Most Recent Platinum

Muff

56 minutes ago, RotatingCube said:

:platinum:#150-152 Dandara (PS4), The Messenger (PS4), Axiom Verge 2 (PS5)

1Ld90574.png1Lbf0d25.png1L39ee31.png

All three of my recent platinums are Metroidvania's. It's one of my favorite genres, so a game of this type would have to be incredibly awful for me to hate it. Fortunately, all three are not.

Dandara – Now this is definitely one of the more unique Metroidvania's out there. The story isn't anything new and the game clearly borrowed the Dark Soul save system (camping revives all non-boss enemies, dying leaves your spirit with all your currency etc). What IS different about it is that Dandara, the main character, cannot walk, run, jump, or fly. Instead you can only stick to certain surfaces and launch yourself a certain distance from it to another similar surface. If you get hit mid launch, you float in place until you launch yourself again. It gives a different vibe to the battles and the puzzles and that takes a bit of getting used to but it's pretty fun all things considered. One thing though: likely because of the different style, the controls could have been a bit more refined.

Always love seeing someone enjoy Dandara! 

That's a game I loved dearly, and seems to be a little under-played around these parts!

Nice job ?

• Like 1