Most Recent Platinum

Muff

On 2023-07-29 at 0:07 PM, Cal said:

1Lbbe35e.png

Alan Wake 

Platinum 73 platinum

I feel like if I had played this game when it first came out all those years ago I probably would of love it, not to say I hate this game or anything it's fine but it didn't really draw me in or anything hopefully the sequel will blow this game out of the water. The three things I want Alan Wake 2 to do is be more scary this game didn't exactly make me sleep with the lights on and I am pretty sure it's a horror game, secondly I hope the dodging is better since it can be quite dodgy (No pun intended) Alan half time would just end up spiriting and I would get hit, and third and finally MAKE ALAN SPRINT LONGER! I mean geez I know he's not an athlete but come on I can run faster and longer then he could. 

2FUsBQm.jpg5YlPeKr.jpg  P7GLKkF.jpg

lol you had the exact same 3 complaints I had with this game! Shortest sprint in any video game ever lol and it’s just cheesy not scary in the slightest.

Also what is with all the wierd things the enemies say? I remember one enemy says “there is 3000 pigs on this planet” haha is that suppose to be scary or something? Who wrote this insanely cheesy enemy dialogue.

Honestly I don’t see how it got all the praise it did. I only bought it because I thought alan wake 2 looked cool in the ps showcase, but after playing it I’m going to be very skeptical about buying the sequel. 

• Like 4

My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure

1L32b4cd.png

Alicorn Status

This is not going to make any sense for anybody not knowing the series, so let's go: Pony Hitler is back! A series of vandalism acts during festival preservations (because in the current series, there is not a day without some festival going on) predictably leads to him inciting racial unrest between the ponykinds. neverminds the victims are also of all races and the eyewitness accounts don't add up...

Unlike the previous series, the current MLP is geared completely to kids (or rather, far younger kids than before) and so the story is not that interesting. But it does fill its two hours fine enough. Still, this is the ideal Extra game, one I would not pay for otherwise but am happy enough to have played.

Overall, it's fine.

Fun:  6/10

Length: 4/10

Platinum: 2/10

Coffin Dodgers

1L1d38db.png

Retirement

Alright, time to compensate for the age drop!

In more ways than the obvious one. Coffin Dodgers is a racing game with geezers riding mobility scooters against the Grim Reaper in a bet against death taking everybody in their retirement suburb. Losers become zombies in the later races. It's goofy in the best sense and I had blast with it. The whole thing harkens back to the days of the first two Playstations and the Wii when companies greenlit just about anything and a slew of incredibly weird niche titles were the result. Though it does also do so graphically, looking somewhere along the lines of a Wii game to the point I was surprised this is not a port.

All in all, the developers knew exactly what they were doing and what kind of game they were making.

An absolutely enjoyable experience that lives off nostalgia and charm. Could have been better (e.g. the different drivers could have made for different vehicle behaviours) and has no hope of making any kind of impact, but despite a teased sequel, it's very obviously not trying to be the next Gran Turismo. It's a kart racer and an unapologetically dumb one at that.

Fun: 7/10

Length: 5/10

Platinum: 2/10

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

lol you had the exact same 3 complaints I had with this game! Shortest sprint in any video game ever lol and it’s just cheesy not scary in the slightest.

Also what is with all the wierd things the enemies say? I remember one enemy says “there is 3000 pigs on this planet” haha is that suppose to be scary or something? Who wrote this insanely cheesy enemy dialogue.

Honestly I don’t see how it got all the praise it did. I only bought it because I thought alan wake 2 looked cool in the ps showcase, but after playing it I’m going to be very skeptical about buying the sequel. 

Yeah but I didn't mind some of the cheesiness the game did, I just think that age hasn't been very kind to the game, after all it did come out back in 2010. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal said:

Yeah but I didn't mind some of the cheesiness the game did, I just think that age hasn't been very kind to the game, after all it did come out back in 2010. 

It's too bad the follow up, American Nightmare, is difficult to find legally due to licensing issues. It's basically the first game, but a bit tighter on the set up and with a couple improvement tweaks. Maybe we'll get it as a remake eventually.

• Like 1