Fallout 4 Will Contain Over 400 Hours of Content

Lovejinder_LJ

I don't expect Fallout 4 to be without its own fair share of bugs and glitches, but please Bethesda, please do a better job than you did last generation. Everything I've seen about Fallout 4 so far makes my nether regions tingle and it could all be potentially ruined if they release a broken game that freezes and glitches all the time. 400 hours of content sounds fantastic but it won't matter if it is a chore to even play the game. 

But I'm going to try and stay optimistic, I still haven't decided if I'm going to buy Fallout 4 on launch day but dammit it is getting hard to convince myself not to. 

Parker

• Like 3

It's hard to measure the amount of content in hours for a game like this. People play at different paces and I doubt there will be any definitive way to tell if you've done absolutely everything in the game. I expect it to be similar to the recent Fallout games, which I didn't put any more than 150 hours into on a single character. I felt Skyrim was a bigger beast in terms of content since I put over 200 hours into it on just one character.

And since there's some discussion of trophies going on (of course there is, this is trophy hunting site :lol: ) I honestly hope it's more demanding and/or challenging. I wouldn't mind having to play on its highest difficulty or something like that for a second playthrough.

Anyway, I look forward to this game even if the whole hours thing is being overbloated.

141t94x.gif

This is why I love Fallout. But I bet less than half of that will be seen by people just trying to hurry and complete the game.

I'd rather have 24 hours of an amazing story than 400+ hours of "content." I don't doubt that the game has 24 hours of story, but I'd rather have that advertised than generic "content."

But it's like in these games, the game itself is the story, all of the content makes up that story. The experience depends on the player. Same with The Elder Scrolls.
  • Like 2

Bethesda is well adept at making content that makes living the game well worth the time. With Fallout 3 and New Vegas I went through the games pretty quickly and still spent over 120 hours on each game. Even if it is not exactly 400 hours, it will still be worth living in their world. 

• Like 1

It should be awesome. I'm just hoping that there are no bugs, glitches, or constant freezing and crashing. The constant freezing was the reason I didn't pay for the DLC on Fallout 3, and New Vegas :rolleyes: They were fun as hell but constantly saving to ensure a random freeze doesn't wipe your progress killed the overall enjoyment.

I just remembered why I had stopped posting stuff on this forum :rolleyes:

We all have our own opinions and concerns. Most people that are expressing their concerns about Fallout 4 have probably played previous Bethesda games and seen how shitty they can be.

Shitty when it comes to framerate, glitches, crashing etc. But we all want Fallout 4 to live up to its hype and potential and be the most amazing game we have ever played.

• Like 1

It'll probably be 400 Hours of randomly generated "fetch" quests, keep in mind randomly generated crap does not count as content, that would be like if I played a minigame for a hundred hours and then tell someone this game has a hundred hours worth of content. I'll believe it when I see it, who knows this could be a false advertising scheme to generate more money and sales.

Its Fallout 4.

I havea hunch it would sell gangbusters, no matter how they advertise it

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Most likely not. The trophy list doesn't make it out to seem like it will take that long.

New Vegas was harder and longer to plat, simply because it had multiple different endings, as well as 10,000 damage with X  trophies. Fallout 3, with a guide, can be platted in 20 hours, maybe a little less. 

Edit: A first go around in Fallout 4 will probably take you a while though... Unless you wait for a game guide. Me, personally, am not going to go for the platinum off the bat. I'll take my time with Fallout 4.

Edited by KratosTheMighty

New Vegas was harder and longer to plat, simply because it had multiple different endings, as well as 10,000 damage with X  trophies. Fallout 3, with a guide, can be platted in 20 hours, maybe a little less. 

Edit: A first go around in Fallout 4 will probably take you a while though... Unless you wait for a game guide. Me, personally, am not going to go for the platinum off the bat. I'll take my time with Fallout 4.

Well technically you don't have to wait for a guide if you buy one. But I don't think the Special Edition Guide I bought will tell me how to get the platinum trophy.

Well technically you don't have to wait for a guide if you buy one. But I don't think the Special Edition Guide I bought will tell me how to get the platinum trophy.

Yea, I bought the collector's edition of the guide as well... but as you say, it probably wont road map the platinum for you. I'm not too worried. Fallout isn't they type of game I want planned out for me from the beginning. I bought the guide for after my first play through, and just because it'll have additional story bits. 

Yea, I bought the collector's edition of the guide as well... but as you say, it probably wont road map the platinum for you. I'm not too worried. Fallout isn't they type of game I want planned out for me from the beginning. I bought the guide for after my first play through, and just because it'll have additional story bits. 

I got the guide for 2 reasons.

One is because it's a collectors edition and won' t be made again when there sold out.

And two is the fact it shows tons of crafting recipes for guns on it (or so the guy at Gamestop told me).

The guide pretty much shows you some locations and gives you a brief road map on how to get through the story with maybe collectible locations.

Edited by demonoid321

I got the guide for 2 reasons.

One is because it's a collectors edition and won' t be made again when there sold out.

And two is the fact it shows tons of crafting recipes for guns on it (or so the guy at Gamestop told me).

The guide pretty much shows you some locations and gives you a brief road map on how to get through the story with maybe collectible locations.

Indeed it should. Crafting is going to be awesome. Heres a little concept art, if you haven't already seen it. It shows just how extensive the crafting system could be... it's just one weapon... but it shows how extensive it can be.

12.jpg

Indeed it should. Crafting is going to be awesome. Heres a little concept art, if you haven't already seen it. It shows just how extensive the crafting system could be... it's just one weapon... but it shows how extensive it can be.

12.jpg

I have a huge feeling there's going to be hundreds on different ways to customize just one gun.

Edited by demonoid321

I have a huge feeling there's going to be hundreds on different ways to customize just one gun.

Probably not hundreds, but enough to make each weapon you customize unique. There's also armor crafting, chems, food, and the settlement system. The guide is going to prove to be quite handy.