Cheater Removal

When is this being implemented? I thought the last site maintenance would have been it. How far along is the program/process?

I ask this because of the next game I'm going to get: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. I like to see the latest players and how far along they are. I noticed one of the recent players has hacked the crap out of his collection. That kind of errks me. Also, when I look on ebay for Motorstorm, one of the top three results is a trophy buying service. Crazy.

When is this being implemented? I thought the last site maintenance would have been it. How far along is the program/process?

I ask this because of the next game I'm going to get: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. I like to see the latest players and how far along they are. I noticed one of the recent players has hacked the crap out of his collection. That kind of errks me. Also, when I look on ebay for Motorstorm, one of the top three results is a trophy buying service. Crazy.

People that pay for trophies are crazy, yes. I agree.

You would have to ask Sly that question (obviously). MotorStorm is relatively easy and can be done in a week. That was when the online was active though. I'm sure it's dead now.

Though I don't see much difference in one hacked game or 3 hacked games. You don't hack games by mistake and just because it was a popular trend back in the day doesn't give you any integrity back.

While I agree with everything you said, I understand the wanting of at least 3. 1 plat could be a glitch...with 3 there is no doubt....however, if you gone to lengths to cheat one, I'm willing to bet the farm that you'd do it again wherever possible. You can have all the timestamp changing hacks possible, but with enough detective work, eventually every cheater would be eventually removed. You get the obvious ones initially and round up the stragglers in the following days. You just don't advertise how you're finding/figuring out how it's being done.

While I agree with everything you said, I understand the wanting of at least 3. 1 plat could be a glitch...with 3 there is no doubt....however, if you gone to lengths to cheat one, I'm willing to bet the farm that you'd do it again wherever possible. You can have all the timestamp changing hacks possible, but with enough detective work, eventually every cheater would be eventually removed. You get the obvious ones initially and round up the stragglers in the following days. You just don't advertise how you're finding/figuring out how it's being done.

Of course some people have a glitch and would be wrongfully removed if a one strike system was used, but if they truly were a "clean" player they could explain to Sly and be brought included again. I would think many people would not care they were off the leaderboard too, so I suspect the wrongfully kicked would be a severe minority. And hearing the complaints from those wrogfully removed would better compile a list of easy/glitched platinums.

If the system is already skipping a no timestamp platinums, there shouldn't be too many games that can cause a platinum to show up in under 25 minutes. ...right?

I like the idea of an automatic flagging system for certain game titles but believe the report button would be most effective. The report should also be accompanied by a brief message allowing the reporter to explain why he/she thinks a person may be cheating. Reports should only come from gamers who actually understand the required time it takes to complete a particular game and who have either achieved platinum or have spent a significant amount of time working towards it.

I mentioned Street Fighter 4 in my earlier post as a game that I have completed 100% and earned platinum (126 hours to obtain). It would be fair for me to report suspicious completion times for this game. White Knight Chronicles is a game mentioned early in this thread; I have never played this game and would not be qualified to report anyone who has. This is a system I think will work well.

Has liberty city always been on the leaderboards? That guy is flying up the boards although I think he is hacking his way up.

Yeah, I noticed this one also and must say they are embarrassingly obvious.

I hope the cheaters are removed from the leader boards. How can anyone be proud of trophies they did not earn? As far as I'm concerned 1 hacked trophy should be enough for removal, and "gaming teams" are no better than the hackers. Either way, you are not earning your trophies yourself.. what you're doing is attempting to deceive your peers into thinking that you're more talented than you actually are. Sad, really..

• Like 2

I hope the cheaters are removed from the leader boards. How can anyone be proud of trophies they did not earn? As far as I'm concerned 1 hacked trophy should be enough for removal, and "gaming teams" are no better than the hackers. Either way, you are not earning your trophies yourself.. what you're doing is attempting to deceive your peers into thinking that you're more talented than you actually are. Sad, really..

i agree totally , the leaderboards are stupid until the cheaters are removed . but i agree with roughdawg about being unable to spot team cheaters , you just cant tell for sure , so it is best left alone . but what kind of a sad person gives his time and effort for somebody else's benefit , sad really .

the only reason these sad people cheat is so that everyone would be amazed and think they are wonderful for having so many trophies ( they are probably the type of person that lies about how much money they have and how many girlfriends they get in real life ) . so by removing them from the leaderboards ,it is removing the reason for the cheating .

