National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

10 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

A lot of people in KC are annoyed by this nonsense, myself included. Was fun to see Jason Kelce drunk and shirtless, though. :lol: 

Jason should be hired to be the Bud Light front man after last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

A lot of people in KC are annoyed by this nonsense, myself included. Was fun to see Jason Kelce drunk and shirtless, though. :lol: 

I dunno, that could get old real fast too if it becomes a weekly thing.  These Kelce’s are media-driven whores.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Now that the Chargers (read: Herbert) are off the board, Seattle seems like maybe the most attractive spot for a certain Ben Johnson to land... please.

Isn't he going to the Reds... Commanders?  I've been seeing a LOT of chatter about that all day but I guess nothing is final, yet.

I'm glad Harbaugh didn't go to an NFC team, especially not one in our division.  I liked him as a coach in SF, and would hate to have to play against him every year (or worse, 2-3 times a year).  At least with the Chargers we'll only see him once every 4 years (barring one obvious exception, but that's a very unlikely scenario).

Been a Chiefs fan my whole life (29 years) and truly did not expect to win against the Bills. With the remaining teams in the Championship games, if my squad can't get it done of course, this is the order I'd want to see win the Super Bowl.

1. Lions. They've been a cursed franchise forever and I think the city of Detroit and all it's fans have suffered long enough.

2. 49ers. I love the story of Brock Purdy and think it would be insane for the last pick in the draft to win it all. Who cares if he has a ton of awesome skill players around him? He's a good dude and can ball.

3. Ravens. I've been a Lamar Jackson supporter since he came into the league with all the "he should be a Wide Receiver" talk. He's shown tremendous improvement as a thrower year after year and I would not be mad at all if he won. 

But I'm hoping that Patrick Mahomes continues to chase Brady's titles and my team can cement him as the tried and true GOAT. lol

4 minutes ago, D-Square23 said:

Been a Chiefs fan my whole life (29 years) and truly did not expect to win against the Bills. With the remaining teams in the Championship games, if my squad can't get it done of course, this is the order I'd want to see win the Super Bowl.

1. Lions. They've been a cursed franchise forever and I think the city of Detroit and all it's fans have suffered long enough.

2. 49ers. I love the story of Brock Purdy and think it would be insane for the last pick in the draft to win it all. Who cares if he has a ton of awesome skill players around him? He's a good dude and can ball.

3. Ravens. I've been a Lamar Jackson supporter since he came into the league with all the "he should be a Wide Receiver" talk. He's shown tremendous improvement as a thrower year after year and I would not be mad at all if he won. 

But I'm hoping that Patrick Mahomes continues to chase Brady's titles and my team can cement him as the tried and true GOAT. lol

The experience Kansas has at playoffs i think will be a key point, it will be great to see who takes the offensive pace first

23 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

Isn't he going to the Reds... Commanders?  I've been seeing a LOT of chatter about that all day but I guess nothing is final, yet.

Down to two teams left.  I'm not too super-familiar with the re-skins roster but it seems like a young offensive minded coach would at least wanna take a long hard look at what they'd have in Seattle.  DK (who was CRIMINALLY underused this season), JSN, Lockett, Walker III, Charbonnet... even my main man Bobo!!  The only real "weak link" on offense is Geno and they could have a huge say in who eventually replaces him.  And I guess the O-line... which could be improved this year through the draft pretty easily.  Defense on the other hand is a mess, but I guess they could hand pick someone as a DC, say "fix it" and be done.  Doubt it matters though, they'll probably play it "safe" and hire Quinn *barf* or Vrabel.

35 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Down to two teams left.  I'm not too super-familiar with the re-skins roster but it seems like a young offensive minded coach would at least wanna take a long hard look at what they'd have in Seattle.  DK (who was CRIMINALLY underused this season), JSN, Lockett, Walker III, Charbonnet... even my main man Bobo!!  The only real "weak link" on offense is Geno and they could have a huge say in who eventually replaces him.  And I guess the O-line... which could be improved this year through the draft pretty easily.  Defense on the other hand is a mess, but I guess they could hand pick someone as a DC, say "fix it" and be done.  Doubt it matters though, they'll probably play it "safe" and hire Quinn *barf* or Vrabel.

