Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

Goro

Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

• Introvert
    • Extrovert

I love being around people, and love talking with people, but initiating conversation with people I'm not familiar with is hell, and I typically stand out like a sore thumb when I'm the only person in the group/place/etc. not talking. The exposure, the better though.

Always willing, but anxiety gets the better of me.

So, umm, I don't know what I am. Extrovert-in-training?

Edited by TriggerTortoise

I'm was mostly an introvert my entire life, I'm more extroverted than introverted now, but still consider myself an introvert. Funny I was thinking about this not long ago what I would consider myself now ;)

• Like 1

In real life, I'm definitely an introvert. It was never easy for me to create friendships/relationships and I suffered with that a lot as a kid. People in general and life itself have disappointed me a lot. However, no one can deny that the interaction with other people is a human need. Fortunately, I found a place where it's easy for me to be sociable and to make friends: video games, through multiplayer. That's why I don't understand why people here bash the multiplayer component of games so much. For me, it's a fantastic and addictive way to interact and have fun with other people. A game without MP clearly loses value for me. I'm glad I have multiplayer in my life!  :)

I love being around people, and love talking with people, but initiating conversation with people I'm not familiar with is hell, and I typically stand out like a sore thumb when I'm the only person in the group/place/etc. not talking. The exposure, the better though.

Always willing, but anxiety gets the better of me.

So, umm, I don't know what I am. Extrovert-in-training?

You'd both be considered introverted. There's many shades of introvert, on the other hand extrovert is pretty blatent. You'd always take the first step to initiate conversation and its for no other reason than you want to. In game you've got various shields potecting your identity, you don't have to worry about your name, body language or appearance, or even most basically have to deal with someone just looking right at you.

I also can say I can't help, but suspect someone clicked extrovert other than me who wasn't. Basic psychology of an extrovert means they have more than enough confidence to draw attention to themselves and in many cases would want to. Also curious if someone who is considered extroverted has similar game tastes to me lol. So do comment.

Edited by Superbuu3

What the fuck? lol. I only said I know what a platypus is. Maybe you misread my other reply?

Mr Bungle even wrote a song about them.

I must've misread it then :) When you said 'why do you say that?' you say that, I took it as you were either genuinely confused with my comparison or teasing about my comparison :P

Love the song by the way!

Introvert.

The clearest way to state the difference between introvert and extrovert is energy.

Does being around crowds/people energize you? =  Extrovert

Does being around crowds/other people drain your energy? = Introvert.

You can have an introvert that enjoys talking to people, being social, or even the center of attention.  It's whether or not that person gains or drains energy is the deciding factor.

• Like 1

Definitely introvert. I don't really like to spend time with people and I've been like that basically my whole life. Oh, and I never feel lonely even though I'm alone all the time except for work of course. 8 hours a day is enough of human contacts for me.

Edited by Juzota
  • Like 2

Introvert.

The clearest way to state the difference between introvert and extrovert is energy.

Does being around crowds/people energize you? =  Extrovert

Does being around crowds/other people drain your energy? = Introvert.

You can have an introvert that enjoys talking to people, being social, or even the center of attention.  It's whether or not that person gains or drains energy is the deciding factor.

That's the reason I consider myself an etroverted introvert. I can and do thrive in a group of people. It is just draining and I need a few days to recover after a party or social event. I can't even go to concerts or conventions or anything like that because even the idea of them makes me uncomfortable. Going into cities is the same way. Anytime I go to a city, I'll have a full out panic attack because there are just too many people.

• Like 1

That's the reason I consider myself an etroverted introvert. I can and do thrive in a group of people. It is just draining and I need a few days to recover after a party or social event. I can't even go to concerts or conventions or anything like that because even the idea of them makes me uncomfortable. Going into cities is the same way. Anytime I go to a city, I'll have a full out panic attack because there are just too many people.

I also would prefer a middle option, as I'm the same way. It's really only because of Benzodiazepines that I'm more of an extrovert than introvert now. I know all too well about panic attacks.... don't wish them upon anyone, period. It'd be very extremely cruel and unusual punishment.

I consider myself to be both, really. I don't really have the luxury of being completely antisocial due to the fact that I have a job, which requires me to interact with other people. Though, during my off days, I completely cut myself off from the outside world, my only connection to it being my T.V., computer, and video games. 

I'm more towards introvert, which bothers me. I need to talk more, I am way too quiet most of the time haha. But this also depends on who I hang out with. There are certain people I could talk with for hours. These are a minority though.

As a kid, I was way more extroverted, during my teenage years I developed more into an introverted person.

I'm working on being more communicative though.