PS Plus IGC September 2014 (US & EU)

Rubieno

Luckily i'm very busy with my backlog, even who knows when i can start Dragon's crown, the igc for September is weak, if i would know that PSASBR was going to be here i would never waste the five dollars i paid for such a horrible game.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Velocity 2x for free :o...I was going to buy it but thanks Sony you spoil me ^_^  will be picking up Joe Danger for Vita as well.

Also how can people call this month shitty? There is a bunch of fun games for free...shitty?

We can't all like the same things.

Hopefully October will be better with DriveClub + edition

would be nice to see something maybe i dont have already or am interested in; but oh wells, cant expect every month to be awesome. Hopefully next month will have a better lineup. ^.^

Yes but those are 3 completely different games so calling them all shitty without playing them is kind of weird o_O.

Basically people call the free games "shitty" because it isn't GTA5 or Last of Us. The thing is I have discovered some awesome games off of IGC (like Lone Survivor and Thomas Was Alone) because I decided to take a chance on them. Sure you won't end up liking everything but why limit your experiences?

I wouldn't go that far to call em free, as you do need a paid subscription to be able to access them regardless. I more consider em a rental than anything else. Maybe it's simply not their type of game or it just does look appealing at all. Maybe someone people want something different than another side-scroller or a 2D game. It is what it is. It's all preference and subjective really.

Been nothing wrong with the recent indies, in fact I'm pleasantly surprised with Metrico for example as it actually isn't a usual game. Haven't yet tried lone survivor, but I will do, and everyone has been raving about hotline miami, which you can pretty much put as indy too, so I'm not too sure what is wrong.

IGC was bound to have less AAA titles with ps+ mandatory for online with ps4 - also EA will not be supporting it anymore with them releasing their own subscription system on xbox. Although I'd agree that AAA titles are good (oh wait there was Crysis 3 last month) indies are just as interesting.

i bought playstation all stars for 8$ in a sale a year and a half ago..i dont even know what to say...i think im done with playstation plus :/

Well, that is the case for a lot of people and a lot of games. Can't really expect them to give you new releases for free O.o

Edited by Memnoch

Forgive my ignorance but I haven't heard of any of these games. As usual will give them a try though. Might be some hidden gems

Thank you! - This sentiment is exactly why IGC should exist!

i bought playstation all stars for 8$ in a sale a year and a half ago..i dont even know what to say...i think im done with playstation plus :/

okay bye, one less complainer on next months thread :)

• Like 1

I'm interested in Velocity 2X (even though I have eye trouble with those sorts of effects), but I may pass depending on how prevalent the sh'mup sections are - as stated I usually can't see the lasers, etc.

Also interested in HOARD. Not too many of those games on the Network and they're frequently executed quite well.

I've already got PSABR... had it for over 6 months now. That's okay - it's actually a good release for PS+. It meets all of the regular criteria and it's certainly not a bad game, per se.

Having not played the original Joe Danger, I'll at least take a look at the Vita version on +.

Other than that, Sportsfriends doesn't interest me in the slightest and TxK is glitched.

What can be said for this month is that it does exactly what IGC is meant to do - provide subscribers with experiences they may not have otherwise chosen to partake in. In addition, none of these games are exclusive to PS4 (although that may be a bad thing depending on your perspective). Personally I wouldn't have purchased a single one of these games but I am glad that I at least have the option to try them for a relatively cheap price. I will say that I was more interested in an additional LEGO game for Vita - I may be in the minority but I actually find the Vita LEGO games quite enjoyable.

This month isn't great, but for $9.99 AUD I'm pretty happy with what we get. People who suggest that complaints are invalid because IGC is free are totally wrong. It does, in fact, cost money, and it does, in fact, need to be held up to a standard - otherwise Sony could very easily just bombard us with PSP minis. These aren't bad games - they're not good games, either, but one has to bear in mind that it's a cheap way to play games you otherwise wouldn't. If you want to complain, your complaints aren't invalid - but I would suggest that you come into this subscription with at least a somewhat open mind, because IGC isn't all about triple-A titles - the exact opposite, in fact.

Well, that is the case for a lot of people and a lot of games. Can't really expect them to give you new releases for free O.o

I'm sorry thats not what i meant i would never expect a new release which is why ive never complained about ps4 games, i know its to much to ask for a AAA+ game - I'm realistic. I'm simply referring to last years updates where games would generally enter ps plus after about 4 -8 months of being released not two years :P

• Like 1

I still say the worst thing about PS+ is that it builds up my backlog too fast for me to keep up. Granted there's alot in that backlog that doesn't really appeal to me but I'll give them a whirl if I ever have any free time. 

Personally I enjoy the PS+ Vita titles alot more as they cater to the pick up and play appeal. I find that when I get time on my PS4, the Indie PS+ titles don't get much of a look in as I'm busy getting my face eaten on TLOU:Remastered or hitting every barrier in NFS Rivals! 

This month doesn't mean alot to me. Only one I know anything about is Sports Friends. Could be fun I suppose, but meh, effort!

Edited by Malfuras

dude what the fuck is up with people and indie games? do people actually play those over AAA titles? stop giving indie games credit, they are starting to fucking rule the world

When I was young, all games could be considered indy - AAA titles are becoming pretty same old same old tbh - not saying I wouldn't buy them, but indy games deserve as much credit as AAA games as long as they are good

• Like 1

Well for me I will have 3 games from this month.

Hoard

Velocity 2X

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (it will be 2 platinums) :) It's a game I never played.........That I already have so not gonna need it  :awesome:

Still this is the 1st time PS+ gives a game I already have. But it's a good game to play with friends you guys should try it at least.