Do you care about having complete series on your profile?

PleaseHoldOn

Complete game series on your profile...  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care?

• Yes. It's all I think about!
    • No. Not even a little bit!

I voted NO even though some times I think yes , it really depends for example I have all Need For Speed series platinumed but then I don't have all Uncharted series platinumed and that's not because there long to 100% I think for me it depends how much you really enjoy that series for me to be bothered getting the set :D

And as long as I have 100% on all games I'm happy :D

Yeah, I care a bit. I'm replaying Assassin's Creed II-III (only have Revelations left) to get the trophies (originally played them on 360 before switching over to PlayStation for AC4), but I don't mind because I love playing the games. It annoys me that AC1 is the only one without trophies.

It's actually the reason I've played through plenty of games that have better versions. I'd rather play the original Tomb Raider than the Definitive Edition because I'd either want to play the original or both of them. If I like the original I'll play through the definitive edition too (I play through games multiple times very often so it's not a big deal to me to buy the definitive edition and get more trophies if I want to play through it again). I'm also playing through the original Hyperdimension Neptunia instead of Re:Birth 1 for this same reason (and I don't hate it like a lot seem to. If this is the worst in the series I should be in for a treat).

I voted yes, but my true answer is half/half. I don't care about 100% but I do try for platinums on games I enjoy.

Because I won't ever play Battlefield or Call of Duty again unless they go back to a World War 2 setting for example. Modern/Futuristic shooters are getting extremely boring and quite frankly arn't worth more than $1. Only way I would play them is if I got a brand new copy for free.

In other circumstances I love having a entire game series on my profile but It has nothing to do with trophies, its more about liking a series and loving the sequels and such. Assassins Creed for example feels is a roller coaster of a series, major ups and downs but I'm so interested in the Templar vs Assassin war and I love exploring cities from the past. That pretty much speaks for all 'series' that I play, always wanting to keep up to date on the storyline.

Edited by MafiaBrett

Well, my game list has nothing to do with it, but, if I were to play Fallout 4 (which I will), I'd like to play the previous games too, just because I want to experience the whole story. That's the reason I'm playing Fallout 1 right now, and the reason I'll never play The Witcher 3.

Would you call it a sickness or rather dedication?

Either way, I do care. At least for series I'm interested in. And it's not good for my health wallet...

I'm even making checklists of the games I still need to buy + DLC + platform specific AND region-based stackable trophies!

Aaaand I'm also trying to complete them in order...

Someone please help me!! DX

However, if there is a game in a series that is ultra hard to complete, I wont care (for example the Persona series: I'll complete P4G and P5, but screw the Arena games).

C'mon, no middle option, seriously? Neither of those votes apply to me. With that said, it depends on the series. It has to be a series I enjoy or enjoyed playing, not just a good series (I have to actually enjoy it). There are certain genre spinoffs that I would most likely avoid if came to be, like that card Uncharted game. If that game was actually a PSN game, I'd avoid it. Jak & Daxter is the only series (thus far) on PlayStation that I'd 100% everytime, no matter if a spinoff, remake, etc. 

There are some sequels or prequels out there with a harder trophy package, like Uncharted 3 (currently working on this), Resistance 2 (finished this years ago), and Killzone Shadow Falls (which I have not started yet, due to intimidation of the time required to 100% this), but if there still fairly duoble without a constant need to rely solely on boosting partners, then I'd do it.

I don't care much to be honest but I do enjoy completing them sometimes.

I've got all of them for the infamous series and I want to get all of them for the Naruto series as well.

Unfortunately for Naruto, back when Naruto UNS2 was still active, I only won 20 battles online thinking that was all i needed but didn't realize the require all titles trophy required 50 online wins. There's probably 1 or 2 players still out there who play it, but it seems almost impossible now. I'm going to try boosting, but I don't have my hopes up.

Overall however, I don't care to the point where I have to complete it. I mean if you look at my profile, I've got a bunch of games that are E's and F's because I wasn't the one who started them on my account but it doesn't bother me.

I never think or plan anything like that, if the franchise is good enough in my eyes and I'm able to get the Plat, the amount of franchises completed on my profile would grow eventually, Kingdom Hearts for example, I just happened to at least enjoy every single game of the franchise that have trophies, if I had enjoyed 5 of 6 I would have five 100% and not six, a completed franchise on my profile is the best compliment I can give to a Developer team, apart from the money on my wallet of course. 

Yes, but only if it's a series of games i really care about.

Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, 4 and Peace Walker, GZ are games i'm going to be playing in the order they were released because i want to see how they evolved in terms of graphics, gameplay and controls.

And once i'm done with them it's on to Phantom Pain!

