Most Recent Platinum

Muff

13 hours ago, Karl-Kai said:

spacer.png

Guilty Gear: Strive

spacer.png

STRIVE

What a wonderful game, lots of fun!

I'm so glad I finally got to play this, and managed to platinum it, too.

Congrats!

On 4/3/2024 at 3:02 PM, MoreFuego said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

#21 - Hi-Fi Rush

Rating/Enjoyment: 10/10

Difficulty: 7/10 (100%)

Time: 70 Hours

PSNP Rarity: 1.42%

PSN Rarity: 0.1%

This game was genuinely one of the best games I played in a while. This is certainly my GOTY for 2023!

I never played a rhythm game, but I have played action games. This one was appealing because it blends both into a unique combat system. I will say that the game was amazing from start to finish. The animations and style is eye candy but has very much substance! The characters are very likeable, the story while simple, was enjoyable to sit through for all of it. The level designs were great to look at and played a big impact in pacing. As for pacing, it was excellent, even after 5 playthroughs I never got bored! That is because every level adds something new, whether it is for platforming reasons, new enemies, new abilities or because the levels are just pleasing to look at. The music is genuinely really good and catchy, especially towards the end of the game. Back to level design, as amazing as it was, its even better when the interactions and background match with the rhythm beat! This was very immersive and had me bumping my head while in combat! The boss fights were awesome as well, some of them were really unique and each had their own theme and personality. Enemy and boss movesets were good and they allowed for strategizing especially at higher difficulties! My favorite enemies are the ones that have "rhythm parries", which means you have to time your parries in order to defeat their final phase, it really amps up the fight! Now the combat itself is amazing and it surprisingly has good depth. Mixing up your combos while staying on beat is the best way to obtain S ranks in battles, while many battles can be troublesome, there is always room for improvements. You can attack, parry, magnet link, call for teammate attacks, special attacks, etc. There are many tools for awesome combos. I will say I love the parry mechanic in this game as it is rewarding just as it is risky. I just have overall praise for the game, because I had fun 100% of the time including the DLC.

A 10/10 isn't perfect, but is my highest form of praise and recommendations. Yeah some levels can be prolonged and some attacks may not register even though you are sure you timed it perfectly.

Overall I can recommend this game to anyone whether rhythm or hack/slash lover. Even for newcomers of either genre, this game is an experience you don't wanna miss out on, this hits on all cylinders!

Congrats :)

• Like 3

platinum #882 Jigsaw Puzzle Fever (ps4)

completed in 1 day and 4 hours

platinum rarity 40.71% uncommon

platinum name: Jigsaw Champion

the game wasn't an easy platinum to say the least. have to complete 3 different puzzles within 5 minutes with zero mistakes (hardest part). can be done with exiting out the application if put a piece wrong so it saves where you stopped. at least i'm free from that game next one will be Timothy And The Mysterious Forest (ps4)

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 3

1L162e06.png

:platinum: #306 Cookie Cutter

This had been on my radar for a while, so it was easy to pull the trigger when it went on sale. It's an indie metroidvania, and it does well with the genre staples. The look is good, with hyper violent finishers to regain health and energy, and a decent spread of abilities, even if they don't tread much new ground mechanically. The story is slightly disappointing. That's not the typical draw for this type of game, but the ending was a letdown, and seems to point to DLC. If we do get more, I might change my opinion on the story, but it's not a deal breaker anyway. If you like the genre, it's definitely worth a look.

• Like 4

platinum #884 Timothy And The Mysterious Forest (ps4)

completed in 10 hours and 18 minutes

platinum rarity 23.48% uncommon

platinum name: All Unlocked

platinum #885 Raava And The Cyclops Curse (ps4)

completed in 25 minutes and 27 seconds

platinum rarity 89.02% common

platinum name: Level Master

favorite trophy: Green Power

a massive slog yet again which real life problems didn't seem to help today either. next game is Marsupilami: hoobadventure (ps4) can begin this one since i have the ps5 version now.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 2