The sheep scene, you didn't do it as intended.  However, to give you credit, neither did I on my first run.  I did it the way you did the first time around because I was going for not using the wheelchair along with not growing spooce.  My buddy, who was playing the game at the same time as me, told me, on my next run, to use Munch in the wheelchair since the sheep scatter for Munch.  You can corral them into the pen in no time. 

If you are talking about the scene near the end of the game where you are munch and you have to jump on that platform where all the armored Vykers are, there is a fairly easy way of doing that.  You have to jump from the water, not be shot up from the cannon, onto the short part of the platform.  You lure one to you, shock it once, reposition yourself, then shock them into the water.  After taking out one, you're suppose to jump back down into the water to lose their attention.  Second run I did it without dying once.

Game Mechanics

I suppose this is all personal preference.  I didn't have the issues with the mechanics like you did.

Morality System

This might also be personal preference/game-play.  Since I did my angelic run on my first play-through, I already knew what to expect on my second run.  I don't think I had but two or three restarts due to messing something up.  I made a lot of redundant saves on my second PT though.  The place I will agree with you on were those fucking eggs.  Annoying as hell.  I got lucky and only broke one or two.  Didn't affect my PT at all.

Glitches

I must have been one of the lucky few who did the not-regrow trophy on my first PT and not have it glitch.  In fact, I experienced very few glitches at all.  Any that I did were minor graphical ones.

Both my buddy and I enjoyed this game very much.  It's too bad you didn't get the same enjoyment.

Congrats on the big O!

Congrats!  Glad you finally got this.  However, I have a few notes to add to your issues.  I edited them in your quote.

OK you really need to write the guide then because I looked up better ways of doing that end scene and everyone said the same way I did it ^_^. Actually on my fourth playthrough I used possession to take over the machine gun guys and that worked pretty well as I only died a couple of times. Also I tried the wheelchair way of getting the sheep and I found it just scattered them and took longer so I went back to picking them up because I knew that at least worked.

Anyways like I said the game had a lot of good ideas but it really needed to hone them better. I really liked the differences between Abe and Munch and I wish more games had that ability to switch between two characters to complete a level. Honestly thinking about it that was probably the best part of the game and I would love to see them try it again but with a little more polish. Also as I mentioned the game had good level design and each level felt and played differently so there was a lot of good stuff about the game.

Anyways the world needs more platformers so I will take them when I can get them :D

I have heard that Stranger's Wraith is the best Oddworld game so I may give that a chance eventually