• Like 1

It doesn't particularly bother me.  If I enjoy a series, then I'll most likely try and platinum each game, and I've managed it with the likes of Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Crysis and Grand Theft Auto.  None of those series are at a full 100% completion (e.g, Crysis 1 and 2 are at 100%, but Crysis 3 is at 84%), but I'm not especially fussed - I'll earn whatever trophies I can, but if one is annoying me or is just too difficult, then I'll just move on.  At the end of the day, there are more important things in life to worry about.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, but only if it's a series of games i really care about.

Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, 4 and Peace Walker, GZ are games i'm going to be playing in the order they were released because i want to see how they evolved in terms of graphics, gameplay and controls.

And once i'm done with them it's on to Phantom Pain!

I originally planned to complete the games by release order, but I decided to begin with Peace Walker due to its multiplayer trophies, but since they can be done in a matter of a few hours, I guess I could've waited. However, I met some amazing friends who also wanted to get 100% in-game completion or wanted to help me and other friends to achieve that and I decided to go for it and I don't regret that.

After that I 100%ed Ground Zeroes because I really wanted to play the game.   

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

i personally dont think it matters what type of profile you have for the "series" games. i only say this because of how soo many of us have played most; if not almost all of these game before. Before they had trophies and an incentive to continue the game after completion. For example ive been playing MGS since it was just Metal Gear, but i wont have anyway to show that ive done that when i was 12 or 13 or whenever i got my hands on it. its up to the viewer as always to interpret it the way they want..thats why we build our profiles right? to show what we know and what games we love and how they mean to us, sorry for all the run on sentences hahahahah. one last example if your still with me, Just like when most of us played god of war (name drop).. on ps2 (console drop hahaha) for the first time, it was amazing. You think i cared about how many buckets of blood had been spilt or how many enemies i defeated in a certain way?? NO! Fuck that! I wanted to know where Kratos was going and how his story was going. Just like Snake(naked,big boss,jack, john? haha) when you understand that a weapon called Metal Gear is prompt to destroy what we know as civilization and you are the sole entity to save us all?!!?! so off topic but a complete series doesnt matter, weve played DMC, MGS, GOW, RE sooo many times. its hard to say but make it the way you want, if people dont understand or appreciate you profile then fuck em!  hahahaha Just stay happy GAMING! thats what its about the experience and atmosphere of what your engaging in that makes it amazing, too much? maybe... HAAHhhaaaAAHHHA

It's not something I obsess over, no, but I do have plans to do complete series "runs", if you will. Like, I plan to playthrough all the remasters like God of War, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, etc.. as well as their respective newer releases on current and last gen consoles.

Whether or not I actually complete them, though, is another topic of discussion. If they aren't ridiculous like some of the Assassin's Creed multiplayers (namely Brotherhood), then I can see it. But, say if Uncharted 4 includes absurd multiplayer requirements, then I'll have no problem leaving it incomplete and even without a platinum if need be, even though I have the platinum in all the others and may even try out the remasters coming this fall if they are any good.

As far as whether or not I need to have them represented on my card for the sake of having them represented on my card, then that's just ridiculous; I'm not big on that kind of stuff. I bought AC Revelations for 360, and don't feel the need to rebuy it again (especially considering it was one of the weaker installments) just so I can I have every single iteration of the Creed franchise represented on my tag.

Not at all, though I am annoyed that the original Assassin's Creed didn't have trophies.  I have the Plat for every one I've played, and I intend to get the Plat for every one Ubisoft makes, even though I know the quality is slowing going downhill (I just love the concept and the early series releases so much...).  So yeah, I own 1, and hate that there's no trophies, but overall it doesn't bother me.  It's kind of unavoidable for a lot of the series I love.  Been playing GT since it's inception, but the first release with trophies was 5 with no HD remakes.  Been playing GTA since 2, and only have V on my gamecard.  Saints Row 1 never came to PS3, and I played 2 on 360 (and I may be wrong, but I don't think the Plat is obtainable anymore for it).

With all that said, if I love a series, and the games and plats are available, I will replay them.  I replayed AC 2 on PS3, same with Borderlands 1, Mass Effect 1, God of War I and II, and the Sly trilogy.  But I won't just replay or purchase games cause they are in a series I've played, unless I really did like the installments I've already completed.  I love Payday 2, so I will eventually get around to the first Payday, but some games don't encourage me to play their sequels or prequels.  I won't be playing through Far Cry 2 as 3's story was a mess and Classic didn't do it for me.  I also won't be replaying GTA IV on PS3 as it was painful enough on 360 and I just hated the game.  Worst GTA installment to date!  Nico was terrible, the game was lacking everything that made VC and SA amazing, and the AWP achievement was a nightmare.  But I would play both SA and VC again if they release them with trophies, lol.