Street Fighter V NOT a timed exclusive

Dark_Tooth69

I think it is a shame that it isn't a timed exclusive, after all our Xbone brethren enjoy Street Fighter as well, but the cross platform play is awesome and it is something Microsoft never would've agreed to. Maybe that is one of the reasons it is exclusive to PS4 as far as consoles. 

Parker

• Like 2

While I don't play Street Fighter, I like to watch other people play tourneys, but I feel kind of bad for the people on the Xbox side. But like Parker said, it's probably something that Microsoft wouldn't have agreed with and that could be why.

• Like 1

It's always a shame to hear that any game is exclusive to a particular console. Console exclusivity doesn't help anyone. Sure, Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo might get some consoles sold because they secured exclusivity for a particular game or series, but that also significantly cuts down their consumer base, which means the developer/publisher won't see nearly as many sales as they might have, had it been available on more platforms. It also hurts the consumer because it limits their options and pretty much forces them to buy the only platform it's on, rather than being able to play it on the one they prefer.

• Like 1

This is fantastic news for the community. No one will not be able to play with each other because of different systems, no one will have to prioritize having people to play with over custom skins or better graphics. Plus, having the entire player base on the same servers will help ensure that you won't be constantly playing the same people. 

This is great news. MS can now make more fighters for the Xbox One and Sony has it's fighter. The only problem is drm for PC and people pirating it. As an X1 owner I support this, yea it sucks but it breeds better competition and heat from the other side. Now this is realistic bit, Capcom is going to lose out on this, no xbox player would move for one game unless it's jam packed and many have PC that will pirate it for their hatred against Capcom. I think 3 million will be hit easily but I think the same thing that happen with SF4 will happen here. 

I think it is a shame that it isn't a timed exclusive, after all our Xbone brethren enjoy Street Fighter as well, but the cross platform play is awesome and it is something Microsoft never would've agreed to. Maybe that is one of the reasons it is exclusive to PS4 as far as consoles. 

Parker

Cross-play isn't the problem or a part of it, Sony clearly said in the presentation that the game is build on the PS4 ground up. Sony played MS at their money hatting game and won. Sony and Capcom had done nothing wrong just like Enix and Ms.

I still find it hard to believe it won't be releasing on Xbox One since most of it's tourney players are on the 360. Still I guess in a way it will keep the SF players a bit more united. I started to play more on USF4 because of the hype ha, eager for omega mode too.

• Like 1

Ok so its clear that Street Fighter V isnt a time exclusive, but does that mean that Super/Ultra Street Fighter V isnt going to end up on other platforms?

Moss did the same thing to raiden four but it didn't work out so well. If they were to release SF5 Super on X1, they will lose money. People would't wait, they'll buy it with their most awaited game on PS four with it. Remember it took 3 versions on 3 consoles to sell 8 million. Also may will see this as a disgraceful act lol. One thing that could also destroy them is the fact MS could produce good alternatives and people wouldn't want to play SF5 no more. 

Edited by Bear
  • Like 1

Win for Sony and PlayStation, though I'm not a big fighter gamer.

Parker

As I said, a win for Sony, but agreed.  It's too bad though cuz I think it'd be great if Sony and MS could get past the whole competition aspect enough to allow their gaming communities to play against eachother.  That.  Would be epic.  Which is why it'll probably never happen. :(

It's always a shame to hear that any game is exclusive to a particular console. Console exclusivity doesn't help anyone. Sure, Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo might get some consoles sold because they secured exclusivity for a particular game or series, but that also significantly cuts down their consumer base, which means the developer/publisher won't see nearly as many sales as they might have, had it been available on more platforms. It also hurts the consumer because it limits their options and pretty much forces them to buy the only platform it's on, rather than being able to play it on the one they prefer.

I'd have to disagree. This generation, the XB1 holds games back. The more exclusives for PC or PS4 the better. And most high brow PC games are inching towards a PS4 release anyway.

• Like 1

BAd news for gamers should be for every console! But playing fighting games on xbox is awful the controller feels not right at all! I tried and hated the feeling! And the ps has always felt like a glove! Since the first day I played mk3 on the ps! I was like yup this is the fighting controller I dreamed about! :)

The whole turning multi-platform titles into timed/full exclusives is NOT GOOD. Each platform can have its exclusives, but multi-platform titles build their fanbase around multiple platforms (duh), taking the next entry away from a portion of gamers sucks big time. 

• Like 2

The whole turning multi-platform titles into timed/full exclusives is NOT GOOD. Each platform can have its exclusives, but multi-platform titles build their fanbase around multiple platforms (duh), taking the next entry away from a portion of gamers sucks big time.

Don't worry. Super Street Fighter V and its next three re releases will be on Xbox One.

I don't see what you guys are so excited about: It's Street Fighter... And it's on PC to. I'm also not really a fan of supporting multi platform titles into exclusives. I don't care who it is.

I don't really understand why this is good news either. You want to burn down Square Enix for making Rise of the Tomb Raider a console exclusive. Yet when this is announced a console exclusive for PS4, you just want to taunt "Xbots". It seems like you guys are talking more about this being exclusive than Street Fighter V. :/

I'd have to disagree. This generation, the XB1 holds games back. The more exclusives for PC or PS4 the better. And most high brow PC games are inching towards a PS4 release anyway.

How does it hold games back? As far as I'm aware, it has yet to do so. Is it less powerful? Sure. However, nothing about this new Street Fighter seems so advanced that the X1 couldn't possibly handle it. The only thing that I see suffering on the X1 are visuals, yet even then they're still no slouch.

I'll reiterate my previous statement. Exclusives hurt the consumer and the developer/publisher. They cut out a huge chunk of their potential audience, thus losing all of those sales they might have otherwise gotten. It hurts consumer choice because it limits their options as to how and where they can play it. Those are bad things, obviously.

How does it hold games back? As far as I'm aware, it has yet to do so. Is it less powerful? Sure. However, nothing about this new Street Fighter seems so advanced that the X1 couldn't possibly handle it. The only thing that I see suffering on the X1 are visuals, yet even then they're still no slouch.

I'll reiterate my previous statement. Exclusives hurt the consumer and the developer/publisher. They cut out a huge chunk of their potential audience, thus losing all of those sales they might have otherwise gotten. It hurts consumer choice because it limits their options as to how and where they can play it. Those are bad things, obviously.

Assassin's Creed Unity was leveled to the lowest common denominator to be able to run on the XB1, thus causing the PS4 version to suffer. Sure, Street Fighter probably wouldn't fall into this category, but by and large, games are only getting more advanced, if anything exclusives are only serving to accelerate the inevitable death of a console that isn't keeping up.