Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum: #85 - Heavy Rain Remastered

1L89cd1a.png

Heavy Rain Master - Unlock all trophies

.Achieved: March 21st, 2016

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 2

.Enjoyment: 9

This is a game that I had never played before (excluding a demo on PS3) so I came in totally blind. Now I can definitely understand the buzz around David Cage, the story in Heavy Rain is masterful in more ways than one. The pacing is superb, the attention to detail call for a feeling of endless depth to the story's branching. The music is relatively limited in quantity, but not in quality! The PS4 remaster makes it look pretty and the platinum - or the game itself - aren't demanding at all skill-wise, so it's perfect for story focus and immersion. Heavy Rain manages to pull extremely endearing moments and insanely intense ones at will and offers one big compelling plot that hooks you right in. The only downside to it is that they probably could've managed the replaying mechanism in a more efficient way. Going for every ending can be done efficiently if you follow a guide, but if you don't (my case here) you are bound to watch some segments of the game over and over and over again. Other than that, this is one of the best story-driven games I've ever played. I bought it alongside Beyond: Two Souls, so I'll be telling you about that one when I finish it ^_^

if you think heavy rain was your "best story-driven game that you played" then until dawn will be a masterpiece to you, because the majority of people (myself included) think that until dawn is an even way better story-driven game than heavy rain (and well, its considered the best story-driven game as of now), and your choices have more meaningful impacts than on heavy rain, so unless you don't enjoy scary games (well the game itself isn't very scary since its supposed to be like a parody/homage/satire of every horror movie)  you will like it more than heavy rain and beyond two souls (beyond is considered the worst of them all, but maybe you might like it).

i loved heavy rain, its the game that popularized this whole new interactive drama/choice based game genre and the first one i played, but until dawn is superior to it in every way imo (also heavy rain had many plot holes on its story).

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 2

if you think heavy rain was your "best story-driven game that you played" then until dawn will be a masterpiece to you, because the majority of people (myself included) think that until dawn is an even way better story-driven game than heavy rain (and well, its considered the best story-driven game as of now), and your choices have more meaningful impacts than on heavy rain, so unless you don't enjoy scary games (well the game itself isn't very scary since its supposed to be like a parody/homage/satire of every horror movie)  you will like it more than heavy rain and beyond two souls (beyond is considered the worst of them all, but maybe you might like it).

i loved heavy rain, its the game that popularized this whole new interactive drama/choice based game genre and the first one i played, but until dawn is superior to it in every way imo (also heavy rain had many plot holes on its story).

I am actually super curious about Until Dawn, and I'll certainly play it in the near future! As you mention, Heavy Rain does have plot holes, one of them being specially underwhelming to me, but the game is nonetheless great. No shocker that Until Dawn is better, it's a 2015 game with a wider display of tools and tech to shine. Heavy Rain did pretty well for a 2010 game trying to break out of the genre's shell, so we could say that Until Dawn is 2015's Heavy Rain xD

• Like 2