Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,434 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

pay, pay, pay, what the hell is wrong with people today? your all willing to blow money left and right. for god sake this is why Sony is allowed to get away with a pay wall now. from PS1-PS3 if they tried the crap they did with PS4 Sony wouldn't be here! at some point even you people "willing" to pay have to say enough.. damn.

pay, pay, pay, what the hell is wrong with people today? your all willing to blow money left and right. for god sake this is why Sony is allowed to get away with a pay wall now. from PS1-PS3 if they tried the crap they did with PS4 Sony wouldn't be here! at some point even you people "willing" to pay have to say enough.. damn.

What?

Who are you to judge anyone of what they deem worthy of their money.  We don't live in an altruistic society where everyone holds each other's hands and performs laborious task solely for the betterment of others.

This website provides a unique service that I can't get anywhere else, so I paid for the lifetime membership.  If Sly gathers enough traction with the app, I will get that too because that offers a unique service.

Unless you gather your funds from someone else, i.e. benefits from the state or family - you understand how money is the motivator for anyone to spend their time.

Sony's "pay wall" isn't really that either, the free games and discounts they give with their service is commendable - plus it being so good bullied Microsoft into playing catch up with offering games for free with a service they had already charged for.

I don't really call people out, but your post astounded me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think it would be really neat if you could set up game sessions and get a notification when they will be starting soon. Maybe like a 30 minute notice. 

You can do that right now. If you go to this page and scroll down to the gaming sessions section there is an option to receive a notification an hour before the session begins. It can be an email, a site notification, or both.

I've mentioned on this topic before that I would pay for this app.  $10... maybe if it came with the premium membership.  $2~4 is probably the sweet spot though if you wanted to just charge for the app.

Also Sly, is there an update on this project?  I think last I heard you were looking for someone, but you were also posting screenshots of an alpha build or something.  Is this thing still going to happen?

I think if you're still doing the app, to cater to everyone then it has to offer something the Playstation App doesn't (which isn't great to begin with mind you). Maybe like a swipe in from the side menu which lists "current games" and "Game backlog". If it offers both convenience and a customisable aspect then I think that's the best thing to focus on if you want a companion app for your website, as being able to easily go through what trophies and how (if the guide system is integrated properly) would make your app ideal for the people who use this site. Great thing to emphasise as well is the social aspect of the website, and I think a good idea is weekly/monthly/yearly all time charts for who gets the most points from trophies in a given time. Couple that with a fresh and tidy interface (like you would get with something like duolingo) then if done properly you could be onto something that could - theoretically - get even more popular than the site, as I am sure you all know how the market is for apps that would promote user engagement like that. I also realise this is a hell of a lot of work, but if the base aspect of the app is successful, then imo these suggestions aren't too far-fetched (though of course we wouldn't see a lot of this any time soon).

Anyway, just my two cents!

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm being brutally honest, I don't see any need for an app when everything on the site can be used in any half-decent mobile browser. The only thing that's possibly needed is a full-on mobile/responsive theme for the site.

As much as I love the site and appreciate the work you put in to it, I don't think there's anything here that needs, or would benefit from, 'appifying'.

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing that's possibly needed is a full-on mobile/responsive theme for the site.

I would agree that this should suffice, as opposed to an app.  Make a proper mobile theme for the site, improve the mobile theme for the forum, make it so only premium members can use it, profit.