Fallout 4 Will Contain Over 400 Hours of Content

Lovejinder_LJ

med_Fallout4_E3_CityVista_1434323956.jpg

You could play the upcoming, post-apocalyptic RPG for hundreds and hundreds of hours and still not have discovered everything, reckons Bethesda.

Speaking in an interview with OXM, lead producer Jeff Gardiner said: "I've played the game for probably 400 hours, and I'm still finding stuff that I haven't seen.”

Source: playstationtrophies.org

400 hours??? :|

Now that's what I call, value for your money!!! B)

Go Bethesda :D

Edited by Lovejinder_LJ
  • Like 3

yeah ... but finding stuff you havent seen , is not always a point to play it that long ...... i mean .... if you find a cave , lets say 30 min long with a dead body on the end .....  , and than later you find another cave with a ammo chest at the end .... its 1 h content? i dont know ... you can play  every game 400h +.... that is just a sentence to make it sound better than it is .

PS: i love fallout , so dont get me wrong .... but those selling advertises like "over 400h gameplay" are always stupid

Only 400? What an absolute disgrace, Bethesda should be ashamed of themselves! I could've accepted 450 but 400 is just simply not good enough. I mean after all, i'm giving them a full $59.99!

Speaking in an interview with OXM, lead producer Jeff Gardiner said: "I've played the game for probably 400 hours, and I'm still finding stuff that I haven't seen.”

More isn't always better. Fallout New Vegas had tons of stuff to explore as well. But it was mostly boring caves that had nothing in it.

I wish developers would actually spend more time crafting an interesting narrative, exciting environments to  explore and interesting quests for us to complete...as oppose to 400 of the same thing over and over and over.

• Like 1

yeah ... but finding stuff you havent seen , is not always a point to play it that long ...... i mean .... if you find a cave , lets say 30 min long with a dead body on the end .....  , and than later you find another cave with a ammo chest at the end .... its 1 h content? i dont know ... you can play  every game 400h +.... that is just a sentence to make it sound better than it is .

PS: i love fallout , so dont get me wrong .... but those selling advertises like "over 400h gameplay" are always stupid

Dont mean to start an argument but the fact that u dont get the point of spending hundreds of hour in a game shows that u shouldnt play rpgs/ games that take a while

Everyone who has played bethesda games like fallout and Elder scrolls knows that the "it has 400+ hours" statement is no advertisement

The highlighted sentence; Really???

There is a difference in finding ammo and doing quests man :blink:

• Like 1

It'll probably be 400 Hours of randomly generated "fetch" quests, keep in mind randomly generated crap does not count as content, that would be like if I played a minigame for a hundred hours and then tell someone this game has a hundred hours worth of content. I'll believe it when I see it, who knows this could be a false advertising scheme to generate more money and sales.

It'll probably be 400 Hours of randomly generated "fetch" quests, keep in mind randomly generated crap does not count as content, that would be like if I played a minigame for a hundred hours and then tell someone this game has a hundred hours worth of content. I'll believe it when I see it, who knows this could be a false advertising scheme to generate more money and sales.

I just remembered why I had stopped posting stuff on this forum :rolleyes:

Edited by Lovejinder_LJ

400 hours if you play the game like an E3 demo maybe.

I liked Skyrim, but 300 hours of worthwhile content? No. It had a great 60 hours of solid enjoyable content, but after that, you have a few odds and ends to finish, and unlimited generated quests, like "Oi theres a dragon here go kill it". I'm not complaining, even 100 hours is more than enough for me, but as much as Fallout 4 has me hyped, I can't see spending 200+ hours on a single playthrough without seeing everything worthwhile.

• Like 2

I know this sounds awesome and all, but I always take these "hundreds of hours" claims from RPGs with a grain of salt, starting with Final Fantasy VI, which promised that. Sure, if you spend 70+ hours walking around the desert grinding all your characters' magic levels to 100%, it would've been 100+ hours.

Only 400? What an absolute disgrace, Bethesda should be ashamed of themselves! I could've accepted 450 but 400 is just simply not good enough. I mean after all, i'm giving them a full $59.99!

You probably don't know sarcasm 

• Like 4