• Like 1

Ban them cheaters fast, on YGC there's been an option to flag cheaters for a long time now. Just compare the leaderboards... YGCs leadboards are more or less "clean" now while the leaderboards here are still infected with cheater scum.

Ill ask my question again. If someone gets removed from the leaderboards for hacking games what happens to the platinum club for those games that they cheated on? id like to see the true platinum % for SOCOM Confrontation.

They should have seperate leaderboards for people who play on their own and people who play in these 'trophy teams'.

I never realized how much hacking was going on till I looked at the Skyrim 100% club. I'm glad something is being done about it. Props to Sly and the guys who run the site.

Edited by Div_Muzza

Ill ask my question again. If someone gets removed from the leaderboards for hacking games what happens to the platinum club for those games that they cheated on? id like to see the true platinum % for SOCOM Confrontation.

They will be removed from plat club, 100% club, game leaderboard and trophy achievers lists as well as the overall leaderboard.

Sly answered this question way back in post #4.

I was just thinking, instead of having a fixed 3 hacked games limit for everyone, what if it was dynamic based on how many games you have? For example, if you have 1% games hacked (1 hacked game for every 100 games played), then you'll be removed. This would also allow users to be able to earn their way back onto the leaderboards for playing legit games.

Also, 57 posts removed from this thread. Stay on topic and be nice.

No offense but it kind of sounds like playing favoritism with duck360 because this post came in just a few posts after duck posted. I think zero_q8's suggestion that he would make a new username and platinum the games that were hacked on it, to prove to you that they did get it legit at least once, would "make up" for the hacks. It will be good for forum users to see that, but hard to explain to the average joe who looks at the leaderboard knowing duck had hacked games and not visiting the forums to see they tried to make amends by legitly platinuming them.

I just saw the post where you said cheaters will be removed from the 100% clubs but not the main leaderboard. I think that's fine. I know some people really want cheaters removed from the leaderboard too (I do too) but with the xploder thing people can do now, people will just get sneakier about it anyways. I think the 100% club removal is a great first step.

It seems a lot of cheater accounts go for japanese-only games. Just look at http://psnprofiles.c...uhi-Suzumiya-JP . Estimated platinum time from legit players is 12 to 40 hours.

if you check out the fastest platinums for this title, you will see XxAgExOFxJoHNxX has 4 profiles which he cheats with . i have watched him a bit because he is from the same country as me . his 1st profile XxAgExOFxJoHNxX goes all the way into the worlds top 20 but all the other trophy leaderboard sites banned him so he puts another one through , that 2nd one AgeOfJohn was going up the leaderboards and got noticed and banned so now he is doing it with more profiles ! what a troll !

is the need to be liked or impress people so high that you have to spend all your time and effort copying peoples files . i would love to sit him in a psychiatrists chair for a while , and find out .

also if you check out the cheaters friends lists you will in many cases see other cheaters , its like they have their own little community going on to help each other out . also they are getting smarter with timestamps if you check out XxAgExOFxJoHNxXs splinter cell pandora tomorrow trophies , they are still clearly downloaded but done in such a way as to appear like it took weeks to complete

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should be remove without exception, https://psnprofiles.com/shakka_26, this guy is a cheater for life, he add people asking for saves, offering 90 days of plus..., tellin lies like " Only 2 trophies needed, and dont want to sincronice because i like to see the 100%..." Well the outline for this guy should be:

5 platinums the firs day he turned on the ps3.

Catherine platinum 6 hours.

Splaterhouse platinum 5 minutes...

Dragons Dogma 2 hours...

Sengoku Basara 4 minutes...

And so on... This kind of people is the worst and should not appear in rankings...

The list of trophy hackers is definitely growing, or at least I’m becoming more aware of them. I won’t name names but just check out the 100% clubs of Modern Warfare 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and GTA IV. This thread has become somewhat stale and still nothing has been done to remove any of them.

There's a lot of work that needs to go into it since I'll be excluding them from all stats/trophy rarities. The automatic flagging has 1,506 users cheating 3,105 games. When I do implement the removal all those will disappear instantly.

Thank you sir, glad to know something is in the works. Obviously I knew you were working on it but it's always nice to hear updates.

Parker