Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

2 hours ago, TKdovahkiin said:

Well, then... Going with my instincts and ordered this cheaply now... One of those intriguing titles I glossed over last year like HZD..

Excellent! I’m confident you will not be disappointed - let me know what you think once you play :) 

46 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

Life is Strange isn't a good game.

Ouch... my heart...!

Disagree my friend, The great story and the good music and the teenage angst carry the okay game mechanics to a level well above ‘good’

Opinion: while they are both great games, Transistor is better than Bastion.

22 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

idk why this quoted prof but I cant get rid of it. Anyways:

N/A. Although I have played and loved Bastion, I have yet to try Transistor out yet so I cant say!

Opinion: Street Fighter just needs to stop making games. I have never enjoyed them compared to other fighting games. I dont know if its the old play style or what, but I cant just sit down and say "I think im gonna play some street fighter"

Edited by Vigors_

N/A; bought the Special Edition instead of the VR one and have yet to play it. But I have to agree on the VR headset part. It's fun when you try it out for the first time, but wearing it gets a bit uncomfortable after some time.

While it has its flaws and doesn't follow the canon of the classic Castlevania games, the Lords of Shadow trilogy is actually good and has an interesting story.

Edited by Sillshez15

Agree! They are games that when then come out, sure/of course ill get it and play it because c'mon, its Uncharted. However, I wouldnt say I was ever really "excited" after the second one.

Opinion: Brink was a REALLY fun game to me on PS3. I was one of the first to platinum it. If I remember correctly, the entire game can be done offline against bots. I couldn't believe that it did so badly and went on sale so fast. Then of course you get the d-bags that get it on sale for 5-$10 and say "It wasn't even worth that"

Edited by Vigors_

• 4 months later...

Disagree, although I get where you're coming from.

I didn't like The Last of Us because I suck at anything that includes stealth. Still gave it a go because it was so popular but it didn't work out. I'm more like the Bust through the front door and shoot 'em up kind of guy so the gameplay didn't suit me at all. If it wasn't for easy mode I'm sure I would've died many many times (or even got stuck).

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

• 1 year later...

I've only read 4 pages and some of the replies have already made me mad. This thread is great ? Time to resurrect it.

My unpopular opinions:

• The multiplayer mode in The Last of Us was more fun to play than the single player campaign.
  • Sonic 2 is not (much) better than Sonic 1. Yes, the spin-dash was an improvement, and it's good that they fixed the insta-kill spikes. But the level design in the sequel is worse IMO. 
  • Crash Bandicoot remakes look worse than the original games despite having modern graphics.
  • Assassin's Creed and Far Cry don't need to be reinvented. They need to DIE forever. Ubisoft needs to put new ideas into new IPs.
  • Burnout 3 and Burnout: Revenge are both better than Burnout: Paradise.

This one is more of a hot take than an unpopular opinion: the idea of spherical planet-like levels in Super Mario Galaxy is not original and was stolen from Ratchet & Clank 2 and 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alderriz said:

The multiplayer mode in The Last of Us was more fun to play than the single player campaign.

giphy.gif

That being said, I do enjoy it in short bursts. Grinding to get the Journey trophies made me hate it though.

Edited by SpaghettiGrabsy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

Grinding to get the Journey trophies made me hate it though.

I got both journeys by playing naturally before I started collecting trophies. Never had to push myself.

The only thing I didn't like was pay-to-win weapons some people had before others could unlock them.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Alderriz said:

I got both journeys by playing naturally before I started collecting trophies. Never had to push myself.

Then you have my respect. Initially I planned on doing that, but clearly I didn't follow through. It just wasn't my thing, unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Alderriz said:

The only thing I didn't like was pay-to-win weapons some people had before others could unlock them.

Yeah. Those presets that "give you a taste of the dlc weapons before you buy them" smelled like bullshit to me. Strangely enough perhaps, but I found the abundance of cosmetic dlc to be more annoying, as much as I hated having my health bar deleted in under a second by some dickhead with bad spending habits.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 11:02 PM, Alderriz said:

I've only read 4 pages and some of the replies have already made me mad. This thread is great ? Time to resurrect it.

