Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,434 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

19 hours ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

If Elon Musk bought PSNProfiles:

• Remove CRT, totally useless usage of resources, only causing tension and drama, the dispute subforum is so damn toxic, we don't need trophy hunting police lol..
  • Keep series for all games, yes even shovelware. Yes shovelware hunters are humans too, stop demonizing us.
  • Quicker approval of revival servers, or just scrap approval altogether, let us relive and play old shutdown games without fear of negative reputation
  • Hire devs that actively work on this website, not just passive income from ads and no progress, the community deserves better
  • Give ad revenue to guide authors that get lots of views, they're pouring time and effort into this website and drastically increasing the content value which in turn drives more eyeballs to the website, don't just ignore them, reward monitarily
  • Create an API for devs so we can build an ecosystem of apps built on top of PSNProfiles
  • Indeed, look no further than PSNP+ and a myriad of other workarounds and suggestion of what this site needs to "be great again"

Hope he sees this <3

Edited by NewVegasNick
grammar
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:
  • Hire devs that actively work on this website, not just passive income from ads and no progress, the community deserves better
  • Give ad revenue to guide authors that get lots of views, they're pouring time and effort into this website and drastically increasing the content value which in turn drives more eyeballs to the website, don't just ignore them, reward monitarily

1000% in favor of these two

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Remove CRT, totally useless usage of resources, only causing tension and drama, the dispute subforum is so damn toxic, we don't need trophy hunting police lol..

i disagree with this (call me biased because i work with @Squirlruler via dms to remove cheaters or whatever)

if you remove the CRT then the floodgates would open for cheaters. who would stop the auto poppers from obtaining every trophy in a second or obtains trophies illegitimately?

correct me if i am wrong here but don't most people who use playstation trophies (another site) say that a bad thing about the website is that there is no CRT or anyone to remove cheaters (for instance, 7 people have completed lovely planet despite it having bugged trophy).

so if we remove the CRT what would stop us from becoming like playstation trophies

• Like 3

I voted for the highest amount but would be willing to pay much, much more provided the following would be implemented:

• Reversing DLC rarity calculation back to the orginal, proper way.

• More resources to the CRT, optimally turning it into the next inquisition. 

• Implementing a rarity leaderboard for those that prefer genuinity over shovelware.

Those are the points I think are the most pressning.

• Like 4

On 4/19/2023 at 8:18 PM, Mellenthin said:

• More resources to the CRT, optimally turning it into the next inquisition. 

??? yeah it's opinions like this flourishing on this website that makes it toxic.

ppl feeling entitled to police and judge others.. so far removed from the joy of trophy hunting.. smh.

• Like 4

On 2023-04-19 at 1:46 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

i disagree with this (call me biased because i work with @Squirlruler via dms to remove cheaters or whatever)

if you remove the CRT then the floodgates would open for cheaters. who would stop the auto poppers from obtaining every trophy in a second or obtains trophies illegitimately?

correct me if i am wrong here but don't most people who use playstation trophies (another site) say that a bad thing about the website is that there is no CRT or anyone to remove cheaters (for instance, 7 people have completed lovely planet despite it having bugged trophy).

so if we remove the CRT what would stop us from becoming like playstation trophies

it does create a toxicity environment tho, the person is right.

When you start to take a break of at least 10 minutes between trophies in fear you’ll get a trophy too fast for someone, its getting messed up. 

Maybe its a good thing afterall

Edited by bunshing

I did a quick visit of the forums on PST.org.

I did not see a lot of posts about the lack of a CRT or the community wanting one.

I saw one or two posts here and there, but nothing major.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/323654-pst-20-feedback-and-suggestions/page/35/

In addition, it mentioned trying to avoid the PSNP model because of the atmosphere it creates.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2023 at 4:37 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png yeah it's opinions like this flourishing on this website that makes it toxic.

ppl feeling entitled to police and judge others.. so far removed from the joy of trophy hunting.. smh.

Just a friendly advice: Don't be so sensitive and try to read between the lines every so often.?

For anybody who cares about the leaderboard, it's important that it's kept clean as much as possible - that much should be viewed as common sense by everyone, don't you agree?

And even if you personally have no interest in it, surely you must see the necessesity to maintain it? Unfortunately, some people can't just play by the rules and simply has to ruin it for everybody else.

I can't really comment on the general tone over at the dispute forum since I only visit occasionaly. The times I've been there though, in my opinion, disputes are handled very well. It can definitely get heated at times, but that's to be expected.?

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 1:46 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

site is dead so there's no one to say anything

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 1:46 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

If Elon Musk bought PSNProfiles:

• Remove CRT, totally useless usage of resources, only causing tension and drama, the dispute subforum is so damn toxic, we don't need trophy hunting police lol..
  • Keep series for all games, yes even shovelware. Yes shovelware hunters are humans too, stop demonizing us.
  • Quicker approval of revival servers, or just scrap approval altogether, let us relive and play old shutdown games without fear of negative reputation
  • Create an API for devs so we can build an ecosystem of apps built on top of PSNProfiles
  • Indeed, look no further than PSNP+ and a myriad of other workarounds and suggestion of what this site needs to "be great again"

I agree with some of these points and disagree with others.

I'm not a fan of the CRT, but I think outright removing them is a bad idea as well. The entire system just needs to be reworked as it's a complete mess & feels more like the wild west when it comes to flags/disputes. Not to mention the lack of transparency.

I still think shovelware should have an option to be hidden as I personally believe those "games" have no reason to even exist, so I hate seeing them absolutely flood pages when I'm looking for actual games.

I agree that revival servers need quicker approval rates, or just approval in general. So many open source no hacks allowed revival servers exist, which coincide with the rules of revival servers, but still haven't been added to the approved list.

For hiring devs for the site, that isn't really necessary in my opinion. Not that the site doesn't need improvements, but the already hired staff already have enough experience in that regard that there isn't really a need to hire any new devs. All that is needed is the sign off from Sly to do so.

Ad revenue for guide writers would be nice (seeing as how I write quite frequently), but I feel like this would also pose a problem that PowerPyx's guides have for example. Where guides are pushed out ASAP to cash in on the money & they end up suffering for it. PowerPyx videos have always been top tier, but the written guides leave a lot to be desired since they're rushed & then not really updated once it's out, since they've already made their money off it. Their Persona 3 Portable guide is a perfect example with it not being updated since release, still missing the Female 100% guide that they said was coming & still hasn't, as well as on two of the trophies, mentioning that their bugged (which is no longer the case), & one even saying that the "Requirements are still unclear if you need to max out 1 character SLs or both characters SLs", but the requirements have been clear for a few months now. Issues like this I believe would crop up more on PSNProfiles if there was a monetary value related to publishing guides.

For the API, I do agree. I think that would be a cool thing to see. 

Overall for an app. I personally don't care if it got an app or not (I certainly wouldn't pay for it) since I mostly use PSNProfiles exclusively on my PC. I only ever load up PSNProfiles on my phone to make sure my guides are mobile user friendly & not broken

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Considering other similar sites are making apps for free I wouldn’t pay for one, run adds like normally and premium takes the adds away like the others, this site has the benefit of being well known compared to the others, l personally think this site should start selling some merch, shirts and stickers to start then see how it goes from there