Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,434 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

Is it possible for the app to contain PSN messages? It might be a stupid question.

No as PSNProfiles is not affiliated with Sony or PlayStation in any way(It says that at bottom right on the homepage). But PlayStation App can receive and send messages 

False.  I can currently send and receive PSN messages in another "non-Sony" app.

Have an idea.

Why not charge $3.99 for the app, and have it offer 1 year of Premium membership with it as well? People who purchase it can log in on first use, and they are automatically given a 1 year upgrade/renewal.

Or, maybe people who purchase the app can get some other forum incentive out of it. There's a lot of votes of people saying they wouldn't pay anything.

False.  I can currently send and receive PSN messages in another "non-Sony" app.

You would have to sign-in with your official PSN username and password through whichever third-party app that you use to have a messaging system that works - I've seen it work on third-party non-Sony apps too. So sure, I guess Sly could theoretically implement it if he did that, but I would probably guess that PSN messaging is not currently a priority feature he has in mind for a trophy app. I think a better solution would be for PlayStation to bring their own app from 2007 to 2015, lol

Edited by BlindMango

To the people using the argument: ''I don't want to pay because I already have the browser version for free'' and then proceed to vote on ''I don't want to pay'' are missing the point.

The poll is for people who actually want the app, if you use your browser you don't want the app and don't want to pay, don't vote!

I think everyone wants the app if it's going to be free, therefore everyone should vote.

• Like 2

I marked myself down for $0.99.  The only reason I've done this is because I already paid for the lifetime membership, and frankly Safari works great, so it wouldn't really offer me anything I don't already have.  That said, you have a great service, and I'm glad I paid the $10 for lifetime access.

Paying for something that can be for free?

Ummm, no thanks... I can use normal browser on my smartphone and have all site features. So why should I pay for app?

PSN messaging? I have official playstation app and it's for free. I can compare and check trophies also so I don't understand what's so magnificent in this app that we need to pay for it?

Solution is very simple, you can charge for some premium features like on site, but the basic app should be for free.

Plus you will be getting money from adds so you know...

If you will charge for an app there will be immediately pirated version that everybody will be using. Like with every other app in the store.

True and a sad fact, but 4$ in US is not a much, but in many other countries that's the price that many people won't pay for it.

And it's not that I don't want support this site, because I'm using it from a long time, but paying for an app that does nothing more than a normal site? Come on...

• Like 3

I use the site a lot, actually, it's my home page xD

I was thinking seriously about upgrading for premium (I'm not premium yet because i have problems paying with paypal, but i'll find a way), then it hit me... maybe offer the app for free IF you are a premium member. It add value to the membership, and to the guys complaining that it should be free, it would be an incentive to support the site, and getting all the extra features.

just my two cents ;)

Hmm I think it should be just like the website.

Make the app for free and everyone without premuim or one year subscription gets the app with ads and well everyone with subscription gets it ad free.

This way you'd make more money from advertisement than just a few people paying for the app.

But that's just my two cents.

I vote yes. for 4$, I wouldnt mind paying for such a app if it exist, but probably wont on release, since I need a BIG android phone to make it worthwhile. I hate tiny texted apps.

edit: oh and as long as it doesnt lag like shit AKA Sony PS App, it should be worthwhile. too bad probably cant send messages to friends online.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I picked I'd pay a dollar or so, in all honesty I'd pay whatever you charge just to support it, and because my phone setup allows me to spend a bunch of credit on the Google Play Store.

Although, having said that, I wouldn't even install it, but that's because I despise letting apps take away my phone's limited space when I could just bookmark the webpage, like with Facebook, I don't want one app, then the messenger app, then if you care about photos there's an app for that too, screw that, I'll just bookmark it, and do it all in one place without wasting space.

Having said that though, the screenshots you've put up look perfect, no clutter, beautiful presentation, just like the main site, it looks quite nice.

Yes i most for sure would and i hope others would pay for it, in support of PSNPOFILES :D

Your profile picture is great, and also, I am so proud to see a Tasmanian in the country's top 200.

Edited by Douchepants Dylan

Paying for something that can be for free?

Ummm, no thanks... I can use normal browser on my smartphone and have all site features. So why should I pay for app?

PSN messaging? I have official playstation app and it's for free. I can compare and check trophies also so I don't understand what's so magnificent in this app that we need to pay for it?

Solution is very simple, you can charge for some premium features like on site, but the basic app should be for free.

Plus you will be getting money from adds so you know...

If you will charge for an app there will be immediately pirated version that everybody will be using. Like with every other app in the store.

True and a sad fact, but 4$ in US is not a much, but in many other countries that's the price that many people won't pay for it.

And it's not that I don't want support this site, because I'm using it from a long time, but paying for an app that does nothing more than a normal site? Come on...

I just couldn't have said better.

Here in France the average price for an app is 0,99€. Even for 1,99 it more, French people would never buy the app.

So yeah, I totally agree with you.

I'd like to update my response actually, if you can let me view my trophies offline when I have no internet, since my phone internet is ALWAYS turned off due to my paranoia that Telstra will steal my credit for apps and stuff that auto connect (it happens every time I turn it on) I would like to be able to look at trophies when I'm at school or on a bus or something but have no WiFi.

As pictured, I'd pay $2.99 for an iOS app. Add functionality for friends (versus statistical stuff, leaderboards, etc) and I'd gladly pay $3.99. See @yapsnapp for reference.

^ this, versus statistics would be really nice, It's actually the only thing I miss in psnprofiles.com.

I use this app called PS3 Trophies by Nicholas Ortiz

post-59967-0-75312800-1421495695_thumb.jpgpost-59967-0-53601000-1421495709_thumb.jpgpost-59967-0-30959800-1421495737_thumb.jpg

Its a free app to start off with. But the features it has are almost identical to the ones you are talking about. But i would gladly pay 1.99$ for the app if it has all the features the website has. I would prefer if the premium members get some extra features to differentiate from the free customers. The app i mentioned above, When the game trophy list is opened it directly links the trophy guide to www.playstationtrophies.org which is a nice touch. The only reason i want the PSN Profiles is because of the gorgeous design and clean features. I would love to have the game sessions built into the app so that we get notified of incoming game sessions or arranging game sessions in the phone rather than opening a laptop and doing it. I would gladly pay 1.99$ for this app provided its gorgeous and functional. Please make it with bright colors so that its on par with the material design on android lollipop also .

• Like 3