Apparently Josh McDaniels is being thrown into the mix

Belichick apparently cost himself the job at Atlanta because he wanted to have as much power as he did in New England. The front office wasn’t happy, so they told him to go pound sand. Times have changed and what he had for years isn’t how it goes anymore. Maybe the Cowboys will realize the same when Jerry dies. Anyway, there aren’t many spots left and it seems like he put all his eggs in that basket.

20 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Times have changed and what he had for years isn’t how it goes anymore. Maybe the Cowboys will realize the same when Jerry dies.

Fans should be careful what they wish for.  Sure, not having a meddlesome owner running things might be an improvement.... but you could just as easily get a bad apple like Dan Snyder or a super-cheapskate like former Minnesota Twins (MLB) owner Carl Pohlad and very quickly find yourself wishing for the triumphant return of a "Jerry Jones type".

Even if Cowboys fans are lamenting the lack of titles over the past three decades of Jerry Jones' stewardship, they've got a team that is in the competitive mix the majority of the time.  Coming from a lifelong, middle-aged fan of a team that hasn't even made it to a Super Bowl in his lifetime, that's something I would gladly settle for.

1 hour ago, acasser said:

Fans should be careful what they wish for.  Sure, not having a meddlesome owner running things might be an improvement.... but you could just as easily get a bad apple like Dan Snyder or a super-cheapskate like former Minnesota Twins (MLB) owner Carl Pohlad and very quickly find yourself wishing for the triumphant return of a "Jerry Jones type".

Even if Cowboys fans are lamenting the lack of titles over the past three decades of Jerry Jones' stewardship, they've got a team that is in the competitive mix the majority of the time.  Coming from a lifelong, middle-aged fan of a team that hasn't even made it to a Super Bowl in his lifetime, that's something I would gladly settle for.

Problem with Jerry is the level of soft control he exercises over the league. He's almost the defacto leader of the owners union and much of the rule changes are influenced by him.

7 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Chiefs are going to Vegas! I did have my doubts, but glad I was wrong. 

Congrats on your team punching their ticket!  I only hope mine can do the same.  It was pretty insane that they held the Ravens to only 10 points playing in Baltimore.  I truly thought they were the best team in football... guess not.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

Congrats on your team punching their ticket!  I only hope mine can do the same.  It was pretty insane that they held the Ravens to only 10 points playing in Baltimore.  I truly thought they were the best team in football... guess not.

I expected more from the Ravens. 

1 hour ago, Zio_Sam87 said:

Someone tells the freaking defense that playoffs started last week... They forgot to came out and play since the freaking week 17

Niners looked slow in both games.  Guess that extra week off didn't help.  At least they got the win, but man, it wasn't looking like a game until midway through 3rd.

Just now, Zio_Sam87 said:

Man what a second half!! Say hello to Amy Trask, there was seven terrific QBs... And Brock Freaking Purdy!!!

Brock did typical Brock things.  Game manager, you say?  HA!

Also, why the hell wasn't that a personal foul on the Lions for slamming head first into Brock's face (causing his lip to bleed) on that 2nd sack in a row by the Lions goaline?  Should have been 1st and goal on the 5.  There have been bad calls all year, including a questionable no PI call late in the Ravens game that would have helped them (though that was a much better officiated game, imo), but how do you miss a blatant helmet to helmet hit on a QB, in the pocket?  At that point you have at least 3 refs staring directly at him cause he has the ball, is in the pocket, and that's where the play is.  How do you miss that?!  *sigh*  Hopefully the NFL brings the A team of refs to the SB, though they still might not be any good.