What Developers do you Trust the Most?

Warm_Regards

I know all the developers on that list and I agree for the most part, with the exception of Compile heart and Tamsoft. After playing Neptunia mk2 and Monster Monpiece I can't trust CH when it comes to quality, those games were beyond atrocious. Never played a Tamsoft game so I can't really comment on them..

MonMon is a masterpiece!

Yeah because B-Sha isn't a character at all...

Crap, that's what I get for waiting for localized version...

Oh sure. They only lied to everyone about their The Last of Us MP DLC not having trophies so that people wouldn't buy the season pass, and then they backstabbed us and anybody who didn't buy the season pass had to pay extra because they expired the pass - which is bullshit btw - and they added trophies even though they promised that they wouldn't. Not to mention the bullshit they pulled with Uncharted 3, adding DLC trophies about 5 months after the DLC actually released, with trophies that are possible by playing the base game but unable to be unlocked without actually buying the DLC and only giving away the single player on PS+ so people had to buy it anyway for the platinum because of 2 trophies.

Naughty Dog is easily one of the worst gaming companies out there, lying to everyone and fucking consumers over time and time again.

FuturLab for me. Every game I've played from them has been great fun, and as far as I know, they've only ever lied to us once (they said Velocity Ultra would never be on PS+).

Edit: Everyone seems to be saying Naughty Dog :huh: Does nobody care that they repeatedly lie and fuck consumers over?

Your only complaints against Naughty Dog seem to be about trophies. While that is fair, most people don't give a shit about trophies. Naughty Dog puts out quality games every single time. Polished, and nearly bug free. That's why people trust them. I don't even care for Uncharted or Last of Us, but I wouldn't be afraid to pre order the next Naughty Dog game because those were high quality.

Adding DLC trophies hardly qualifies them as "the worst gaming company". Especially when you have greedy companies who can't release a fully working game, like Ubisoft or EA. Or developers who take years to fix major bugs like Bethesda.

• Like 4

Your only complaints against Naughty Dog seem to be about trophies. While that is fair, most people don't give a shit about trophies. Naughty Dog puts out quality games every single time. Polished, and nearly bug free. That's why people trust them. I don't even care for Uncharted or Last of Us, but I wouldn't be afraid to pre order the next Naughty Dog game because those were high quality.

Adding DLC trophies hardly qualifies them as "the worst gaming company". Especially when you have greedy companies who can't release a fully working game, like Ubisoft or EA. Or developers who take years to fix major bugs like Bethesda.

The Last of Us is hardly polished. Enemies seeing you through walls, AI not working as it should (which got me killed multiple times because me and my partner were supposed to stealth kill 2 guys at the same time - and he just felt like not doing it) and I know people who have fallen through the floor at times.

Also, expiring the season pass wasn't about trophies. That is just bullshit. Seriously. Old games like Assassin's Creed III still have a season pass, so why did Naughty Dog feel the need to "expire" it and remove it off of the store? :|

I was expecting them to fuck us over with the MP as they seem to do in every game now, so I got the season pass, but it's still really shitty for anyone who didn't and anyone who wants to get the game after it expires.

• Like 2

No love for Housemarque or Thatgamecompany?   Always quality from these two studios.

Rocksteady deliver.

I would say Visceral Games too although I skipped B. Hardline.

Insomniac Games...tentatively, made some great titles but annoy me with some of their decisions occasionally.

Supergiant Games.

Double Eleven Limited, impressive resume.

MachineGames, enjoyed the Wolfenstein games and apparently the entire team worked on the Riddick, Butchers Bay & The Darkness games both of which I liked.

I think I'd buy whatever Naughty Dog releases without thinking twice.

I also never got disappointed by Telltale though not everything they do is mindblowing/heartbreaking/whatever.

And indie-wise I'd say Dennaton, Fullbright and Mike Bithell cause they made several games I liked or I am looking for.

• Like 1

Some of the answers here are interesting, the ones I completely trust are Nintendo, Platinum Games, Naughty Dog, and Sucker Punch (the Sly games were among my faves back in the day)

Others include:

Square Enix 

Valve

Atlus

Spike Chunsoft

Rockstar Games

Edited by NullRay85

These days...mostly indie studios. While I do typically like the work of folks like Bioware, Ninja Theory, and Platinum Games (to name a few), I still don't fully trust them. If a big budget is involved in making the project, such things (things that I highly value) that affect the core gameplay are at risk such as innovativeness and creativity. I find that with AAA developers, when a lot of money is being invested into a game, they (or are pressured by the publisher to be) are more interested in implementing what they know is going to more than likely sell than taking real risks on something different that could possibly not catch on or not as fast as they would like to. Every so often you'll get an AAA developer who successfully breaks the status quo and sets the trend(s) that every other AAA developers will piggy back on until the next guy comes along to make a successful leap of faith.

Its the very reason why I tend to be more drawn to indie titles or "B" titles from major developers/publishers. In theory when working with less to create a game, more time seems to be invested into inserting some creative ideas into the core gameplay than into the HD visuals, voice acting, and the academy award nominated story writing. I'm just not overly impressed by high production values...at least not alone that is. I'm the kid from the generation of gamers where games were still good when your story came straight out of the instruction booklet, visuals were 8 to 16-bit,  and your voice acting came from the crappy After School/Saturday Morning cartoon shows based off of them. I have simple needs :P

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 3

There is absolutely NO developer that I trust enough that I would buy a new IP sight-unseen. I still scratch my head at the utter irrationality of gamers today who pre-order anything. Even with my favorite titles (Dark Souls, Dragon Age, e.g.), I have to see the game in action before I buy it.

As far as trusting developers enough to give a looksie to ALL of their titles, FROM Software and Bioware top that list, but again, I'll only buy once I have enough data to determine whether the game is worth the price (and a game hasn't been worth full sticker price for me since Dark Souls II). I do like many indie games, but I deplore many more, so I can't really commit to any of them specifically (although, I think if Watermelon made another 16-bit RPG, I would probably buy it early on).

• Like 2

CD Projekt RED

Fromsoft

I trust Naughty Dog to release good single player adventure games but I don't like the fact they feel the need to tack a multiplayer mode onto everything and charge $80 for some stickers and virtual currency.

Your game is not an MMO Naughty Dog, no one cares about costumes in a shoddy multiplayer no one will play after 4 months.