National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

9 hours ago, Rocko said:

So how good was that, Dontari Poe throwing a TD

This should come as no surprise to people but I didn't understand the significance of this guy?

Tbh I figured it was because people thought he would be running people over, and probably eating them in the process, but the play was an unexpected one.

22 hours ago, dmsleight said:

3.  Seattle's Lockett broke his tibia and fibia.  Thats 4 broken fibia (Earl Thomas) in recent weeks.

I mistyped, I meant to type QBs, not GBs.  Either way, I meant quarterbacks specifically.  Not to take anything away from others who've been hurt, but I do see players hurt a lot and in a lot of different ways.  It's just not common to see quarterbacks go down with breaks.  You see them get twisted and fall funny on their wrist, or in cases like Carson Palmer a few years back, they tear their ACL or MCL or both.  But actually breaking bones isn't very common for them.  It's very surprising to see 2 QBs break their legs in the same day.  But all said and done there have been quite a few breaks this year.  The one that was always the worst to watch for me was Napoleon McCallum.  That was the year my Niners last won a SB, and I remember just having a feeling that year so I watched every second of every game, and that injury still sticks out in my mind as one of the worst I've ever seen in football, probably on par with Joe Theisman in terms of damage, but his was quick, Napoleon's was so slow and agonizing to watch.  Feel free to google it if you haven't seen it, but I warn you, it's bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matto_lsi said:

I mistyped, I meant to type QBs, not GBs.  Either way, I meant quarterbacks specifically.  Not to take anything away from others who've been hurt, but I do see players hurt a lot and in a lot of different ways.  It's just not common to see quarterbacks go down with breaks.  You see them get twisted and fall funny on their wrist, or in cases like Carson Palmer a few years back, they tear their ACL or MCL or both.  But actually breaking bones isn't very common for them.  It's very surprising to see 2 QBs break their legs in the same day.  But all said and done there have been quite a few breaks this year.  The one that was always the worst to watch for me was Napoleon McCallum.  That was the year my Niners last won a SB, and I remember just having a feeling that year so I watched every second of every game, and that injury still sticks out in my mind as one of the worst I've ever seen in football, probably on par with Joe Theisman in terms of damage, but his was quick, Napoleon's was so slow and agonizing to watch.  Feel free to google it if you haven't seen it, but I warn you, it's bad.

I agree with you and I think that its fair to say that breaks are not common for any position.  Joint injuries are always the most common, muscles and head probably follow.

And so Gang Green's chickenshit coach has decided to go back to Ryan Fitzpatrick for Sunday's meaningless finale instead of giving some reps to Christan Hackenberg.  Because why not give the fans the middle finger one more time before going quietly into that long, offseason night.

I still don't think Todd Bowles is the problem with this team, or one of the big ones, or that he ought to be fired on Monday.... but he's doing a damned fine job of convincing me towards the other point of view.

So now Rex Ryan has been fired, very interesting they did it before there last game 

And Benching Taylor for Manuel for the last game, makes no sense to me, I thought cardale jones would've been a better idea of playing, 

Edited by Rocko

Cardale Jones probably hasn't had many practice reps, certainly not enough to play in a game against an (allegedly) NFL-caliber defense.  He's every bit the project that Christian Hackenberg is on the other side of Sunday's snooze-fest.  E.J. Manuel at least knows that offense and has played some this season.

As for Rex Ryan, if they were going to fire him next Monday they might as well have fired him now before he intentionally did things to screw up the Buffalo off-season.

56 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Colts great Robert Mathis has announced that he will play his last game on Sunday against the Jags, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts-star-pass-rusher-robert-mathis-says-hell-retire-after-sundays-season-finale/

Truly a great player, hall of fame maybe?

Not related to the topic at all but if I right click your trophy card to open in a new tab I get a 404 Error.

4 hours ago, Rocko said:

Colts great Robert Mathis has announced that he will play his last game on Sunday against the Jags, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts-star-pass-rusher-robert-mathis-says-hell-retire-after-sundays-season-finale/

Truly a great player, hall of fame maybe?

Seems two future HOFers are playing their last games on Sunday. Mathis and our boy, Steve Smith Sr. 

Feels good making the playoffs after 8 years of waiting. Gase has worked a miracle with all the injuries and holes on this team. It's hard to not be optimistic about the future. It's been a rough almost two decades as a Dolphins fan, but things are looking up. 

Even if they are one and done in the playoffs, everything now is just a bonus. 

• Like 2

Not NFL related but I'm watching the Peach bowl between Washington and Alabama and all I can do is wonder if Alabama's defense is ever going to get a penalty called on them.  Replays keep showing blatant penalties play after play, announcers are even pointing them out and ref's keep on ignoring them.  Alabama's defense is insane enough without getting away will penalties over and over.

On 12/26/2016 at 11:11 PM, Matto_lsi said:

Amen Brother.

Nap McCallum's injury was the worst I have ever seen, or EVER want to see.  Basically, straighten your leg, and then imagine having your foot coming straight forward to kick yourself in the groin. His knee bended the exact opposite way it is intended to.  He almost died on the field that night and it was a tragic ending to a career for an upstanding guy.  

21 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Seems two future HOFers are playing their last games on Sunday. Mathis and our boy, Steve Smith Sr. 

Steve Smith can be a Hall of Famer as long as he goes in after Isaac Bruce.  

My Week 17 NFL Tips

Bills over Jets

Vikings over Bears

Ravens over Bengals

Steelers over Browns

My Cowboys over Eagles 

Texans over Titans 

Colts over Jags

Patriots over Dolphins 

Bucs over Panthers

Falcons over Saints

Broncos over Raiders