My unpopular opinions:

• The multiplayer mode in The Last of Us was more fun to play than the single player campaign.
  • Sonic 2 is not (much) better than Sonic 1. Yes, the spin-dash was an improvement, and it's good that they fixed the insta-kill spikes. But the level design in the sequel is worse IMO. 
  • Crash Bandicoot remakes look worse than the original games despite having modern graphics.
  • Assassin's Creed and Far Cry don't need to be reinvented. They need to DIE forever. Ubisoft needs to put new ideas into new IPs.
  • Burnout 3 and Burnout: Revenge are both better than Burnout: Paradise.

This one is more of a hot take than an unpopular opinion: the idea of spherical planet-like levels in Super Mario Galaxy is not original and was stolen from Ratchet & Clank 2 and 3.

Agree with the bold. But Far Cry is a great and extremely fun series, especially after Crysis changed its gameplay formula and "died", which at the time I don't think there were any similar IPs on console nearly as fun as it except Far Cry. Far Cry 3 is a hell of a game and revolutionized the IP. It's a bigger improvement from its predecessor (Far Cry 2) than Far Cry 4 is to its (Far Cry 3), but ultimately overall FC4 utterly refines the formula and is the better game because of it, with a more authentic world, better gameplay, more replay-value, better performance (on PS4, anyway), entirely superior cooperative system, etc.

Despite its name, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon differs from the rest of the series and doesn't have towers. Far Cry Primal is similar to Blood Dragon in that not only did it also not bring back the tower system from FC3 and FC4, but it also took the series in a new direction and to a time era far-off that of its predecessor, resulting in another unique experience to say the least (i.e., no guns and multiple tamable animals). Far Cry 5 came next, and while it's not a spinoff, it also didn't bring back the tower system, meaning only two games in the entire long-running series contain the tower system—that's all, two games. Haven't played FC5 yet, but I know a decent amount about the game. (Might start it this week.) This one is a bit more complicated. I think it's more innovative than FC4 due to a combination of revamped designs to the core gameplay formula, which consist of things people have wanted for a "long" time, but the America setting seems to have limited gameplay in some ways. In nearly all cases, though, the game is usually discussed positively, and i'm aware it broke series launch sales records. Also haven't played New Dawn, just know a little here and there of it. 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, Alderriz said:

It's exclusively pay to win, and it's been heavily abused online since its debut years ago. For whatever stupid reason, Naughty Dog felt like it, among other things (e.g., bomb expert 3+shiv, etc), was fine to keep in the remaster. It's still pay to win just as it was in the original PS3 release.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 8:06 PM, Spaz said:

2. The PS4 Pro is a waste of money and is a gimmick to sell people a system that can showcase 4K quality. Yet some games still run on 30 FPS and the PC fanboys are right there to tell you their computer is already more powerful than the Pro.

I do own one and feel that it should've been more of a jump over the base model PS4 for that extra $100.

Also... I'll say Mass Effect Andromeda is good. If you say there are issues with the animation, I'll concede that. But the combat (the most important thing IMO) is very well done.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:29 PM, SnowbellKitty said:

I had asked if people liked to imagine or make believe/head canon about anything on their favorite videogame characters. I think movies and even games do not necessarily show us everything, so I used to head canon some stuff about the characters when I was a lot younger.

The one I mentioned was that I like to think Jill Valentine and Lara Croft are cousins

Why

6 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I do own one and feel that it should've been more of a jump over the base model PS4 for that extra $100.

Also... I'll say Mass Effect Andromeda is good. If you say there are issues with the animation, I'll concede that. But the combat (the most important thing IMO) is very well done.

Unless it's really cheap it's too late to buy one at this point. I was going to settle for a PS4 Slim because it's still a better system than the vanilla PS4, but I just couldn't wait to try out Batman: Arkham Knight and The Order 1886, among other games.

Speaking of which, The Order 1886 was a good game that was just the right length. Great story, good cast of characters, good acting.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is a worthwhile game and actually gives a more accurate representation from history.

• Like 2