Best/Worst gaming purchase of 2014

kidson2004

This is a "End of the Year" topic on the best/worst gaming purchase of 2014. So, what are your best/worst for this year? I'll start:

Best: A tie between Destiny and Dragon Age Inquisition (despite me not playing them at all lol :P)

Worst: This is the 1st year I didn't have anything to choose from.

So let's hear it people!!

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 1

Best: Mario Kart 8 - It was hard to choose since I've bought so many great games this year but my pick would be for Mario Kart 8. I've poured so many hours in to that and it's always so much fun every time, I literally played it nearly everyday since it came out. Runner up: Shadow of Mordor. 

Worst: Destiny - Just didn't find it fun at all, pretty repetitive.

Best-Velocity Ultra HD. I spent 2 bucks on this game as a distraction while on the plane to visit my sister and now it is a contender for my favourite game on the Vita and a possible best platinum of 2014

Worst-The Raven. I really wanted to like this game (as I found the trailer very charming) but WOW this sucked. And it is also up for some awards in my Year End Awards thread :Dhttps://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/21994-dr-mayus-year-end-awards-2014/

Best Gucamele, Beyond Good &Evil HD, Odin Sphere, Tales From The Borderlands, TWD S2, LA Noire, Catherine, Back To The Future series, Heavy Rain, NVA Jam On Fire Edition Okami HD

Worst Strider: Boring gameplay that has some bad glitches whille playing. Not worth getting unlocking platinum trophy right now.

Urban Trial Freestyle: Pretty lazy game that has the oddest gameplay that makes me thinking too mych. Like how does a person fall when it touches a object? Very unrealistic and stupid at the same time.

Best: Wolfenstein - The New Order

- I didn't have lots of expectations but this turned out to be one of the best games I played this year.

Worst: The Evil Within

- Watch Dogs was also pretty poor game, but at least I finished that. Evil Within is just so boring that I don't want to play it any further.

Edited by Juzota

Best: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

Worst: FinalFantasy XIII ... This one seens sooo boring for me... Guess I will never play a game from SquareEnix in the future again. Just that games I already have (massive backlog >100 titles).

Question: Does the topic only include games that actually are released in 2014?

Then... 

Worst: Watch_Dogs. Its the first game where I got catched from the hype and it was very disappointing for me. After all the hype, marketing and stuff, I thought it would be... "more".

Worst game purchased this year was Murdered: Soul Suspect. Looked good based on the trailer but turned out to be rather boring, at least it was a quick easy platinum.

Best game is Dark Souls 2. It was my most anticipated game this year, from one of my all time favourite franchises and it didn't disappoint. Loved every minute of the 180 hours I put into getting the platinum.

Best: Destiny - The game itself wasn't all that amazing because well... I think we all know. However, the community and the huge amount of cool people that I met through this game made it great for me.

Worst: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - I have no idea what I was expecting / thinking when I bought the game but eh, it ended up being really boring. 

Edited by novemberrx

Worst: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. This is the most boring thing I've ever played. I couldn't make myself play it after 2 attempts.

Best: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.  It is my first MMORPG and I'm having a ton of fun with it.  It also helps me keep in contact with old friends in Florida.  Also, fat chocobos.

tumblr_n4execcLRC1qb8aggo1_500.gif